PDA

View Full Version : Dead Rising 3 announced (Xbox One)

CoinReturn
10-Jun-2013, 05:33 PM
Hlm-1dmB2gc

Looks like that leak from a while back. Open world, playing as a mechanic, etc.

Rancid Carcass
10-Jun-2013, 07:51 PM
Okay, that looks great, awesome in fact, hopefully it's just a timed exclusive and not totally exclusive like the first one. DR1 was the reason I got a 360 rather than a PS3, but with all the grief surrounding XBone I'm not sure that even the almighty lure of an open world DR3 playground could entice me into all that always online play-what-we-want-you-to-play-when-we-want-you-to-play-it-1984-DRM asscrack... :rockbrow:

ProfessorChaos
11-Jun-2013, 04:24 AM
more dead rising? meh....only on xbox one? double meh....not even interested, regardless of what they've added or improved.

think i'll just stick with state of decay for now.

MinionZombie
11-Jun-2013, 10:05 AM
That looks much better than DR2, which was just DR1 with a few tweaks ... hopefully it won't be an MS exclusive, but who knows?

Danny
11-Jun-2013, 03:46 PM
Eh, looks very brown and generic. I liked dead rising for its quirk and charm. This seems, thematically at least, to be taking itself a little too seriously. Also, 3 games in? STILL no co-op campaign? in a sandbox city? gotta be honest its not really what i want from the direction of the series. Based purely on what they showed.

Rancid Carcass
11-Jun-2013, 04:28 PM
I liked dead rising for its quirk and charm.

Don't worry - it's still there, it seems that they just haven't got around to showing it yet:

http://uk.gamespot.com/e3/dead-rising-3-and-the-case-of-the-disappearing-banana-hammock-6409761/

MinionZombie
11-Jun-2013, 05:40 PM
However, the boldest change of all is probably the fact that Capcom Vancouver has done away with countdown clock on the default play setting, giving players the opportunity to goof around within the overall sandbox without the stress of a deadline looming over them. But in a nod to those Dead Rising purists who would prefer to have a countdown clock urging them forward, that's available as an alternate play mode they can choose to enable if they're up to the task.

Finally! Player choice. You can have the clock if you want, or you can remove it and just play around with the game - I never played the story modes (mostly because I was too shit at the story missions to survive and complete them), so I just ran around and caused havoc on my own. It sounds like D3 would be more suited to my play style - as well as purists - but, like I said, this time there's a choice in how you play.

Now if only the 'Xbone' wasn't a walking PR disaster shackled by a mountain of DRM and intrusive rules which must be obeyed. It's amazing that MS have blundered forth - it seems to obvious what not to do, and yet they did it anyway. :confused: But that's for another thread, so I won't derail this one.

CoinReturn
20-Jul-2013, 04:39 PM
2m2G4YVZZpU

This is looking much better than the E3 presentation. More like the Dead Rising we know and love, but with far more carnage.

ProfessorChaos
20-Jul-2013, 05:53 PM
so....no frank west, huh? wonder how long it'll be till crapcom decides to "give the fans what they want" (or whatever excuse they come up with) and re-release this with frank as the protagonist....

MinionZombie
20-Jul-2013, 06:06 PM
so....no frank west, huh? wonder how long it'll be till crapcom decides to "give the fans what they want" (or whatever excuse they come up with) and re-release this with frank as the protagonist....

Yeah, that was a dick-move with DR2.

No doubt this trailer is going some way to distance themselves from being perceived the wrong way - it's all silly fun in this video - as opposed to the large scale, but serious-and-brown-looking E3 presentation.

Rancid Carcass
19-Aug-2013, 10:51 AM
Pretty nice CG trailer... hope to hell this thing ends up as a multi-platform title!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZEn3QIzQcFA

:cool:

MinionZombie
19-Aug-2013, 11:48 AM
Rancid - I'm pretty sure that MS' 'exclusive' on this is just for a limited time ... I think I read/heard that the other day somewhere. I doubt Capcom would want to limit their income stream to just one console on this particular title.

Rottedfreak
19-Aug-2013, 12:26 PM
Microsoft are publishing it, no dice.

EvilNed
19-Aug-2013, 12:36 PM
Seems nice! I haven't played any of the other DR, but this looks like right up my alley.

Haven't figured out if I want the Xbox One or not. I think yeah, but I do so much gaming on my PC that it wouldn't be good for me if I got yet another console.

MinionZombie
28-Aug-2013, 10:05 AM
They're at it again. :p

http://dailydead.com/dead-rising-3-day-one-edition-announced/

Dead Rising 3 Day One Edition:

“‘Dead Rising’ Tribute Pack featuring exclusive game content and bonus attribute perks.

Classic Frank West outfit with Frank’s Zombie Slugger weapon, extra gory attacks and a custom skill move. Also includes attribute perks for increased melee damage and tougher survivors.

Official Chuck Greene outfit with Paddle Saw combo weapon that cuts through zombie hordes with increased damage and durability. Also includes attribute perks for vehicle and weapon durability.”

:rolleyes:

I wonder if they'll do what they did with DR2 again and remake it with Frank West to try and dip their cheeky wicks into folks' wallets a second time?

