PDA

View Full Version : E3 2013

Danny
10-Jun-2013, 09:34 AM
Well todays the day. Time to get ready for surprises and letdowns in hopefully equal measure.

Any predictions for today?

-also first leak, a guy snuck into the building as stuffs being set up and snapped some pictures of what looks like a new zombie game of some sort i know will probably have interest for most of us.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/u5ZJLyOh_zps81c1b49f.jpg (http://s3.photobucket.com/user/khazrak/media/u5ZJLyOh_zps81c1b49f.jpg.html)

-and just like that a trailer appears, looks like mirrors edge meets left 4 dead.

KWASA7eNiLc

Neil
10-Jun-2013, 10:03 AM
I've copied your "Dying Light" post to the dedicated thread - http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?21543

Danny
10-Jun-2013, 10:06 AM
Oh nice i didnt even see that thread, i had never even heard of this game before.

CoinReturn
10-Jun-2013, 01:14 PM
I'm hyped! New games from all three companies, new consoles from two of them.

Should be the most exciting E3 half a decade or more. Got by bowl backed, waiting for the Microsoft presser. Bring on Dead Rising 3!

Danny
10-Jun-2013, 06:04 PM
Well the MS conference is underway

-new slim version of the 360 available from today, not really sure what the market for it is this late in the lifespan and so close to the ones release for die hard xbox fans though
-mgsv a xbox one exclusive, which really sucks since i dont plan on getting the console and love metal gear
-world of tanks which to be honest, free to play cash shop monopoly being ported to a console, not really sure whos cheering this. probably the low point thus far.
-2 xbox games a month for gold users, but starting with halo 3 and assassins creed 3 makes me think it will be the cheapest, oldest games and while still not as good as what PS+ offers, unlike plus you keep them when your sub runs out i think.

now, heres the bit that rustles my jimmies as a 360 owner. Remember the one unveiling last month? "dont worry about the 360, theres plenty of games for it at e3"....

and all we get is 3 trailers, one for a free to play pc port? and then "from this point on take a look at all the launch titles which will probably 70% crap like most console launches"? yeah. fantastic.
I mean i get they are in damage control for the new console and trying to push as much controlled news out at once but geez.

anyway, xbxo one titles -
ryse - meh
sunshine overdrive - i have no f*cking clue what demographic this is aimed at.
forza 5 - if you love racing games im sure it looks amazing, personally i couldnt care less about racing games. i know thats just me though. DRIVATAR! yeah he seriously said that about 2 dozen times...
minecraft updated
quantum break, looks nice, but i cant help but think of sam lake almost tearing up explaining why alan wake 2 got canned.
an episodic swery game, f*ck knows what the hell hes making this time.
project spark, a game creation game using surface. cant really say much since the 'demo' was clearly a video.
new panzer dragoon style game looks neat, shame no sound on stage though
dead rising 3. graphically great, but a gta style open map and no multiplayer? personally i dont think the single player formulae of dead rising can get me into a game again.
the witcher looks amazing, little more fable-ey than the past games though.
battlefield, yeesh, boos and heckles, DICE guy telling the crowd to be quiet and a generic trailer for a dude shooting other dudes. thrilling. and pc button prompts so not exactly console graphics likely.
what lies below looks good, im a sucker for roguelikes and i dig the art style
halo, not halo 5, just "halo". mastercheif in broken armour in a cloak in a desert. not much to say, just a teaser and expected.
£429 in the uk. considering amazon was taking preorders for £599 that could be worse, still f*cking steep though.
Finally, not ending with halo or metal gear solid 5 surprisingly we had titanfall, a game looking like an answer to the now freed from microsofts exclusivity contracts bungie creation destiny. On the whole this was probably one of the lamer new ip's thus far. At least the others are trying something different.

On the whole? nice news about the xbox live free games for paying subscribers, no more microsoft points but real world currency, mgs5 looks fantastic and actual games and not half spent on kinect wagglan like last year. Still a bit 'meh' overall and nothing to sell me on a xbox one.

CoinReturn
10-Jun-2013, 06:12 PM
That was 90 minutes of nonstop games. I'm definitely leaning toward purchasing One, there are to many exclusives I'm interested in. Sunrise Overdrive, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Quantum Break...so much awesomeness.

Also, talk about a crowd full of obnoxious c*nts.

MinionZombie
10-Jun-2013, 06:21 PM
I didn't watch the press conference, but I did see the Quantum Break trailer separately (apparently that's all in-game! :stunned:) ... but yeah ... Sam Lake's video to the Alan Wake fans regarding no sequel was painful to watch as a Remedy/AW fan. :(

I was surprised that there's a new look for the 360 - makes me wonder what the point is? You're pushing this new console, but you're saying you're putting out an improved 360 right now ... so you do kinda wonder what on earth the point is ... and yes, Halo 3 and AC2 (yes 2, not 3) as the first two "free games" smacks of 'cheap as chips games you've already played, but it looks like we're on your side' ... if you're on the side of gamers, MS, you wouldn't have made a right pig's ear of your launch and all the came tumbling after. :rolleyes:

Saw some videos for the new COD game - I don't play online, so I'm purely about the single player experience in those games, and I liked what I saw. Nothing drastically different, but it looks like it'll be fun (should be a step up from Black Ops 2, which was, interesting changes aside and some good inclusions, a little bit of a disappointment ... I think it was the less-than-inspiring level design that has meant I've replayed it less than I would have otherwise done ... admittedly BO2 wasn't Infinity Ward).

Danny
10-Jun-2013, 08:59 PM
That was 90 minutes of nonstop games.

Certainly a big change from the wagglan dance off 40 minutes of horseshit from last year.

- - - Updated - - -

EA's was pretty samey but two stand outs for me
1: plants verssu zombies sequel as a tf2 style team 3rd person shooter.
2: MIRRORS FUCKING EDGE SEQUEL aka one of my favourite games of all time is getting a sequel "when its ready"

Rancid Carcass
10-Jun-2013, 10:40 PM
Woooo! New Star Wars Battlefront!

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/10/e3-2013-ea-announces-star-wars-battlefront

When the hell did E3 become a gaming cavalcade of awesome????

:D

Rottedfreak
10-Jun-2013, 11:22 PM
It has been awesome I was very impressed by Xbox One's offerings and both EA and Ubisofts games! Now lets see what that lumbering dinosaur Nintendo craps out, likely a new 3DS model and a price cut with more Iwata bullshit to boot.

slickwilly13
11-Jun-2013, 02:42 AM
Mad Max for PS4. No game footage. Just a trailer.

Danny
11-Jun-2013, 03:16 AM
Okay, first off for sony MAD MAX?!? Christ that came out of nowhere. so fallout in australia with cars? mite b cool
-Destiny looked very cool
-First i saw of watchdogs, looks great but could be buggy as hell
-FF15 and kingdom hearts 3 are going to sell like crazy.
-used games, no need for any online ever.
-£349/$399
-don't starve, a HD rebuild of abes oddessy and a new game from bastions creators on the indie section, frigging lorne lanning on stage, i honestly thought he was dead! :lol:
-20 launch titles, 14 new ips.
-no last guardian or beyond good and evil 2 news
-130 games in the first year
-new last of us trailer and beyond two souls, both look great.

That was crazy, i havent seen a crowd like that at an e3 since they announced the gamecube and the sequel to smash bros. They were jumping up and down and chanting sonys name. A year ago you couldnt predict that. It was jaw dropping.

So far without question Sony has had the best showing thus far. Now i'm just waiting for nintendo who are at the right time in the wii U's lifespan to start showing stuff of the new zeldas and marios and so on. Those are the last big things i could expect.

ProfessorChaos
11-Jun-2013, 04:00 AM
not even really that interested in the next gen of consoles right now, but i'm damn certain that MS and their anti-consumer practices can kiss my ass and my money goodbye when/if i do decide to take the next-gen plunge.

aside from gta5, perhaps a stellar movie tie-in game for the amazing spider-man 2, and *fingers crossed* the follow-up to state of decay, the planned MMORPG codenamed "class 4", i really don't even give a fuck if i get another game for my 360 again. i've simply got too many games too catch up on these days and not enough time to do it to even consider moving to a new console (oh and not to mention that none of my games i have now will be playable on the piece of shit known as xbox one....i realize that i can't play any of my 360 games on a ps4 either, but sony won me over with just a few simple bullet points, should i decide to go next-gen.)

krisvds
11-Jun-2013, 05:18 AM
No DRM on sony's PS4 and it's 100 euro cheaper? For real? Never expected this. Smart business decision all the same.
Microsoft will see a lot of consumer migration now I suppose.

