PDA

View Full Version : Three women missing about a decade, found alive

Neil
07-May-2013, 08:27 AM
Cleveland police have confirmed that three women who disappeared over the past decade or so were found safe in a house on Seymour Avenue Monday afternoon, CBS affiliate WOIO reported.

All three women, Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michele Knight, seem to be in good health, the station said.

According to police a woman claiming to be Amanda Berry called 911 Monday. She said she was kidnapped 10 years ago and said she is currently at a home at 2210 Seymour. She also told the dispatcher that Gina DeJesus was with her. A third missing woman, 32-year old Michelle Knight, was also at the location with Berry and DeJesus. It's believed Knight disappeared in 2000.

I believe three brothers owned the house, so looks like they kidnapped themselves three women :eek:

I was only reading about the Fritzl case (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritzl_case) last Friday too!

Neil
09-May-2013, 09:08 AM
Brothers not involved! So they didn't go to his house in ten years?

Ariel Castro, 52, has been charged with kidnap and rape.

The women were abducted at different times and held in a house in a suburban street for about a decade. One woman escaped on Monday and raised the alarm.

The police detained two of Mr Castro's brothers, but later said they appeared to have no involvement in the crime.

Ariel Castro owned the house from which Amanda Berry, 27, Gina DeJesus, 23, and Michelle Knight, 32, were rescued.

Police said the women could only remember being outside twice during their time in captivity, and were then only allowed into the garage.

Deputy police chief Ed Tomba said the women were not held in one room "but they did know each other and they did know each other was there".

EDIT:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22446157

Ariel Castro's son, Anthony - who says he visited the house just two weeks ago - told MailOnline that the doors to the basement, the attic and the garage were always padlocked and family members were not allowed to go there.

Mr. Clean
09-May-2013, 03:06 PM
Brothers not involved!

I'm not so sure of this....they are currently in jail for "other" criminal offenses plus one was supposably in a local fox interview about a group looking for Amanda Berry in abandoned lots and he makes the statement "This is a waste of money!"

Neil
09-May-2013, 05:43 PM
Didn't I hear Ariel Castro knew the family of one of the girls, and even turned up to help look for her when she went missing? Anyone else hear that?

MoonSylver
09-May-2013, 09:44 PM
Didn't I hear Ariel Castro knew the family of one of the girls, and even turned up to help look for her when she went missing? Anyone else hear that?

He did indeed. Helped them print/distribute flyers, attended one of the candlelight vigils, played music at one of the benift concerts to raise money, & joined the search party & helped "look" for her. Spoke with her mother/family & everything, all of this while all the time knowing exactly where she was & what he was doing to her.

Sick f*cker whom no amount of punishment will ever be "just" enough. Makes me wish there was a Hell, because sick pieces of shit like this would be the ones who deserve it.

And the first person who tried to moralize to me can kiss my ass. Just sayin'.

wayzim
10-May-2013, 04:11 PM
He did indeed. Helped them print/distribute flyers, attended one of the candlelight vigils, played music at one of the benift concerts to raise money, & joined the search party & helped "look" for her. Spoke with her mother/family & everything, all of this while all the time knowing exactly where she was & what he was doing to her.

Sick f*cker whom no amount of punishment will ever be "just" enough. Makes me wish there was a Hell, because sick pieces of shit like this would be the ones who deserve it.

And the first person who tried to moralize to me can kiss my ass. Just sayin'.

Right there with you, Moon. And the dude had the nerve to tell everyone he's a 'Sex ' Addict who needs treatment.
Uh, no - you're a twisted Mofo who needs to be X-ed out. Ten years ... even if he'd kept them just a few months ... no friggin way should this guy be allowed to skate or plead insanity.

Wayne Z

MoonSylver
10-May-2013, 06:45 PM
State DA talking death penelty for the murder of 4 unborn kids :thumbsup: He got (at least) one of them pregnant on 4 seperate occasions & then punched her in the stomach repeatedly until she miscarried. :mad:

Shame we have the needle now instead of the chair, but I'll take it! :)