PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones - The most pirates TV series

Neil
04-Mar-2013, 12:58 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/21630456

One episode of Game of Thrones racked up 4,280,000 illegal global downloads, according to Torrentfreak. That was slightly more than than its estimated US television audience.

Trust John Bradley, one of the 'largest' actors in the show, to use a cake analogy about piracy :)

bassman
04-Mar-2013, 01:01 PM
And this doesn't include streaming. Which is kinda strange to me, anyway. Why are people still downloading this stuff when you can stream it?

Legion2213
04-Mar-2013, 01:04 PM
And this doesn't include streaming. Which is kinda strange to me, anyway. Why are people still downloading this stuff when you can stream it?

I tend to "use" my 42 incher (oo-err)

I could connect my lappy up to the TV I suppose, but I am just used to the method I mentioned.

bassman
04-Mar-2013, 01:11 PM
I just run an HDMI to the TV and stream it. Not wait, no fuss, no loading.

Danny
05-Mar-2013, 04:32 PM
Seems more and more piracy is turning into the new charts of whats hot nowadays.

Personally i pirated game of thrones, watched it, loved it, and ordered the blu ray box set, some shirts, a mug and all the books from hbo and amazon, so i have absolutely no problems admitting i pirated it, because they created such a quality product they deserved my money for it and im very eager for the season 2 blu ray box set.

and yeah i pirated season 2 as well, but you bet your ass im buying it and the winds of winter when they release.

krisvds
05-Mar-2013, 04:39 PM
Seems more and more piracy is turning into the new charts of whats hot nowadays.

Personally i pirated game of thrones, watched it, loved it, and ordered the blu ray box set, some shirts, a mug and all the books from hbo and amazon, so i have absolutely no problems admitting i pirated it, because they created such a quality product they deserved my money for it and im very eager for the season 2 blu ray box set.

and yeah i pirated season 2 as well, but you bet your ass im buying it and the winds of winter when they release.

Same. Still have to read the books though...
Best fantasy series on the telly ever. Love it. Can't wait for season three.

Neil
05-Mar-2013, 05:56 PM
I've happened to catch a couple of old episodes on TV recently... And I've found myself glued and watch them (again) :)

shootemindehead
05-Mar-2013, 07:04 PM
Well, as Neil Gaiman said, if you're pirating something, you probably weren't going to buy it anyway, so there is no real loss in revenue.

I agree wholeheartedly with that POV and disagree with the money-minded SOPA advocates and their nonsense about losing money.

In addition to what Gaiman said, pirating is actually a great advertisement for quality products, as Danny has mentioned and he's not alone. A lot of people who collect DVDs will certainly buy the legit article, even if they've downloaded an entire series from the web, because they'll want the best possible sound/image they can get.