Also: Mad Max by those Just Cause guys sounds good.

Edit: Seems they are imposing a Ps+ subscription to anyone whio wants to play online. Hmmm...

Mr. Clean
11-Jun-2013, 07:29 AM
-mgsv a xbox one exclusive

Gonna have to call bullshit. Not saying "YOU'RE" lying but I don't see why Kojima Productions would change their colors during the new console war since this is to be the last MGS game. I would think Sony would have that on lock down as an opening title.

slickwilly13
11-Jun-2013, 08:13 AM
Sony took jabs at MS tonight and the crowd ate it up. And with the P$4 $100 less than XboxNone, I see Sony winning huge in first round of the next gen wars. This reminds me of Saturn vs Playstation all over, again.

Neil
11-Jun-2013, 08:28 AM
Edit: Seems they are imposing a Ps+ subscription to anyone whio wants to play online. Hmmm...
That's their version of XBox Live?

krisvds
11-Jun-2013, 08:35 AM
^^

I guess so. Your subscription apparently works across their three platforms (PS3 + PS4 + Vita), you get a lot of free content but the subscription is mandatory to play online.
Not a fan of this policy to be honest. After years of spiting microsoft for xbox gold and all that (pretty much justified) sarcasm concerning DRM at their E3 conference you'd expect them to keep this news under the radar. Sneaky sony.

MinionZombie
11-Jun-2013, 09:50 AM
no need for any online ever.

If MS don't change their tune, or my Internet set up doesn't change (unlikely to), I think Sony will likely be getting my money in due course. *sarcastically slow claps MS*

*edit*

stiYAbaJY1w

:lol::lol::lol:

Take that MS. :p

Neil
11-Jun-2013, 10:35 AM
^^ lol!!

Rancid Carcass
11-Jun-2013, 11:36 AM
Hmm... Microsoft seem to be having a Battle of Yonkers style E3 this year!

:lol:

MinionZombie
11-Jun-2013, 11:45 AM
And here's the video of them saying 'no online required and feel free to trade games' - the moment a sea change occurred?

2Ht-0Hne4EU

Neil
11-Jun-2013, 11:51 AM
I think a couple of people in the audience were a little bit pleased by some of that news...

Sony basically just bent M$ over a table and b*tt f***ed them :)

krisvds
11-Jun-2013, 12:05 PM
There's also this:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-11-sony-playstation-4-will-be-region-free

Region free PS4. Might not mean much to anyone but fans of japanese games that don't get localised but still ...

Neil
11-Jun-2013, 12:41 PM
There's also this:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-11-sony-playstation-4-will-be-region-free

Region free PS4. Might not mean much to anyone but fans of japanese games that don't get localised but still ...

M$ must be double face palming by now!

https://www.taxpayers.org.au/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/double-facepalm.jpg

shootemindehead
11-Jun-2013, 01:00 PM
Sony wins

- - - Updated - - -

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/06/analysis-the-one-two-combo-sony-used-to-knock-microsoft-out-of-e3-2013/

Danny
11-Jun-2013, 04:08 PM
Just caught up with Nintendo's. Some good stuff like Bayonetta 2 and a new Smash bros, but honestly i was surprised by the lack of new mario and zelda titles considering how long the console has been out. Still its great to see Megaman alive and kicking and Bayonetta is the sort of thing that can sell me the Wii U, its just kind of a bummer that they really didn't have much new stuff to show and instead relied on fan service announcements like smash bros character trailers.

- - - Updated - - -

Some trailers

Super Smash Bros.
xvudMu-5kIU

Mad Max
VBpDO45cJms

Halo 5
1qSTpClAybI

The Order, 1886
SYuPwiQtYSo

Bayonetta 2
4dFfVBdRWmw

Final Fantasy 15
Q6jLw1iDCwI

Quantum Break
KHpRSiZ7lqQ

Destiny
y2Jx5__c1lY

Byeond: Two Souls
UI2Y5gsE0d0

PS4 Indie Games Showcase
zYcae-PGC_c

Pokemon X and Y
EXS2KVVRVfI

Plants VS Zombies: Garden Warefare
1SyfejXAba8

krisvds
11-Jun-2013, 05:41 PM
You forgot this one for people who like anime/JRPG's. It's another wii u exclusive and is quite the looker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6Q4ld4uqcY

That's all in game they say. Pretty astonishing.

