PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead......the movie

facestabber
14-May-2013, 10:36 PM
I do not have the link to the interview. But the actor that plays Tyrese agreed with the interviewer and believes it would be a great idea for a TWD movie. My initial thought was hell no. But maybe an alternate story with a completely different cast set in TWD universe might be ok. Thoughts please.

JonOfTheShred
15-May-2013, 03:37 PM
I'd go see Frank Darabonts "Black Hawk Down with zombies" in theaters a half dozen times.

Moon Knight
16-May-2013, 02:27 AM
I'd go see Frank Darabonts "Black Hawk Down with zombies" in theaters a half dozen times.

Yes, please.

facestabber
16-May-2013, 11:41 AM
Dang two replies. Haha. Well I never have much luck when I start threads. But boy would a movie with Frank at the helm get me excited. I'd settle for him to open season 4 with another 1.5 hour epic story.

Neil
16-May-2013, 11:57 AM
Would be interesting seeing a nice 150 minute dedicated film!

bassman
16-May-2013, 12:33 PM
I'd see it of course, but I really have no interest in a movie. The whole idea of TWD was the never ending zombie film and that's why Kirkman agreed with Darabont to do a show. He'd turned down dozens of offers for movies in the years prior. TWD needs to stay as the constant story.

shootemindehead
16-May-2013, 12:42 PM
Yeh, What bassman said.

AcesandEights
16-May-2013, 01:37 PM
I also agree with Bassman. Leave it as a long running, continuous, arduous story.

That said, if the lure of cash proves too strong, I'd hope they'd bring a good product, not using the existing cast or main characters. Hell, make a version based on the videogame, which in some cases had better writing than the TV show.

bassman
16-May-2013, 02:48 PM
Just judging from popularity with the fans, I'd wager they'll make a movie with Daryl Dixon. I like the character, but in a lot of ways it bothers me how he's seemed to outshine Rick and Carl in the eyes of most fans...

AcesandEights
16-May-2013, 03:26 PM
Just judging from popularity with the fans, I'd wager they'll make a movie with Daryl Dixon. I like the character, but in a lot of ways it bothers me how he's seemed to outshine Rick and Carl in the eyes of most fans...

It bothers me how action-movie unrealistic his exploits and affectations are :(

bassman
16-May-2013, 04:02 PM
It bothers me how action-movie unrealistic his exploits and affectations are :(

I actually think his character arc so far has been great. He's gone from the rude redneck in Season One, to the lovable and valuable member of the group in Season Three. I think he's a great character, actually. I'm just saying that he's so popular that if they make a movie, he'll be in it. I mean...they've already made a game and he's the focus....

facestabber
16-May-2013, 05:39 PM
I have really enjoyed Daryl Dixon character arc. No doubt his popularity has soared and I have no problem with that. He should be ahead of Carl but not Rick. As much as I want Daryl's story to continue Rick is the main drive that is TWD. A movie about Daryl would be a bad choice IMO. If it was a prequel we would get full on redneck Daryl and that isn't gonna work. I suppose if be rides off into the sunset from the TV version to allow a movie role....even that would be suspect. I just hope if it is done they pick up a different cast and story.

rongravy
17-May-2013, 12:57 AM
How about a movie of short stories, like Creepshow?
A bit about Merle's path to Woodbury, maybe one on the demise of the Vatos, or what happened with the Mexican family that split early on. Different thangs...

Neil
17-May-2013, 08:06 AM
^ Hey that's not a bad idea! In effect like a group of the webisodes, maybe with a thread tying some of them togethor?

Morto Vivente
17-May-2013, 01:32 PM
I'd love to see those loose ends tied up. "Was it Merle that took the truck out of Atlanta or someone we haven't seen yet" ?

Vatos Defense Programme.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/998049/thumbs/o-LEE-AND-THELMA-LAZERNICK-IN-PIZZA-GUN-DISCOUNT-570.jpg?6

AcesandEights
17-May-2013, 01:47 PM
I'd love to see those lose ends tied up.

I'd also rather see them tied up in an unrelated set of media (film, webisode, etc.), rather than have them added back in to the narrative churn of the TV show.

Morto Vivente
17-May-2013, 02:03 PM
I'd also rather see them tied up in an unrelated set of media (film, webisode, etc.), rather than have them added back in to the narrative churn of the TV show.

Absolutely... It could make good use of the webisode format i.e. succinct and direct.

MagicMoonMonkey
24-May-2013, 08:34 PM

I'm all over that. The actor who played the soldier in the tank got quite detailed in an interview regarding his proposed story.
Maybe we'll get made for TV movies like those made for Battlestar Galactica.

Ragnarr
31-May-2013, 06:02 PM
I agree that a TWD movie should follow a different thread. The whole point of any film is that it is depicting the most important event to happen to the movie's main characters, otherwise why show a movie about them. The characters in the television series are respectably following their own most important event that still has to play out to its conclusion.

The TWD webisodes offer some fairly compelling character plots, so that would be the way to go imo. Maybe a brief cameo appearance in the film by the television characters just to tie the productions together.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm all over that. The actor who played the soldier in the tank got quite detailed in an interview regarding his proposed story.
Maybe we'll get made for TV movies like those made for Battlestar Galactica.

I'd go see any movie that tagged on "with zombies" lol. "STAR WARS" (...with zombies), "My Fair Lady" (...with zombies), "Fast and Furious" (...with running zombies), etc.