PDA

View Full Version : New book on Day of the Dead

capncnut
23-May-2013, 12:27 PM
Our very own Lee Karr has just finished his book on the making of George A. Romero's Day of the Dead and is currently seeking publication. He is interviewed in the latest podcast from the East Coast Horror Group, if anyone is interested. :)

Link: http://eastcoasthorrorgroup.com/echgfdtc-radio-meets-lee-karr/

EDIT:-

Now available on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/The-Making-George-Romeros-Dead/dp/0859655180/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384104331&sr=8-1&keywords=making+of+george+romero%27s+day+of+the+de ad

Neil
23-May-2013, 01:27 PM
Very interested!

NOTE: I had to go to this page to hear the interview - http://eastcoasthorrorgroup.com/category/interviews/

shootemindehead
23-May-2013, 01:41 PM
Interesting comments about Co-Producer David Ball!

I hope Lee can get the book published. I'd be on for getting a copy.

Neil
23-May-2013, 03:11 PM
Interesting how Day used to be the runt of the litter, but now seems rather popular :)

shootemindehead
23-May-2013, 04:29 PM
I've never understood why that was. To me, it was always the clear front runner of the series, in fact the whole flippin genre.

krisvds
23-May-2013, 05:01 PM
Cool. Want one!
And yeah, to me Day is the best zombie film ever made. In fact it is one of the best horror films ever if you ask me. It's the one that has aged the most graciously of all three original GAR offerings.

MinionZombie
23-May-2013, 05:24 PM
I'll give this a listen.

Day of the Dead was the first GAR zed flick (and first GAR flick generally) that I ever saw back when I was a teenager and I loved it immediately. I was really balled over by it too - the gore and the language was unlike anything I'd seen and heard before. Plus it's got a superb soundtrack, great actors, loads of memorable lines, cracking effects etc etc etc - it's just a brilliant movie and was the last best thing in zombies until The Walking Dead showed up.

I'd agree with Kris that it's the one that's aged best from the original trilogy - even though I prefer Dawn to Day, but Day is always a gritty classic sat reliably on Dawn's shoulder to me - two different moods and styles, and they both compliment one another. It's in my All-Time Top 50.

Hopefully the book will come to UK shores too. :cool:

thxleo
23-May-2013, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the support and interest in the book. Like Brett said I'm looking into getting it published so nothing to report yet on that end. As soon as I do, I'll get the word out. It's crammed with rare interviews and I've had lots of rare photos donated from crew members and extras as well. It's been a passion project for over three years now, so I can't wait for fans to get an opportunity to read it and let me know their thoughts.

Thanks again.

triste realtà
24-May-2013, 01:55 AM
If someone has Jim O'rear sign this book at a convention, will it bring on a zombie apocalypse?

Neil
24-May-2013, 08:24 AM
If someone has Jim O'rear sign this book at a convention, will it bring on a zombie apocalypse?

Lee Karr's book signed by Jim O'Rear? Wouldn't that be like matter and anti-matter colliding? OMG!

It would be brilliant to present the book to Jim O'Rear to sign just to see his reaction :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the support and interest in the book. Like Brett said I'm looking into getting it published so nothing to report yet on that end. As soon as I do, I'll get the word out. It's crammed with rare interviews and I've had lots of rare photos donated from crew members and extras as well. It's been a passion project for over three years now, so I can't wait for fans to get an opportunity to read it and let me know their thoughts.

Thanks again.

Lee, is there anything about the score (John Harrison) in it? IMHO the music for Day of the Dead is astounding!

thxleo
24-May-2013, 04:38 PM
Lee, is there anything about the score (John Harrison) in it? IMHO the music for Day of the Dead is astounding!

Neil, yes there is. I talk with Harrison about producing the score and soundtrack in the chapter on post production.

MinionZombie
24-May-2013, 04:50 PM
Well it certainly sounds like it'd be a good read - I imagine there must be a million factoids and behind-the-scenes details/stories surrounding this flick that we fans would enjoy devouring. Do keep us updated (I'm sure you would anyway) - all the best with getting it published! :thumbsup:

Mr.G
24-May-2013, 04:54 PM
Best of luck on the publishing side. I'll be adding it to my collection when it's official!

thxleo
24-May-2013, 05:09 PM
Well it certainly sounds like it'd be a good read - I imagine there must be a million factoids and behind-the-scenes details/stories surrounding this flick that we fans would enjoy devouring. Do keep us updated (I'm sure you would anyway) - all the best with getting it published! :thumbsup:

Thanks, MZ!

