PDA

View Full Version : Captain Philips [film] - Tom Hanks

Neil
15-May-2013, 12:12 PM
Based on a true story...

_3ASoBrFGlc

MinionZombie
15-May-2013, 04:33 PM
The trailer looks good - I'd be interested in seeing this flick - plus Tom Hanks is pretty much always worth watching. Looks like some of it could be quite tense too.

Neil
01-Oct-2013, 11:36 AM
Extended trailer... Meaning I won't watch it. Trailers these days seem hell bent on giving most of the film away :(

JvvcNZ5hZLM

MinionZombie
01-Oct-2013, 11:52 AM
I saw a trailer for it a while ago and was well up for it on that - so I think I'll avoid any more trailers too, because as you say, there's too damn much in trailers these days and it makes no real sense. Just cramming everything in whether they need to or not - they could have sold Prometheus on a handful of shots, but they insisted on show practically every major moment from the film in the trailer (albeit in a form that didn't always make sense, so you weren't sure how the pieces fit together, but still - in that example - too many trailers, too much footage) ... it's a common trend these days, and the same goes for 'preview scenes' getting flung about on YouTube willynilly.

Videogames get the same treatment in a way, but that's slightly different as it's often showing gameplay, but with titles like Assassin's Creed 4 it's a never-ending glut of trailers (many of them showing the same thing over and over again) set so far out in advance of the release that it just seems silly ... but in the world of YouTube it's very cheap to do. Fling out some EPK discs to IGN, Machinima et al and they'll upload it to their channels and talk about it - so you get free press.

Neil
11-Oct-2013, 12:46 PM
+ve review from AICN - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/64581

I remember gripping my seat, even though I knew what was going to happen. It's because of the emotion, the empathy that Greengrass injects into each moment, that caused me to be so invested. When the emotion comes - and boy, it comes in a tidal wave - I cried tears, not only for the survivors, but for the lost, for the situation, for the way the world is cruel, and for the unstoppable nature of history.

Neil
15-Oct-2013, 08:26 AM
Seems the crew aren't happy:-
YYEM6NnUmeU