PDA

View Full Version : any of you guys and gals ever see.....

Adrenochrome
09-Jul-2006, 10:28 PM
Hide and Creep?
I rented this today because of the claim on the cover by "Kevin Smith's MoviePopShoot.com" as being "Even better than Shaun of the Dead".
It's put out by The Asylum home entertainment.

Well, it's NOT better than Shaun by ANY means, whatsoever (as I knew it couldn't be).....BUT....it's quite funny and worth a watch; LOTS of cheesy jokes and bad make-up/FX
Hide and Creep Trailer & Photos (http://www.crewless.com/hideandcreep/trailerandphoto.php)

Another Hide and Creep Review (http://horrortalk.com/reviews/HideAndCreep/HideandCreep.htm)

If this has been posted before, sorry.

peace

Debbieangel
10-Jul-2006, 01:32 AM
Yes I did see that movie and it dont even rate to bea GAR wannabe!
Cheesey geesh soo much cheese its dripping with it!lol
Yea a good flick to watch for a laugh!

MikePizzoff
10-Jul-2006, 08:35 AM
From the trailer it looks like most of this film takes place in the woods... is this the case? I don't really enjoy zombie flicks like that.

The supermarket parts of the trailer were hillarious, though. Those alone make me want to buy this.

MinionZombie
10-Jul-2006, 10:39 AM
I'd give it a watch, it certainly looks better than Dead & Breakfast - another film to rape itself into the same league as the ultimately superior Shaun of the Dead. D&B was pitiful, really bloody bad ... so H&C can't be any worse. I'll download it though, no way am I wasting more money on Shaun wannabes (a tenner on D&B was a complete ass-rape). :mad:

Adrenochrome
10-Jul-2006, 12:03 PM
From the trailer it looks like most of this film takes place in the woods... is this the case? I don't really enjoy zombie flicks like that.

The supermarket parts of the trailer were hillarious, though. Those alone make me want to buy this.
Not all of it is in the woods...it really does have some very funny/cheesy lines. I think you guys will enjoy it at least once.

Danny
10-Jul-2006, 10:19 PM
okay, ive said it before and ill say it again, any film that says its funnier than or as funny as shaun, never is, case in point:

slither
undead (though i liked it it isnt as good)
dead and breakfast
hide and creep

and at least 3 more i cant remember the names of, in fact slithers uk trailer was just clips with a voice over guy saying "slither, its funnier than shaun of the dead....slither" and that was the uk ad campain, wereas 28 days later or shaun of the dead didnt need to do any lame ass name dropping like those god aweful films.:barf:

i mean i can only think of 3 zombie films better than shaun of the dead, anyone care to take a guess at which ones? :)

Philly_SWAT
11-Jul-2006, 01:48 AM
okay, ive said it before and ill say it again, any film that says its funnier than or as funny as shaun, never is, case in point:
I have to agree. The more I watch Shawn, the more I realize what a brilliant film it is. Even non-zombie fans would like the movie. It is funny, and almost every line of dialogue is either foreshadowing future events, or a clever tribute to a line said earlier in the movie.

I have never seen "Hide and Creep". If it ever shows up on HBO, Cinemax, etc, I'll check it out. I have no desire to pay any money to buy or rent it.

HLS
11-Jul-2006, 02:20 AM
Hide and Creep?
I rented this today because of the claim on the cover by "Kevin Smith's MoviePopShoot.com" as being "Even better than Shaun of the Dead".

Well, it's NOT better than Shaun by ANY means, whatsoever (as I knew it couldn't be).....BUT....it's quite funny and worth a watch; LOTS of cheesy jokes and bad make-up/FX
Hide and Creep Trailer & Photos (http://www.crewless.com/hideandcreep/trailerandphoto.php)

Another Hide and Creep Review (http://horrortalk.com/reviews/HideAndCreep/HideandCreep.htm)

peace
I wonder if Suncoast has it on dvd. I wanna see it. Looks like a good cheezy flick!!

MinionZombie
11-Jul-2006, 10:47 AM
i mean i can only think of 3 zombie films better than shaun of the dead, anyone care to take a guess at which ones?

Gee, clearly you're talking about:

Zombi 3
Zombie Nosh AKA Flesheater
Zombie High

You were right? :sneaky::p

Agreed though on how utterly lame it is that these films are raping the good name of Shaun of the Dead, it's retarded to do so anyway - comparing American humour to British humour is like comparing a slab of stanky cheese with Jessica Alba's boobs. :lol:

Disclaimer to any complainer: I think a significant chunk of American comedy is great (one example being Chappelle's Show, or South Park, or Futurama or many more) ... but Dead & Breakfast is American comedy done bad ... done very, very baaaaad!

Adrenochrome
11-Jul-2006, 01:28 PM
comparing American humour to British humour is like comparing a slab of stanky cheese with Jessica Alba's boobs. :lol:

So true.....British humor has left me crying from laughing so hard.
Fawlty Towers does this more than anything. (And, believe it or not, Keeping Up Appearances has had me rolling as well.)
I DO draw the line at the show about the department store.....can't think of the name right now, but,....well....it's just awful.

MinionZombie
11-Jul-2006, 06:38 PM
Oh yeah, you mean "Are You Being Served?" ... yeah, I can't really imagine you liking that show ... however I am quite shocked you're into Keeping Up Appearances! Blimey-o-reily, what's the world coming to?! :eek:

*phone rings*

"The buquet residence, lady of the house speaking..."

('course, folk no in the know about the "bucket" / "buquet" joke won't get it, ha!)

And how about that Onslo, lol.

Graebel
11-Jul-2006, 06:49 PM
comparing American humour to British humour is like comparing a slab of stanky cheese with Jessica Alba's boobs. :lol:

Nothing beats Monty Python's Flying Circus. (in my book ) But I used to watch Absolutely Fabulous religiously.

dmbfanintn
11-Jul-2006, 06:57 PM
Nothing beats Monty Python's Flying Circus. (in my book ) But I used to watch Absolutely Fabulous religiously.

Absolutely Hilarious!!!! That's my two favorite, pot smoking, non-working Brit chicks!!!!

bassman
11-Jul-2006, 06:59 PM
Absolutely Hilarious!!!! That's my two favorite, pot smoking, non-working Brit chicks!!!!

Hrmmm....I'm a big fan of Monty Python but I've never heard of "Absolutely Fabulous"....

Andy
11-Jul-2006, 07:53 PM
Hide and Creep?

peace

reminds me of "bad taste" for some reason, honestly dont know why so dont ask. just the connection is there for me.

MinionZombie
11-Jul-2006, 09:33 PM
Agreed on the Shaun comment - I even got my Mum to watch it (and she doesn't go in for horror or zombies), but because of the Brit comedy thing then she watched it and she actually quite enjoyed it (as did my Dad - who I also got to watch Spaced - which he really enjoyed!).