PDA

View Full Version : Wachowski's + Straczynski = ?????? (TV series)

Neil
28-Mar-2013, 01:44 PM
No, the answer isn't "2.5 men"... It's "Sense8," a new TV series.

http://mashable.com/2013/03/27/sense8/

Andy and Lana Wachowski of The Matrix fame are working on a new TV series called Sense8, and it's coming exclusively to Netflix in 2014.

The 10-episode first season is produced by the Wachowskis and written by J. Michael Straczynski, best known as the creator of Babylon 5 TV series and his work on Thor and Underworld Awakening.

"We're excited to work with Netflix and Georgeville Television on this project, and we've wanted to work with Joe Straczynski for years, chiefly due to the fact his name is harder to pronounce than ours, but also because we share a love of genre and all things nerdy," said Andy and Lana Wachowski.

MoonSylver
29-Mar-2013, 02:00 AM
Bab 5 was f'ing Boss. Period. If J. Michael Straczynski is in, I'm intrigued. :)

Legion2213
29-Mar-2013, 10:11 PM
Bab 5 was f'ing Boss. Period. If J. Michael Straczynski is in, I'm intrigued. :)

Yep, if JMS is involved I'm gonna take a look at it.

G'Kar & Londo were two of the greatest characters not only in sci-fi history, but in TV history...the dynamic between them was hilarious and tragic at the same time.

My B5 DVD box set is one of my most treasured posessions. :)

Neil
29-Mar-2013, 11:11 PM
Yep, if JMS is involved I'm gonna take a look at it.

G'Kar & Londo were two of the greatest characters not only in sci-fi history, but in TV history...the dynamic between them was hilarious and tragic at the same time.

My B5 DVD box set is one of my most treasured posessions. :)

I've been working my way thru the entire series again slowl... And while some of the episodes are a little mediocre, there's some fabulous stuff in there. And I know I'll be watering up again at "Sleeping in Light" :(

Legion2213
29-Mar-2013, 11:38 PM
I've been working my way thru the entire series again slowl... And while some of the episodes are a little mediocre, there's some fabulous stuff in there. And I know I'll be watering up again at "Sleeping in Light" :(

Definitely far more hits than misses over the run of the entire series...just a darn good show, great stories, great characters, proper story arcs, cracking entertainment...up there with Farscape, Firefly etc as far as I am concerned. Essential sci-fi! :)