PDA

View Full Version : Oscar Night; We saw your boobs.

wayzim
25-Feb-2013, 12:44 PM
Sorry, not the forced and vaguely funny song by host Seth MacFarlane. Rather it was the not surprisingly unenthused celebration of cinema which made rabid fans long for the Golden Globes ( again, not necessarily those displayed by the actresses mentioned by Mr. Family Guy in his tribute to Big Screen Breasts ( Hint, folks like Mr. Skin can tell you more about that. )

I actually zonked out about halfway through, but given that I hardly saw any of the films this year I often felt like Bill Murray from classic 70's SNL when I say, "Didn't see it, can't comment on it. "

Maybe I'm just finally getting old and cynical, but while Jennifer Lawrence is a pretty girl, I'd rather she stop trying to mug for the camera and just show us her boobs already ( despite what Seth sang, it's only a matter of time. )

Now, what I liked was Shirley Bassey singing Goldfinger and Adele singing SkyFall, which goes to show that some current vocalists can match the older performers. And the cast from Les Miz showed that what was on the screen wasn't simply some movie magic but a fair bit of actual talent.

Otherwise, maybe next year Hollywood might surpass the usual Song and Dance mediocrity. Seth is a funny interview, but when the funniest moments was his homage actresses boobs and a nod to 'The Sound of Music. ' (Oh, and I do endorse his love for all things Sally Fields, though we can skip the Nun outfit ) we'd rather have Amy and Tina instead.

Wayne Z

Neil
25-Feb-2013, 01:01 PM
I didn't see it, so can't comment on it. :)

wayzim
25-Feb-2013, 04:17 PM
I didn't see it, so can't comment on it. :)

Well played, sir.

And for that, this is a snippet of what Seth was up to last night on the Oscars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TWLKP8j0zk

Hint; don't know how this'll last, because Oscar is apparently hunting down all but the sanctioned ones for copyright.

Wayne Z

shootemindehead
27-Feb-2013, 01:14 PM
Hate Oscar night, but now I am sorry that I didn't watch.

It's gas How many of the actresses are looking pissed off at the song...ha ha - wankers.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, someone's just told me that they were playing along with the joke.

wayzim
28-Feb-2013, 04:32 PM

It's gas How many of the actresses are looking pissed off at the song...ha ha - wankers.

- - - Updated - - -

That they did, since sharp eyed viewers noticed the actresses mentioned had different dresses on for the reaction shots.
And speaking of jokes ( awkward segue moment. ) here's a post oscar interview with Jennifer Lawrence after her win for best actress in Silver Lining Playbook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8_ijaKmtmw

I've been a big fan of Jack Nicholson, starting with his Roger Corman film days, but this is kinda sad.

Wayne Z

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

And as the smoke clears, the legions of shocked viewers show that once again, many of our grand crusaders for women's right & gender equality, have neither a sense of irony or the ability to spot self deprecating humor. The song was never about Boobs! It was about Seth Macfarlane often going to the lowest point on the humor scale. You don't have to laugh at it to appreciate his intentions.

I'm wondering if his choice of films included in the song was deliberate as well, as Macfarlane should've known damn well that over half of them had graphic rapes of the main characters. If you were show yourself as picking the bottom of the barrel for an offensive joke, you couldn't go lower than that. The joke will forever be on the offended, if they don't get off their high horse and back into the trenches to do some real work to help battered and abused women.

And just to make it clear, this is from a guy who had many women come to him over the years after being humiliated and worse, because their sisters were too busy being political, because their families were too busy being shocked, because they didn't want to reveal the dirty secret ( their words ) to their boyfriends, so yes I do understand the seriousness of this issue.

Ok, I'm off the soapbox. Let's get back to more gutter humor.

Wayne Z