- - - Updated - - -

Best of luck on the publishing side. I'll be adding it to my collection when it's official!

Thanks, Mr.G!

thxleo
10-Nov-2013, 04:27 PM
The book is now officially available for pre-order on Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Making-George-Romeros-Dead/dp/0859655180/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384104331&sr=8-1&keywords=making+of+george+romero%27s+day+of+the+de ad

MinionZombie
10-Nov-2013, 05:12 PM
The book is now officially available for pre-order on Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Making-George-Romeros-Dead/dp/0859655180/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384104331&sr=8-1&keywords=making+of+george+romero%27s+day+of+the+de ad

And Amazon.co.uk (out on the same *ahem* day, too). :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Making-George-Romeros-Dead/dp/0859655180/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1384107049&sr=8-12&keywords=the+making+of+day+of+the+dead

:cool:

Neil
10-Nov-2013, 05:21 PM
*virtual high-five*

Any cover art available yet?

thxleo
10-Nov-2013, 08:29 PM
*virtual high-five*

Any cover art available yet?

Neil,
Chris Stavrakis is designing the cover for me, so it will be finished very soon!
Lee

EvilNed
11-Nov-2013, 09:59 PM
Cant wait for Jim O'Rear to sign my copy!

capncnut
03-Jul-2014, 02:28 PM
It's been pushed back until August 19th: http://www.amazon.com/The-Making-George-Romeros-Dead/dp/0859655180

Have been privileged to see some of the unpublished photos in this book, and all I can say is that you dead-heads are in for a real treat. ;)

MinionZombie
03-Jul-2014, 06:20 PM
I've had my copy pre-ordered for a while now and I eagerly await its arrival through my letter box. Really looking forward to reading it. :cool::thumbsup::)

thxleo
04-Jul-2014, 06:33 PM
Thanks so much to guys like Brett, Neil, and MinionZombie for the support. Here's what the cover looks like that Christian Stavrakis designed...

Neil
05-Jul-2014, 11:06 AM
^^ Nice!

MinionZombie
05-Jul-2014, 11:21 AM
I dig the cover. All these behind the scenes photos are going to be a real treat to have a look at. :)

Neil
07-Jul-2014, 01:01 PM
Ordered ;)

thxleo
07-Jul-2014, 04:19 PM
Ordered ;)

Thank you, Neil. :)

Skold
08-Jul-2014, 03:14 PM
This looks great, Lee - i'll be ordering it shortly.

i love that Greg Nicotero did the forward! i remember seeing a "Masters of Horror" or something (about 20 years ago) where he and Savini talk about the prop of his head and how he brought it home one day and scared his mom with it. If i remember correctly, this was the movie that got him into special effects.

Can't wait to read this.

thxleo
08-Jul-2014, 04:09 PM
This looks great, Lee - i'll be ordering it shortly.

i love that Greg Nicotero did the forward! i remember seeing a "Masters of Horror" or something (about 20 years ago) where he and Savini talk about the prop of his head and how he brought it home one day and scared his mom with it. If i remember correctly, this was the movie that got him into special effects.

Can't wait to read this.

Thanks, Skold. I really appreciate your support!

And yes DAY was Greg's first film. He actually had the chance to work on Creepshow, but turned it down. When DAY came around he jumped at the opportunity. It was quite an honor to have Greg agree to write the foreword for me. He wrote it during the early part of prep/filming for season 4 of TWD. He agreed to do the foreword in 2010 and 3 years later kept his word. He was an incredible help to me with the book, providing a ton of research material that he kept from the filming like memos, zombie sign in sheets, and some personal notes he made as well.

Skold
10-Jul-2014, 03:01 AM
No problem, man - it is the least i can do for everything that you've brought to this forum for the last 10+ years that i've been here. Plus i love these books about the trilogy, so knowing the sensibilities of the author of this one makes it a must-buy for me.

Quick question:

And yes DAY was Greg's first film. He actually had the chance to work on Creepshow, but turned it down. When DAY came around he jumped at the opportunity.

i was always under the impression that Greg joined Day as an actor, but hung out with Savini so much on set that he decided to go into effects. Your quote above suggests that he was hired for effects/stunts (this circle did both, it seems), so which was it? Was he like a junior Taso on Day? If this is revealed in the book, then no need to answer here! :p

thxleo
10-Jul-2014, 04:23 AM
No problem, man - it is the least i can do for everything that you've brought to this forum for the last 10+ years that i've been here. Plus i love these books about the trilogy, so knowing the sensibilities of the author of this one makes it a must-buy for me.

