PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who final episode of season 7.... leaked?

Cykotic
13-May-2013, 03:03 PM
So, apparently, the final episode of this season of Doctor Who has not only been leaked online a week early, but also has been released on DVD early.... Oh god, the spoilers!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22508502

MinionZombie
13-May-2013, 05:58 PM
I've gone really cold on Doctor Who now ... it's been on a serious slide ever since Moffat took over. There's been good episodes here and there, but the overall tone and direction of the show isn't appealing anymore. I was 'times-thirtying' through the TV Baftas last night and there was a montage of Doctor Who, and even from just those clips, the classic Who looked instantly scarier ... even now it looks creepy-as-all-get-out ... now it's just gone and got shoved up its own arse with forced drama, piss-poor writing ('Nightmare in Silver' - on just this past weekend - was horrendous ... I wanted to punt those wretched little snot-rag kids off the nearest skyscraper within seconds of their appearance), and a really bizarre tone that simultaneously talks down to its audience, treats them like idiots, and expects them to care for the dodgily-paced series-long plots.

Bit of a rant, I know ... if they stopped making Doctor Who, I wouldn't be at all fussed ... I reckon I'll call it quits after the 50th Anniversary (I've got that irksome 'completionist' sense of duty to shows that I watch, lol ... the very reason I watched all of the utterly dreadful Nip/Tuck right to the end). It seriously needs to be put away for a good while again, and then brought back with entirely new blood behind the scenes.

Since it was brought back several years ago, I've enjoyed it quite a lot for the most part - even though some of the writing/episodes left something/a lot to be desired at times (such as taking the time to stop and have a chat about feelings and such when you're in a spaceship crashing into the sun and you've only got 42 minutes to save yourself! :rolleyes:) - and I thoroughly enjoyed Tennant's time as the Doctor. Ecclestone was good to revive it and give it a proper kick up the arse, and Smith is good when he's got the right material and direction, but that's quite rare (especially in this recent series), and what's more I think he's a bit young - Capn has said it before, I believe, and I'd agree: they should make the Doctor older again. He doesn't have to be some decrepid old fossil, but Smith is definitely too young (he's only 30) in my view. I'd prefer the Doctor to be at least 40 ... kinda like a young father/older step brother (depending on the age of each respective viewer).

Yeah ... suffice to say, I've pretty much gone off the show ... to each their own though, and if you really dig it then fine and dandy by me and more power to you ... but yeah, I've become quite disappointed by it in the last couple of years.

Cykotic
14-May-2013, 01:07 AM
I grew up with this show and i keep saying "Just one more series" over and over again and I keep praying that it will get better. I so want it to get better and I pray to the goddess that this happens with the 50th and after.

I still remember each of my favorites from the 50 years.

1st Doctor = The Dalek Invasion of Earth
2nd Doctor = The Invasion
3rd Doctor = Planet of the Daleks
4th Doctor = Robot
5th Doctor = The Five Doctors
6th Doctor = Revelation of the Daleks
7th Doctor = Battlefield
8th Doctor = Well, there was only one wasn't there!
9th = World War Three
10th = The End of Time
11th Doctor = Yet to be discovered

Danny
14-May-2013, 02:36 AM
horseshit.

it 'leaks' but its not actually spoiled online? im calling pr bollocks.

whos ratings have gone down the toilet this season and "the beeb" is desperate to bring back the viewers that dropped it and this is an obvious attempt to generate free word of mouth advertising.

We live in a digital age now, saying something leaked without having torrents show up in the next 24 hours? yeah im calling bullshit on this one.

Cykotic
14-May-2013, 11:34 AM
There are torrents, but people have been uploading a lot of fakes...

Morto Vivente
14-May-2013, 01:47 PM
I'll always be a fan of the character and the reboot of the show was going well for a few
years, but IMO it's never really came close to the strong periods of the classic series, in particular the Philip Hinchcliffe and Robert Holmes years. During those years of production I think everything just came together on many occasions: the writing, the set design, Tom Baker, Elizabeth Sladen and sometimes a great supporting cast. Even with zero budget and the scripts often being inspired by, or even just ripping off horror classics there were quite a few gems.

Let's hope that when they bring the show back again they can recapture some of the magic.

My personal favourites:

Pyramids of Mars
Genesis of the Daleks
Seeds of Doom
The Talons of Weng -Chiang (even with the giant rat)

:lol::lol:

Cykotic
14-May-2013, 02:11 PM
Pyramids of Mars... ahh yes. The mysterious Hand of The Throne of Sutekh!

Morto Vivente
14-May-2013, 02:21 PM
Pyramids of Mars... ahh yes. The mysterious Hand of The Throne of Sutekh!

" You pit your puny will against mine? Kneel !

Kneel before the might of Sutekh! " :lol: