PDA

View Full Version : Joe Weider dies.

Purge
23-Mar-2013, 10:07 PM
For fellow lifters on the board.

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-joe-weider-legendary-bodybuilding-and-fitness-icon-dies-at-93-20130323,0,6121077.story

slickwilly13
24-Mar-2013, 02:12 AM
I did not know he was 93. Going to hit the weights harder this weekend for Mr. Weider. Did anyone ever try his protein powders in the 80's and early 90's? Powders have come a long way.

Purge
24-Mar-2013, 06:59 PM
I did not know he was 93. Going to hit the weights harder this weekend for Mr. Weider. Did anyone ever try his protein powders in the 80's and early 90's? Powders have come a long way.

Didn't start lifting until 2000, but I remember his Dynamic Weight Gainer and Muscle Builder powders being pretty good.

Neil
24-Mar-2013, 08:18 PM
Nice to see someone in this area live to such a good age - The image for body building seems to be a poor one, especiall for heart condition etc. I guess mainly due to steroids screwing up peoples hearts so much!

slickwilly13
24-Mar-2013, 11:05 PM
Didn't start lifting until 2000, but I remember his Dynamic Weight Gainer and Muscle Builder powders being pretty good.

I started to lift in '93 and had a chance to try his earlier formulas. You missed out. :lol: The vanilla version tasted like pancake batter with a hint of dried dog food.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice to see someone in this area live to such a good age - The image for body building seems to be a poor one, especiall for heart condition etc. I guess mainly due to steroids screwing up peoples hearts so much!

Steriod abuse will most definately cause your heart to grow to an abnormal size. It is one of the reasons a lot of prowrestlers are dropping dead. Randy Savage's heart was over-sized and so was Eddie Guerrero's.

Neil
25-Mar-2013, 09:36 AM
Steriod abuse will most definately cause your heart to grow to an abnormal size. It is one of the reasons a lot of prowrestlers are dropping dead. Randy Savage's heart was over-sized and so was Eddie Guerrero's.
I know people who are in this situation :(