PDA

View Full Version : Romero to remake Night?

capncnut
31-Mar-2013, 04:45 PM
Interesting gossip going down at HorrorMovies.ca (http://www.horror-movies.ca/2013/03/george-romero-to-direct-night-of-the-living-dead-remake/)... ;)

Today comes some pretty big news that George Romero will go back to his roots with a remake of Night of the Living Dead.

The original Night of the Living Dead film was mired in controversy when he lost the copyright and the film has been remade, rehashed and absolutely destroyed by various filmmakers over the years.

The only saving grace was in 1990 it was remade with Romero producing and Tom Savini directing and that was a truly awesome film.

Neil
31-Mar-2013, 05:56 PM
Ummmm...

bassman
31-Mar-2013, 07:16 PM
Great. As if Romero hadn't tarnished his name enough already, he's going back to the well. To poison it.

Rancid Carcass
31-Mar-2013, 07:21 PM
The script for the remake is set to bring Night of the Living Dead to a more modern era

I believe that means he's going to use runners this time... :shifty:

Cykotic
31-Mar-2013, 07:43 PM
Oh dear god...

I'm not even gonna touch this...

Look at the date!!! Think what it is tomorrow!

shootemindehead
31-Mar-2013, 10:39 PM
Can we just not leave this film alone?

Another remake?

ProfessorChaos
01-Apr-2013, 02:28 AM
about a day early, aren't ya? oh well, ya got me, you son of a bitch....

JonOfTheShred
01-Apr-2013, 08:50 AM
Awesome! Hopefully they hire Danny Elfman to do the soundtrack and use only CGI for zombies. That way Romero can focus on the keen comedic aspects of his writing, bringing it more into the forefront as opposed to being regulated to 'tension breaking' status.

Oh, and walkie talkies instead of guns.

Rancid Carcass
01-Apr-2013, 11:50 AM
walkie talkies instead of guns.

They could always CGI them in later if needs be... ;)

I'm also thinking that the ending could be reworked so that 'Ben shot first'...

JonOfTheShred
01-Apr-2013, 06:16 PM
They could always CGI them in later if needs be... ;)

I'm also thinking that the ending could be reworked so that 'Ben shot first'...

And also, instead of having Cooper and Ben have a heated rivalry, largely based on Coopers bigoted impression of 'minorities,' Romero can use the two as a plot device to champion his standpoint on same-sex marriage. Cooper and Ben can fall in love, leaving Coopers wife a complete mess - until she hooks up with Barbara and the two scissor in the basement. :elol:

shootemindehead
02-Apr-2013, 04:53 AM
That film has probably already been made.

JonOfTheShred
02-Apr-2013, 05:18 AM
That film has probably already been made.

It has, and they already remade it. A remake of a re-imagining of a reboot of a remix of a spiritual successor.

Ragnarr
19-Apr-2013, 10:52 PM
And also, instead of having Cooper and Ben have a heated rivalry, largely based on Coopers bigoted impression of 'minorities,' Romero can use the two as a plot device to champion his standpoint on same-sex marriage. Cooper and Ben can fall in love, leaving Coopers wife a complete mess - until she hooks up with Barbara and the two scissor in the basement. :elol:

Touche Sir! :D

jscott
19-Apr-2013, 11:14 PM

I'd go to see that.

dirtydwarf
31-May-2013, 02:59 PM
Modernized?? Does that mean the Ben character is going to be replaced with a strong willed, powerful yet petite, woman lead?

krakenslayer
04-Jun-2013, 05:16 PM
Modernized?? Does that mean the Ben character is going to be replaced with a strong willed, powerful yet petite, woman lead?

Dude, go back and check the date when the article was first posted. All will become clear. (Hint: it was posted a few hours earlier than it should have been)