PDA

View Full Version : Defiance (TV series)

Neil
14-Apr-2013, 10:15 AM
So should I bother watching it?

Danny
14-Apr-2013, 10:47 AM
Perhaps.

Neil
14-Apr-2013, 11:01 AM
^^ Anyone have a stronger opinion maybe?

kidgloves
16-Apr-2013, 11:52 PM
Yes. You should try it. Why not?
I enjoyed it a lot. Getting a strange DS9/Deadwood lite vibe from it.

rightwing401
17-Apr-2013, 01:06 AM
If you are really into sci fi shows, it'd likely be a pretty good show to spend your monday evening watching. I was a bit skeptical about it, but was pleasantly suprised with how good the story was fleshed out and how human the characters were (even the alien ones). The creators of the show did a pretty good job of showing the mutual assimilation of the aliens and humans, and how each are adapting and taking on the different cultures and customs from the other. The only thing I felt was lacking was there needed a bit stronger of a back story to how the planetary landscape has changed. The most you find out in the first episode is that there is a state of armestance between humanity and the aliens, and the town of Defiance is one of the few places where humans and aliens live side by side.

I agree with kidgloves, it does have a sort of DS9 and rustic wild west town vibe.

rgc2005
17-Apr-2013, 03:01 AM
If you were a fan of Farscape this show could easily plug into that universe. Defiance was created by the producer(?) of Farscape. I caught myself thinking the main character should have been named "Crighton".

Neil
03-May-2013, 01:07 PM
Watched three episodes and not impressed so far. Episode three this week was very limp IMHO.

Staredge
03-May-2013, 04:53 PM
Still, I've wasted time on worse. Couple of hot alien chicks, so it's got that going for it. The third episode was kind of weak, I'll grant you that. I'll keep watching it for a while.