PDA

View Full Version : Shamrock v. Tito II!!!!!

Arcades057
09-Jul-2006, 12:02 AM
Who's gonna win, people? Also, don't forget the Arlovski v. Sylvia part III!!

creepntom
09-Jul-2006, 02:26 AM
i'm pullin for Tito & Tim

Adrenochrome
09-Jul-2006, 03:30 AM
I'm waiting on the Count Chocula/Frankenberry VS the Trix Rabbit/Kaboom Clown fight....yeah!!! that's gonna be some good fightin' there, bro! Yeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
**cracks open a beer and kisses his sister on her purdy mouth**

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OddDNA
09-Jul-2006, 05:40 AM
they are -$40 for nothing?

luckily I won enough money betting on Tim Silvia to win the fight on bet on sports to cover my loses and my PPV fee

but Shamrock Vs Ortiz was a joke.

MapMan
09-Jul-2006, 06:03 AM
I'm waiting on the Count Chocula/Frankenberry VS the Trix Rabbit/Kaboom Clown fight....yeah!!! that's gonna be some good fightin' there, bro! Yeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
**cracks open a beer and kisses his sister on her purdy mouth**

Easy.....we have a saying here in Tennessee. Incest is better than no cest atall. (atall is one word here ):D

Ultimate fights are brutal. I don't keep up with them though. I did watch Shamrock beat the crap out of some guy the other night while I was channel surfing.

Adrenochrome
09-Jul-2006, 06:23 AM
Easy.....we have a saying here in Tennessee. Incest is better than no cest atall. (atall is one word here ):D

Ultimate fights are brutal. I don't keep up with them though. I did watch Shamrock beat the crap out of some guy the other night while I was channel surfing.
hehehe - actually, I'm from Memphis... (although, currently reside outside of Kansas City)...AND...from the side of town where those "Ultimate Fighters" would be laughed at, forcibly dressed up as little girls and kicked out of town.......that's why I make the funny.:D

AcesandEights
09-Jul-2006, 11:37 AM
Maybe people who are too into this **** are a bit...out there, but the damned fights are so compelling. I be channel surfing and stop dead during a match and just get stuck on the channel.

Shamrock looked like a mutant by the end of their last fight and they definitely seem to hate each other, so that means good action.

OddDNA
09-Jul-2006, 02:58 PM
hehehe - actually, I'm from Memphis... (although, currently reside outside of Kansas City)...AND...from the side of town where those "Ultimate Fighters" would be laughed at, forcibly dressed up as little girls and kicked out of town.......that's why I make the funny.:D

That is the most nonsensical statement I've read in a long time. If that is the case why dont you have tons of fighting millionaires from your side of town lol.

Trust me as someone who has gotten into many fights the hard part of a fight is not being tough or being able to knock people out...it is not sucking wind after 30 seconds of fighting. Ultimate Fighters are able to take a punch, impose a threat and have great stamina (sp?).

axlish
09-Jul-2006, 04:05 PM
Ugh. Shamrock needs to hang it up, really. I'm no fan of Tito, but Ken shouldn't mess with this guy again. It'd be nice if Frank would come back and fight Tito again.

OddDNA
09-Jul-2006, 04:08 PM
Ken was still in the fight...thdy stopped it early to hype up Shamrock vs Ortiz 3.

Ken prob would have lost though, but maybe not he showed last time he could take some punishment and you know all submission guys need is one lucky roll on the canvas and they end up with an arm or a leg to get the tap out.

I would like to see Shamrock fight Ortiz again but they extracted their last $40 from me.

axlish
09-Jul-2006, 04:36 PM
I thought it ended quick, but after the replay you can see that Ken was laying there taking abuse. Seriously, if someone has landed 5-6 elbows to my face, get the guy off me. Ken wasn't getting his arms in the way, or making any effort to do anything.

Adrenochrome
09-Jul-2006, 06:41 PM
That is the most nonsensical statement I've read in a long time. If that is the case why dont you have tons of fighting millionaires from your side of town lol.