Quick question:

i was always under the impression that Greg joined Day as an actor, but hung out with Savini so much on set that he decided to go into effects. Your quote above suggests that he was hired for effects/stunts (this circle did both, it seems), so which was it? Was he like a junior Taso on Day? If this is revealed in the book, then no need to answer here! :p

Well, first off thank you for saying that. I truly appreciate hearing it and I'm really happy that you enjoyed the work I've done here over the years. :)

As for Greg, he was hired to be Savini's assistant on the film. He was originally going to be a very minor character in the original script whose head was chopped off(that's why they cast his head to start with). But when the script changed it expanded his role, so to speak. But I cover this a little more in depth in the book!

Neil
10-Jul-2014, 10:04 AM
But I cover this a little more in depth in the book!
Ooooh you big tease :)

thxleo
11-Jul-2014, 03:57 PM
I just spoke with the publisher and apparently the book will also be available as an ebook for Ipad, Kindle, and the Kindle app too.

Neil
11-Jul-2014, 04:01 PM
^^ How will the pictures work on a Kindle etc?

MinionZombie
11-Jul-2014, 04:47 PM

That'll be best suited to the fancier Kindles (like the Kindle Fire, or similar devices/tablets/etc), otherwise on older versions they'd be in black and white I'd have thought?

thxleo
11-Jul-2014, 04:55 PM

That's a good question and I have no idea, to be honest. The publisher told me that this will be the first ones they've done. Her exact quote was that in the past they looked "ghastly" as ebooks, but with newer technology they look better now. I guess we'll see.

Kaos
11-Jul-2014, 05:03 PM
Pre-ordered.

kidgloves
12-Jul-2014, 06:04 PM
Ordered as well.
Good stuff Lee. Hope it does well for you mate.

thxleo
13-Jul-2014, 04:53 AM
Thanks, guys. I appreciate the support a great deal.

Mike70
19-Jul-2014, 02:58 AM
Thanks, guys. I appreciate the support a great deal.

I'm in too. Looks to be an interesting read.

Btw- how have you been, Lee?

thxleo
19-Jul-2014, 04:39 AM
I'm in too. Looks to be an interesting read.

Btw- how have you been, Lee?

Thank you, Mike. I'm doing good(as far as I know that is). I've been spending the last 4+ years shepherding this book to publication. I've learned quite a bit about what it takes to actually create a book and how difficult it can be at times. It's been quite an education.

How about you?

Neil
01-Aug-2014, 10:06 AM
Hey... I should be getting a certain book delivered this month... Hmmm... What could it be? :)

thxleo
03-Aug-2014, 01:14 PM
Hey... I should be getting a certain book delivered this month... Hmmm... What could it be? :)

Your copy of "50 shades of grey"? :p

Neil
03-Aug-2014, 01:25 PM
Your copy of "50 shades of grey"? :p
Only so I can give you yours back of course. TBH, I didn't like the rather odd state it was in when you sent it to me!

thxleo
03-Aug-2014, 04:42 PM
Only so I can give you yours back of course. TBH, I didn't like the rather odd state it was in when you sent it to me!

I apologize for that. I can get carried away. :D

Neil
09-Aug-2014, 07:42 AM
Email from Amazon:-

"Lee Karr The Making of George A. Romero's Day of the Dead (Making of the Film)"
Estimated arrival date: August 23 2014 - August 30 2014

Mike70
10-Aug-2014, 12:32 PM
Thank you, Mike. I'm doing good(as far as I know that is). I've been spending the last 4+ years shepherding this book to publication. I've learned quite a bit about what it takes to actually create a book and how difficult it can be at times. It's been quite an education.

How about you?
I've been fabulous, man. Spent 2 months plus living in Spain and wandering around europe. Picked up Spanish in the process and am getting out and meeting lots of new folks at Spanish language events etc. Basically just been enjoying life.

ProfessorChaos
15-Aug-2014, 01:59 PM
just ordered my copy last night! Really really looking forward to checking this out.

MinionZombie
16-Aug-2014, 10:03 AM
Just got an email saying my copy has been dispatched. :)

A bit earlier than I was expecting, which is curious. I'd better crank out the back half of the James Ellroy I'm currently reading so I can be ready for DOTD. :)

MinionZombie
19-Aug-2014, 01:17 PM
Just received my copy this morning before I had to go to a meeting. Just had a very quick look at it so far, but it looks great and I really looking forward to digging into it. Just got a couple of chapters left in "Because the Night" and then I'll head onto The Making of Day of the Dead. :cool:

kidgloves
22-Aug-2014, 06:17 PM
Mines only just dispatched.
Hopefully it's selling well already

- - - Updated - - -

Just received this and had a quick flick through it.
I've gotta say Lee, that's a superb effort brother.
Congrats :)

thxleo
22-Aug-2014, 06:38 PM
Mines only just dispatched.
Hopefully it's selling well already

- - - Updated - - -

Just received this and had a quick flick through it.
I've gotta say Lee, that's a superb effort brother.
Congrats :)

Thank you so much for the kind words! Let me know what you think after you have read the whole thing. Really excited to hear some feedback from fellow fans!

kidgloves
22-Aug-2014, 07:04 PM
Thank you so much for the kind words! Let me know what you think after you have read the whole thing. Really excited to hear some feedback from fellow fans!

No problem. Dawn is my movie but Day is definitely growing on me and it's about time to read the whole story.
Going to watch the Scream Factory release in a minute before I dive on in.
Thanks again.

Neil
22-Aug-2014, 07:13 PM
It always fascinates me the somewhat poor response to Day when it was released... When IMHO it was one of (if not the) most solid piece of work Romero produced. And it's definitely aged very well IMHO!

kidgloves
22-Aug-2014, 07:36 PM
It always fascinates me the somewhat poor response to Day when it was released... When IMHO it was one of (if not the) most solid piece of work Romero produced. And it's definitely aged very well IMHO!

I've said it many times before, but I was one of those expecting Dawn 2. I hadn't even seen Night when I saw Day of the Dead at the cinema.
Day was just too dark for me at the age of 16.

MinionZombie
23-Aug-2014, 10:19 AM
Day of the Dead was the first of the original trilogy that I saw (IIRC I was 14 at the time) and I absolutely loved it. It blew my mind - mainly from a language and gore/effects stand point - but quickly over the proceeding years I got more and more into the characters on a deeper level as well. Dawn still pips it for me, but my love for Day has definitely grown and grown with each passing year.

I agree with Neil - it's aged very well indeed. Night is very much of it's time, as is Dawn, but that's not a flaw but it is recognisable ... Day on the other hand doesn't really feel especially 80s. The fashion is quite utilitarian and timeless, the gore is still superb even by today's standard (although Nicotero & Co have taken zombie realism and effects to a whole different level since), and the politics of the film are more subtle and in some ways can be applied to any era that followed.

shootemindehead
23-Aug-2014, 04:35 PM
'Day of the Dead' is simply the best zombie film ever made and I'd count as the best horror film ever made too.

It trumps 'Dawn of the Dead' in every way possible, except running time. I would love for 'Day of the Dead' to have been a longer film. I'd gladly sit through a three hour cut.

'Dawn of the Dead' has aged terribly and looks positively awful in some places, whilst laughable in others. It's the "Hollywood western version" of a horror film. In terms of what the genre has to offer, it's sequel will beat it hands down every single time and nothing has come close since.

kidgloves
23-Aug-2014, 06:28 PM
'Day of the Dead' is simply the best zombie film ever made and I'd count as the best horror film ever made too.

It trumps 'Dawn of the Dead' in every way possible, except running time. I would love for 'Day of the Dead' to have been a longer film. I'd gladly sit through a three hour cut.

'Dawn of the Dead' has aged terribly and looks positively awful in some places, whilst laughable in others. It's the "Hollywood western version" of a horror film. In terms of what the genre has to offer, it's sequel will beat it hands down every single time and nothing has come close since.

Stop fishing �� shoot

ProfessorChaos
26-Aug-2014, 11:43 PM
so i received an email from amazon stating that my order was on hold. the delivery date has already passed, and they said they would notify me when my copy would ship....anybody else get a message like this? what would be the problem? shortage of printed copies?

thxleo
27-Aug-2014, 04:21 PM
so i received an email from amazon stating that my order was on hold. the delivery date has already passed, and they said they would notify me when my copy would ship....anybody else get a message like this? what would be the problem? shortage of printed copies?

The U.S. release date was moved back to September 23, but the book is out in the UK and parts of Europe because the publisher is located in the UK.

Mike70
27-Aug-2014, 07:53 PM

Hey, shootem! Got any cigarettes?
I wholeheartedly agree dawn has gotten awfully creaky as the years have gone by. I no longer really enjoy it as anything other than background noise.when im reading.

I went to anopen school and have trouble concentrating in total silence, so something is always on whether im reading or playing guitar etc.

ProfessorChaos
28-Aug-2014, 12:29 AM
The U.S. release date was moved back to September 23, but the book is out in the UK and parts of Europe because the publisher is located in the UK.

thanks for the info. i guess it will arrive just in time for my out-of-town trip for work, so i'll have something good to read while i'm away from home at least.

Neil
28-Aug-2014, 07:22 AM
The book is surprisingly big BTW. It's only like an inch short of being A4 size!

Neil
07-Sep-2014, 08:25 PM
MZ has done a nice review :) - http://www.homepageofthedead.com/baps/making_of_dotd.html

wayzim
07-Sep-2014, 10:56 PM
MZ has done a nice review :) - http://www.homepageofthedead.com/baps/making_of_dotd.html

Interestingly enough, I was recently inspired to revisit the original three ( all on VHS, of course ) from conversations we've been having - I'm just now wrapping up DOTD. It's still amazes me how each one is such a powerful piece of film-making even to this day. I mean, I'm a huge fan of all of them, but Day somehow just hit all the right notes for me. It's always been more about the story than the splatter(not that there's anything wrong with that.), and it's the smart conversations that made me want to write about the ghouls myself. It's what makes it a Romero film in the first place, right?
So, as I'm making some serious readjustments in my life these days, I probably won't be getting the book anytime soon, but great review all the same, MZ. :)

"This ain't no midnight fright flick or creature double feature, babe."
Deadfall: Foreshadow.

thxleo
08-Sep-2014, 01:22 AM

Thanks so much for reviewing the book! Reading Nick's review was a proud moment for me, truly. If fellow fans enjoy it that's all that matters to me. Thanks, Nick! And thanks, Neil!

MinionZombie
08-Sep-2014, 09:21 AM
Thanks so much for reviewing the book! Reading Nick's review was a proud moment for me, truly. If fellow fans enjoy it that's all that matters to me. Thanks, Nick! And thanks, Neil!

You're very welcome, Lee.

I had a really good time reading the book (which then inspired me to re-watch the movie again for the umpteenth time, as well as the recent making of documentary, and I've been listening to the soundtrack a lot lately too ... I adore the bit in "Breakdown" around about 0:58 when it all kicks off when Sarah's about to cauterise the wound) ... ... anyway, as others have said, you do get an 'inside' feel with the book. You kind of feel like a 'ghost crew member' being privy to all these behind the scenes stories. I already loved Day of the Dead, but the book made me love it even more. :)

thxleo
08-Sep-2014, 01:43 PM
You're very welcome, Lee.

I had a really good time reading the book (which then inspired me to re-watch the movie again for the umpteenth time, as well as the recent making of documentary, and I've been listening to the soundtrack a lot lately too ... I adore the bit in "Breakdown" around about 0:58 when it all kicks off when Sarah's about to cauterise the wound) ... ... anyway, as others have said, you do get an 'inside' feel with the book. You kind of feel like a 'ghost crew member' being privy to all these behind the scenes stories. I already loved Day of the Dead, but the book made me love it even more. :)

It's awesome to hear a compliment like that, Nick. You just made my day, brother! :)

paranoid101
12-Sep-2014, 02:18 PM
Your book's on Forbidden Plant now Lee

https://forbiddenplanet.com/127921-making-of-george-a-romeros-day-of-the-dead/?utm_source=Master+Forbidden+Planet+Newsletter&utm_campaign=e42d94e03a-20140912_forbidden-planet-books-news-minecraft-sta&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b6b45de61e-e42d94e03a-708512&mc_cid=e42d94e03a&mc_eid=0cc36533e0

thxleo
13-Sep-2014, 03:28 AM
Your book's on Forbidden Plant now Lee

https://forbiddenplanet.com/127921-making-of-george-a-romeros-day-of-the-dead/?utm_source=Master+Forbidden+Planet+Newsletter&utm_campaign=e42d94e03a-20140912_forbidden-planet-books-news-minecraft-sta&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b6b45de61e-e42d94e03a-708512&mc_cid=e42d94e03a&mc_eid=0cc36533e0

I saw that. But here's the one that blew my mind: it's available from Wal-Mart! How insane is this?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/29650961

stray
14-Sep-2014, 04:33 AM
Pre-ordered. Looking forward to this one. Thanks, Lee!

:D

-stray-

thxleo
15-Sep-2014, 01:25 AM
Pre-ordered. Looking forward to this one. Thanks, Lee!

-stray-

Thanks, Stray! :)

Morto Vivente
24-Sep-2014, 03:44 PM
Just ordered my copy today (next day delivery :)). Been looking forward to reading this for some time. Day of the Dead not only introduced me to the genre, but still remains my favourite z-flick nearly 30 years later. Thanks Lee, I'm sure by tomorrow evening I'll be like a "fresh-turn" delving into it's first stomach cavity.

ProfessorChaos
24-Sep-2014, 10:57 PM
my copy arrived today, and after a quick glance while flipping through the pages, i am rather impressed. i have a book i'm currently reading on vietnam, but as soon as i'm through with it, i'm going to be diving right in on this one!

thxleo
25-Sep-2014, 01:03 AM
Just ordered my copy today (next day delivery :)). Been looking forward to reading this for some time. Day of the Dead not only introduced me to the genre, but still remains my favourite z-flick nearly 30 years later. Thanks Lee, I'm sure by tomorrow evening I'll be like a "fresh-turn" delving into it's first stomach cavity.

Thanks so much. I hope you'll enjoy it!

- - - Updated - - -

my copy arrived today, and after a quick glance while flipping through the pages, i am rather impressed. i have a book i'm currently reading on vietnam, but as soon as i'm through with it, i'm going to be diving right in on this one!

Thanks, Professor. Let me know what you think when you're finished.

Neil
25-Sep-2014, 09:51 AM
I'll be kicking off a competition shortly with a copy up for grabs...

shootemindehead
25-Sep-2014, 10:31 AM
Mine's just landed on my desk.

Neil
26-Sep-2014, 12:26 PM
Lee, were you never tempted to leave it yet another 5-6+ months and release it in combination with the film's 30th anniversary?

stray
26-Sep-2014, 07:14 PM
My copy just arrived today! Unfortunately, I have to split for work but I'll definitely be tearing into this once I get home. This book is worth the price just for the photos it contains!

-stray-

Skold
27-Sep-2014, 12:38 AM
Got mine today - i LOVE it so far. The photos are unbelievable, and the info about Gornick and Ball is a great view behind the scenes. i'm pretty amazed by the Savini stuff also (i hope to read more about how Lee suffered his "wrath" later in the book). Great stuff.

Lee - one thing, though, if i may. Those chapter titles are awful. lol! :D

And the pic of Lori (you know the one) - worth the price of the book by itself!

edit: forgot to mention that i love the "trade paperback" format and size as well.

thxleo
27-Sep-2014, 04:48 AM
Got mine today - i LOVE it so far. The photos are unbelievable, and the info about Gornick and Ball is a great view behind the scenes. i'm pretty amazed by the Savini stuff also (i hope to read more about how Lee suffered his "wrath" later in the book). Great stuff.

Lee - one thing, though, if i may. Those chapter titles are awful. lol! :D

And the pic of Lori (you know the one) - worth the price of the book by itself!

edit: forgot to mention that i love the "trade paperback" format and size as well.

I'm glad you're digging the book so far. You don't like my chapter titles? I knew from the beginning I was going to work DAY into each one. LOL Seriously though, thanks for the kind words and I hope you'll enjoy the entire book!

- - - Updated - - -

Lee, were you never tempted to leave it yet another 5-6+ months and release it in combination with the film's 30th anniversary?

Neil, no, not really. After dealing with this thing for 4 years I was ready for it to come out! But the thought did cross my mind once in awhile. Don't forget it's the 30th anniversary of the filming though!

Neil
27-Sep-2014, 07:53 AM
Don't forget it's the 30th anniversary of the filming though!Good point :)

Neil
28-Sep-2014, 07:42 PM
I'll be kicking off a competition shortly with a copy up for grabs...

Competition up!