PDA

View Full Version : Vudu is offering In-Home Disc to Digital in the U.S. Night 90 disc owners take note:

Kaos
07-Jun-2013, 01:38 PM
Hey guys,

For awhile now you could take a purchased DVD to your local Walmart (you still keep the disc afterward) and pay $5 and you could then stream a high def version of the movie through Vudu (I stream through a Roku box, but other boxes carry Vudu as well). Now you can download software that allows you to do this entirely at home. If you do this for 10 flicks or more at once it is 50% off. I converted 10 dvd's last night.

I started using Vudu around the time of the dreadful Night 90 blu-ray release. I initially joined to take advantage of the ultraviolet features of the blu-rays I was buying. I had a number of credits from registering Vudu on a number of boxes so I picked up the high def version of Night 90 for free there and the video quality way superior to the blu-ray. It is free to join and there are no monthly fees. You get charged only for movies you purchase, rent, or convert. If you have a decent internet connection I would recommend giving it a try by converting your Night 90 dvd disc (if it is part of this program - I already own the Night 90 high def). The disc is unaltered and entirely usable afterward.

If you own a non-ultraviolet blu-ray of a movie that is in the program the cost to have a streaming high def version is $2. Since they give you a $2 credit for your first disc, you may be able to use your current Night 90 blu-ray to get the superior streaming version for free. If you try this, let us know if you succeed.

You can get info about the program here: http://www.vudu.com/in_home_disc_to_digital.html

K