It kind of makes you wonder if they don't have much faith in their new character. :p

Danny
29-Aug-2013, 02:39 AM
knowing modern crapcom i am absolutely without doubt expecting a frank west version "for the fans" to be shat out 6 months after release so they can once again sell the same game at launch pricing.

Rancid Carcass
19-Nov-2013, 12:51 AM
Looks like the reviews are starting to come in:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-18-dead-rising-3-review - 7/10

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/11/18/dead-rising-3-video-review - 8.2 - or 8.3 (browser crashed, not too sure!)

MinionZombie
19-Nov-2013, 10:02 AM
IGN was an 8.3 - I watched the review yesterday.

Still some of the same problems (NPCs getting in your way, for instance, but at least they're more independent than before), and that finding your way around the map can be a problem. I still hate that weapons break too easily by the looks of things, yeah, sure, they want to get you using various stuff, but at the same time when you've got a sweet-arse weapon you want to actually use it for a good time. I've always hated the quick-to-break weapons - it almost makes building new ones pointless as they'll be broken in a two minutes anyway.

Lots of zombies on-screen, but yeah, the tone does look confused. I've never been at all fussed by the stories in DR games - they never feel sincere, and the mixture of the open world lunacy with 'serious' storytelling never works properly, so it all comes off as silly. I've enjoyed DR 1 and 2, but I only played them as open world zombie slaughter fests, just running around killing zeds and ranking up. I was always shit at doing the missions and was never able to get very far at all in the story mode (and yet I always complete GTA games and the like).

It's funny when commentators are disappointed at the graphics - going into a next gen at first doesn't yield great results. It just adds a couple of new effects and that's it - look at Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter on Xbox360, one of the earliest titles (a launch title?) and it looks really plain. Compare that to, for instance, GTA V, and there's a massive difference ... therefore you're not going to see a big difference in DR3 beyond a few effects and some computing power (i.e. many more zombies on-screen).

Seeing the IGN review (getting to see the game in action), I didn't have any particular interest in playing the game.

kidgloves
19-Nov-2013, 03:31 PM
The reviews i've seen for DR3 absolutely panned it. Boring, no interesting story and the only thing left is mindless killing.
The only positive seems to be the number of zombies on screen and no load times.
Not interested personally.

CoinReturn
19-Nov-2013, 03:37 PM
The reviews i've seen for DR3 absolutely panned it. Boring, no interesting story and the only thing left is mindless killing.
The only positive seems to be the number of zombies on screen and no load times.
Not interested personally.

I'm not seeing any reviews "panning" it. DR3 is currently sitting at 78 on Metacritic, which is higher than any of PS4's AAA exclusives. It seems like a solid 8/10 title, and I can't wait to download it on Friday.

Will post impressions.

kidgloves
19-Nov-2013, 05:37 PM
I'm not seeing any reviews "panning" it. DR3 is currently sitting at 78 on Metacritic, which is higher than any of PS4's AAA exclusives. It seems like a solid 8/10 title, and I can't wait to download it on Friday.

Will post impressions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2x6xAheJgo

- - - Updated - - -

Goddamn limit on videos is ridiculous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN3H4jW2NEs

Rancid Carcass
05-Jun-2014, 07:30 PM
Bit of a bump, but a welcome one: Dead Rising 3 announced for PC!

PC gamers will be able to experience the hordes of horror at high PC resolutions, upgraded textures on characters, backgrounds and in-game objects.

http://www.pcgamer.com/uk/2014/06/05/dead-rising-3-announced-for-pc-will-release-this-summer/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObURLnfQxi4

Looking forward to this at long last! :D

kidgloves
25-Jun-2014, 04:57 PM
Well. I've caved in and bought an Xbox one. After playing the demo for DR3 I've realised I actually quite like slaughtering hordes of zombies so I've managed to pick it up for £19.30 after company discount and some vouchers.
I pick it up tomorrow and really looking forward to it.

kidgloves
26-Jun-2014, 07:37 PM
Bloody ridiculous. 16gb update before I can play the game. Its gonna take a couple days to download it at the rate its going and that's with an open nat, 120mb speed and connected to my router via 5ghz band.
Pathetic MS. Pathetic

Neil
26-Jun-2014, 07:40 PM
Bloody ridiculous. 16gb update before I can play the game. Its gonna take a couple days to download it at the rate its going and that's with an open nat, 120mb speed and connected to my router via 5ghz band.
Pathetic MS. Pathetic

That does sound a rather poor update system? Surely there isn't 16gb of changes?

kidgloves
26-Jun-2014, 09:31 PM
That does sound a rather poor update system? Surely there isn't 16gb of changes?

Apparently its game tweaks and preparation for the DLC. It has let me start the game at 44% of the update but that's still 4 hours after starting the process.
The game itself is excellent so far though. Very impressed. Surprisingly sinister atmosphere and the behaviour of the zombies is fantastic. They get really riled up.
The intro/training mission is well put together as well.

kidgloves
30-Jun-2014, 09:24 PM
I'm absolutely loving this game. The way kinnect and smartglass interact with the game is genius and surprisingly immersive.