View Full Version : Afghanistan plane crash footage

Purge
01-May-2013, 04:24 AM
DElAugso470

:stunned:

Mr. Clean
01-May-2013, 06:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXJ_MfAnjgQ

It's all speculation but many are saying that the load shifted in the tail of the aircraft and causing the plane's center of gravity to change which led to a stall but I have to wonder if the pilot attempted to climb too fast which is what led to the stall. Being in a warzone, planes try to climb quickly to escape attacks from terrorists.

That place has a history of crashes..among other things.....I don't miss trashcanistan.

Neil
01-May-2013, 07:48 AM
Scary!

shootemindehead
01-May-2013, 07:55 AM
I reckon it's just bad piloting. In order to shift the weight of an aircraft that size, a sizable chunk of cargo would have to move and that's usually checked and double checked and triple checked before takeoff and during flight. More than likely, he (or she) just had the nose too high in the air. Aircraft that size are just not designed to flown like fighters.

I've been on planes where the pilot has rocketed into the air and it's a scary situation. Sometimes pilots just lose respect for the aircraft they're in.

Neil
01-May-2013, 08:16 AM
^^ It did appear to be going up at a very steep angle!

EvilNed
01-May-2013, 08:51 AM
Agreed, they should revoke his flying license

LouCipherr
01-May-2013, 02:32 PM
It's all speculation but many are saying that the load shifted in the tail of the aircraft and causing the plane's center of gravity to change which led to a stall but I have to wonder if the pilot attempted to climb too fast which is what led to the stall. Being in a warzone, planes try to climb quickly to escape attacks from terrorists.

That place has a history of crashes..among other things.....I don't miss trashcanistan.

Ok, first - "Trashcanistan" is f*cking hilarious! :lol:

As far as the plane is concerned... I'm leaning more towards the shifted cargo theory. The reason I say that is the videos I've seen, the plane is literally straight up in the air as soon as it's on camera in the first frame - and the plane doesn't look like it's that far off the ground. I don't know of a single pilot on this planet that would think that pulling a 747 cargo plane straight up in the air isn't going to cause a stall and slam right back down into the ground. I get that these guys want to get up in the sky and as far away from everything as quickly as they can, but what pilot in his right mind would pull a 747 straight up into the air immediately after takeoff?

It's a weird one for sure. Not quite sure what to think yet...

And yes, cargo is checked, double-checked, and sometimes triple-checked before takeoff - but that being said, "cargo shift" crashes have happened in the past, so...

they should revoke his flying license

I think the pilot already did that himself.. :shifty:

***edited to add: the routing of the plane seems very odd - it went from South Korea, then Japan, Anchorage, Utah, France and Afghanistan. It’s a military cargo plane (on lease no less) but... what were they shipping?

bassman
01-May-2013, 04:04 PM
I think the guy in the video summed it all up in two words: "Oh f*ck".

Mr. Clean
01-May-2013, 04:15 PM
***edited to add: the routing of the plane seems very odd - it went from South Korea, then Japan, Anchorage, Utah, France and Afghanistan. It’s a military cargo plane (on lease no less) but... what were they shipping?

I do believe your missing a few stops that are secret squirrel locations and that information is Class D Fide. :p

Cargo could have been these...There are hundreds if not thousands of these things over there....could have been part of the withdraw deal going on or something...who knows.

https://www.saic.com/natsec/mrap/images/mrap3.jpg

LouCipherr
01-May-2013, 05:37 PM
I do believe your missing a few stops that are secret squirrel locations and that information is Class D Fide. :p

:lol:

Cargo could have been these...There are hundreds if not thousands of these things over there....could have been part of the withdraw deal going on or something...who knows

Yeah, who knows.. Just seems like a weird flight plan. It will be interesting to hear how this gets reported in a few days or weeks (or whatever) after the investigation. Being a plane nut, I'm very curious to hear how this is explained.

AcesandEights
01-May-2013, 06:12 PM
the routing of the plane seems very odd - it went from South Korea, then Japan, Anchorage, Utah, France and Afghanistan. It’s a military cargo plane (on lease no less) but... what were they shipping?

Cargo could have been these...There are hundreds if not thousands of these things over there....

There you have it. Clearly we keep all of our off the books cheese in 'black' cheese cupboards in France. http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/DougOBrien/french_cig_zps8d98eefb.gif (http://s20.photobucket.com/user/DougOBrien/media/french_cig_zps8d98eefb.gif.html) http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/DougOBrien/smiley_bagette_zpsf7b42b63.gif (http://s20.photobucket.com/user/DougOBrien/media/smiley_bagette_zpsf7b42b63.gif.html)

bassman
01-May-2013, 07:45 PM
Maybe I missed it, but does anyone know who it was that captured the footage? From the few things he says, he kinda sounded American so I thought maybe the footage was from a military vehicle, but then I hear that he has a dog with him.

Staredge
01-May-2013, 07:49 PM
Dashboard camera, much like the Russian meteor.

First thought I had when I saw it was cargo shift. You can check things 8 ways to Sunday, but sometimes shit happens. Looks like he's trying to drop the nose, but it just isn't going. Hammerhead stall suggests that he couldn't get the nose to drop, which just screams load shift.

bassman
01-May-2013, 08:01 PM
Dashboard camera, much like the Russian meteor.

Yeah, I know it's a dashboard camera. What I mean is why was this (American?) guy there, with his dog, then got closer to the accident? I have no service experience, so I don't know the procedures, I just thought it was strange that he seems to be alone with a dash cam and a dog....

Neil
01-May-2013, 09:28 PM
Looks like a military vehicle?

AcesandEights
01-May-2013, 10:33 PM
Military police with a K9, perhaps? Would explain their presence at the facility, the dog and the cam.

shootemindehead
02-May-2013, 11:10 AM
As far as the plane is concerned... I'm leaning more towards the shifted cargo theory. The reason I say that is the videos I've seen, the plane is literally straight up in the air as soon as it's on camera in the first frame - and the plane doesn't look like it's that far off the ground. I don't know of a single pilot on this planet that would think that pulling a 747 cargo plane straight up in the air isn't going to cause a stall and slam right back down into the ground. I get that these guys want to get up in the sky and as far away from everything as quickly as they can, but what pilot in his right mind would pull a 747 straight up into the air immediately after takeoff?

It's a weird one for sure. Not quite sure what to think yet...

And yes, cargo is checked, double-checked, and sometimes triple-checked before takeoff - but that being said, "cargo shift" crashes have happened in the past, so...

It's certainly possible and it would depend on the cargo. Perhaps is was amour? Who knows.

However, if it was just goods, it would have to be a substantial amount of cargo shifting to knock the weight off of an aircraft like that.

LouCipherr
02-May-2013, 01:16 PM
It's certainly possible and it would depend on the cargo. Perhaps is was amour? Who knows.

However, if it was just goods, it would have to be a substantial amount of cargo shifting to knock the weight off of an aircraft like that.

If it was military vehicles like Mr. Clean was talking about, I would suspect it wouldn't take very many to throw the plane off course, considering the weight of the vehicles.

Then again, this is a US military cargo plane we're talking about. It could've been filled with poppies, gold and cocaine for all we know.. :lol: