PDA

View Full Version : Timecop (film) reboot

Neil
23-May-2013, 11:34 AM
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Timecop-Being-Rebooted-Jean-Claude-Van-Damme-37707.html

Universal Pictures now has plans to reboot the franchise - without Van Damme's involvement. In the original, which was directed by Peter Hyams and based on the series from Dark Horse Comics, the martial artist starred as a police officer who regulates time travel in the future. A conflict arises when the officer discovers that a politician, played by Ron Silver, is using time travel to further his career. Reading the trade report it doesn't appear that anybody is involved yet on the creative side, but it does mention that the story will be "a re-imagining of the concept" and that they are currently looking for writers. Marc Shmuger (The Spectacular Now) and Tom McNulty (Date Night) are serving as producers.

EvilNed
23-May-2013, 01:46 PM
Wasn't there only one film?

Wouldn't that just be a remake, not a reboot?

Neil
23-May-2013, 02:52 PM
There was another film (direct to DVD) and a TV series...

krisvds
23-May-2013, 05:08 PM
Van Damme... Sigh.
On behalf of the people of Belgium i would like to apologise for what we had to offer the world of cinema.

Luckily we also have the Dardenne bros. And Fabrice Du Welz.

Neil
23-May-2013, 05:14 PM
I have a lot of time for him!

AcesandEights
23-May-2013, 07:08 PM
On behalf of the people of Belgium i would like to apologise for what we had to offer the world of cinema.

Depressing. As a joke I figured I'd try and find anything to dislike about Belgium to complain to you about, having only been there as a stop off 7-8 years ago I couldn't come up with anything and everything seemed pleasant when I was there. Did a quick search on google and came across '8 reasons why God Hates Belgium' on the Westboro Baptists site :mad:

Trancelikestate
23-May-2013, 08:45 PM
The first 90 seconds of timecop are bad ass. When the lone cowboy pulls the mp5's and cuts that cavalry down. After that it's horrible haha.

krisvds
25-May-2013, 05:27 AM
Depressing. As a joke I figured I'd try and find anything to dislike about Belgium to complain to you about, having only been there as a stop off 7-8 years ago I couldn't come up with anything and everything seemed pleasant when I was there. Did a quick search on google and came across '8 reasons why God Hates Belgium' on the Westboro Baptists site :mad:

Lol! And here I was thinking us Belgians were the laughing stock of pretty much the rest of the civilised word. Met a guy in a pub in Oxford once while there, he knew a LOT of 'Belgian' jokes. I got so drunk that night I forgot how they went though ...