Rottedfreak
11-Jun-2013, 07:03 PM
Well despite the crap ports, Wii U does have a decent unhindered CPU, a GPU two generations ahead of 360 and 1GB of RAM dedicated to visuals.
It's been argued they could do a decentish Ryse and Dead Rising 3 with optimization on the platform.
Did you see Mario Kart 8?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA6CAgv6p6g
I admire Nintendo's honesty with these trailers they shown mostly in game footage. Heck during Microsofts Dead Rising 3 presentation I heard the windows chime suggesting he was playing it on a PC.

Danny
11-Jun-2013, 08:09 PM
I admire Nintendo's honesty with these trailers they shown mostly in game footage. Heck during Microsofts Dead Rising 3 presentation I heard the windows chime suggesting he was playing it on a PC.

Yeah most of microsofts were running on a pc version of the games, you could see the "backspace" style key prompts in the ui, this seems to suggest the rumours of the console being being might be up to speed. Which naturally meant sony and nintendos conferences had things like slowdown and such because those were the in development console versions.

I'd say after looking it all over all 3 offered some interesting titles, but its really the multiplatform ones that have taken the crown so to speak for this years E3. Which honestly is what i prefer, regardless of plastic box under your tv being able to play a game regardless is usually a good way to see a series stay alive.

AcesandEights
12-Jun-2013, 01:40 AM
Woooo! New Star Wars Battlefront!

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/10/e3-2013-ea-announces-star-wars-battlefront

When the hell did E3 become a gaming cavalcade of awesome????

:D

Hell yeah! Talk about a game I enjoyed co-oping...split screen back then, no less! Just when I thought I wouldn't likely be excited by a Star Wars property anytime soon. :D

krisvds
12-Jun-2013, 04:56 AM
Just saw this Bayonetta 2 gameplay video from the E3 floor. If you liked the first one you are going to be pleased.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=r_2_E-QbvQE

also 60fps, no stuttering. Great looking game.

Danny
12-Jun-2013, 06:20 AM
Just saw this Bayonetta 2 gameplay video from the E3 floor. If you liked the first one you are going to be pleased.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=r_2_E-QbvQE

also 60fps, no stuttering. Great looking game.

and also co-op!

krisvds
13-Jun-2013, 04:53 AM
Who 'won' E3?
Platinum games.
This game looks ridiculous in the best way possible and is woefully overlooked by most of the 'press':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxVEho4AcKM

shootemindehead
13-Jun-2013, 06:32 AM
I've no idea what the hell that's supposed to be about, but it looks annoying as f*ck.

Give me 'Skyrim' any day.

krisvds
13-Jun-2013, 07:37 AM
I've no idea what the hell that's supposed to be about, but it looks annoying as f*ck.

Give me 'Skyrim' any day.

It's an action videogame running in 60fps?
It's also made by Hideki Kamiya, the guy who directed Okami, Devil may Cry and Viewtiful Joe. He's also supervising the upcoming Bayonetta 2.
That's more than enough to get me interested.

shootemindehead
13-Jun-2013, 09:16 AM
The actual game though looks as confusing as hell. It's way too fast and flashy for me.

krisvds
03-Jul-2013, 05:09 AM
Mad Max fans: there is hope!

http://www.destructoid.com/avalanche-confirms-mad-max-will-be-voiced-by-an-aussie-257414.phtml

Can not believe they considered an American voice actor for Max! Might have been a marketing ploy?

shootemindehead
03-Jul-2013, 07:48 AM
Didn't they dub the film originally?

krisvds
03-Jul-2013, 03:18 PM
They did! Unbelievable. Wasn't aware of this, ...
Why? They could have used subtitles for some of the more 'exotic' lines in the film? Dubbing is so stupid, they do it in France, Germany, Spain, Italy, ... Luckily I grew up in a country where most people abhor the idead of dubbing someone's performance.
Take a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44qJPQLxJu8

shootemindehead
10-Jul-2013, 08:36 AM
Some Russian films do an even worse thing, they have one guy doing a voice over for every character on screen. It's bloody awful.