PDA

View Full Version : Justice League (film) - Bale as Batman?

Neil
04-Mar-2013, 11:44 AM
Yes, there's talk/rumours of Bale reprising his role, and Nolan being involved too!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Christopher-Nolan-Taking-Over-Justice-League-Bringing-Bale-Back-Batman-36121.html

We've gotten really worried about the Justice League movie lately, with news that Warner Bros. had thrown out Will Beall's script for the film, and a lot of us worried the movie-- like George Miller's attempt years ago-- would fall apart entirely. But of course, Justice League carries enormous potential for the studio, their version of the massively successful The Avengers, and they're not going to give up that fast. Especially if they've got an ace up their sleeve to make it happen with aplomb.

Who's that ace? Christopher Nolan, of course. No, he hasn't been involved in any Justice League plans so far, stating over and over that his role as producer on this summer's Superman effort Man of Steel will be his last effort in superhero stories, and he's completely done with Batman. But according to Latino Review, the scrapping of Will Beall's script is a sign that has changed… and "Chris Nolan has completely taken over the DC Universe at Warner Bros."

Nolan's hand guiding the future of DC Comics stories is exactly what fans have been rooting for this whole time, but that's not all: Latino Review's sources tell them that Nolan is shaping Justice League as a team-up between Man of Steel star Henry Cavill and Christian Bale, reprising his role as Batman. As Latino Review's El Mayimbe puts it, Superman will arrive and find Bruce Wayne somewhere in his peaceful retirement, tell him he's putting a team together, and get all the new action started.

- - - Updated - - -

And AICN joins in too! - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61264

The tentative plan is for Snyder to direct JUSTICE LEAGUE from a story devised by Nolan and Goyer. Snyder's deal isn't in place, but considering how ecstatic everyone at WB is about MAN OF STEEL (I've been told it's the movie of Summer 2013), the studio will make that deal.

Trancelikestate
04-Mar-2013, 11:55 AM
I know some people will hate me for saying this, and before I do keep in mind I'm a huge batman fan. But I DESPISE Bale. I like the Nolan batman movies but Bale kills it for me. I'm sure I've mentioned it before. I don't really need to explain why. It's obvious. Anyhow, this would suck. Go ahead, crucify me. Bale sucks as batman as much as Shaq sucked as steel.

bassman
04-Mar-2013, 12:12 PM
I don't have a problem with Bale, but I also wouldn't mind if they dropped him and kept Nolan on board. Nolan's future involvement is the center of this news, imo. If they have Nolan on as the Fiege/Whedon/Favreau of the DCU, there won't be any other franchise that stands a chance.

Man Of Steel can't get here soon enough...