Trust me as someone who has gotten into many fights the hard part of a fight is not being tough or being able to knock people out...it is not sucking wind after 30 seconds of fighting. Ultimate Fighters are able to take a punch, impose a threat and have great stamina (sp?).
Just messing around, friend.....I have never even seen an Ultimate Fight match......(The part of town I grew up in IS/WAS pretty rough tho. And I did my share of scrapping...)

OddDNA
09-Jul-2006, 11:16 PM
Just messing around, friend.....I have never even seen an Ultimate Fight match......(The part of town I grew up in IS/WAS pretty rough tho. And I did my share of scrapping...)

OK gotcha it is hard to catch sarcasm on here. I just hate when some people say what you said and are dead serious.

So I get the joke now :)

Arcades057
10-Jul-2006, 05:53 AM
Tito v. Shamrock was a joke, but I bet everyone I knew Tito would come out on top. No one took the bets, but I tried. I figured Sylvia would win in the first round by knockout, but dang did that one drag out! The best fight of the night was the first one, the Yves Edward v. Joe Stevenson. I've never seen so much blood in a fight before!

On this, the couple of times I've been hit while fighting I don't feel it until afterwords. But if I accidently bump my nose or poke myself in the eye, good LORD it hurts! It's amazing how these fighters can keep it together when they're gushing blood, or like in the Frank Mir, Tim Sylvia fight from many moons ago, when they get a broken arm and still try to slam the guy into the dirt with that arm! I hit a guy in a fight once with my thumb tucked behind my fingers and didn't feel it for a while. When I did, boy oh boy...

slickwilly13
10-Jul-2006, 03:53 PM
That's too bad about Yves. He lives in my area and is a great guy. I hate to see him lose. I came close to training with him a while back, but couldn't at the time because of $$$ reasons. MMA schools are not cheap.

glsjaw
11-Jul-2006, 10:33 PM
i have issues with this fight:
sure Herb stopped the fight quick because Ken wasnt defending himself, BUT Tito was so quick on getting him in that situation he might not of had time to react yet (or would of become a vegetable,who Knows)

I personally dont think there will be a 3rd fight, theres nothing left to prove.Let Tito make another run at the belt and lose to someone else down the road

Arcades057
11-Jul-2006, 10:44 PM
I want to see Tito v. Liddell part II. That'll be another long shot of Tito getting drilled into the mat :D

paulannett
13-Jul-2006, 09:20 PM
Who was actually surprised with the Tito Vs Shamrock fight? Damnit, I was glad to see Shamrock get taught (another) lesson, but Tito, you could have dragged it out!!! :D It's about damn time that Shamrock gave up; he's turned into a laughing stock (though, he still looks in great shape, he's lost his prowess).

I wanted Arlovski to beat Sylvia, I think Arlovski is the dogs bollocks when it comes to the heavyweight division--although, when Sylvia won and was reduced to tears, it was cool to see such passion forhis title. The fight itself wasn't exciting; I reckon if Arlovksi used his Samba ground skills, it would have been too difficult for Sylvia.

As for the first fight, hell yes. That amount of blood, to me, is unprecedented in a UFC fight...

I also had the pleasure of watching the event with a MMA fighter and my best friend who is training towards it too.

Several things that I want to see:

- George St Piere Vs Matt Hughs
- Chuck Liddell Vs Ortiz (I hope Chuck mauls Babalu)
- Sylvia Vs Arlovski
- Forrest Griffin Vs Ortiz II
- Mike Swick needs to move up the middleweight contender list.
- Frank Mir needs to get his ****ing stamina back and lose some of that flab, he was in the worst shape ever this past weekend.

Hmmm...

OddDNA
13-Jul-2006, 10:55 PM
That was a lot of blood but go back in UFC history and watch the

Oleg Tektarov Vs. Dan Severn Fight for another bloody bloody fight