PDA

View Full Version : The Wolverine (film)

Neil
13-Jun-2013, 02:45 PM
Xnvudl84ow0

shootemindehead
13-Jun-2013, 09:00 PM
Mmmmmm...ir sorta had me right up until the robot.

Neil
08-Jul-2013, 09:12 PM
Oh dear!

5OKT5YceMCQ

EvilNed
08-Jul-2013, 10:17 PM
Call me an idiot, but this seems to be the "superhero experience" of the summer. Not that it's saying much.

Neil
09-Jul-2013, 09:07 AM
What's a "superhero experience"?

AcesandEights
09-Jul-2013, 01:40 PM
I may actually see this in the theaters. It actually looks like the way a Wolverine film probably should have been done in the first place. I never gave the other solo film(s?) a chance, but this had okay buzz the last time I checked and certainly looks like a decent enough direction for a film.

Mangold has directed a couple nice films (3:10 to Yuma, Girl Interrupted, Cop Land). I think it'll come down to the script, and the writers seem pretty uneven, though one of them has writing credit for The Usual Suspects under his belt.

EvilNed
09-Jul-2013, 01:55 PM
What's a "superhero experience"?

Any of this superhero crap that gets churned out these days. Batman, Spiderman, Superman, Wolverine, Avengers.

Neil
09-Jul-2013, 09:28 PM
Any of this superhero crap that gets churned out these days. Batman, Spiderman, Superman, Wolverine, Avengers.

Hey! Don't tarnish Batman and Spiderman with the Superman brush!

EvilNed
10-Jul-2013, 10:12 PM
Hey! Don't tarnish Batman and Spiderman with the Superman brush!

Spiderman was pretty crap.

Neil
10-Jul-2013, 10:38 PM
Spiderman was pretty crap.

Not for me... And IMHO Spiderman 2 is one of the greatest superhero flicks...

EvilNed
10-Jul-2013, 10:54 PM
I meant the one that came last year! I love Raimi's spideyflicks.

Neil
11-Jul-2013, 08:49 AM
I meant the one that came last year! I love Raimi's spideyflicks.

Ohhhhhh! Not seen The Amazing Spiderman (yet).

rongravy
26-Jul-2013, 09:33 PM
Ohhhhhh! Not seen The Amazing Spiderman (yet).

I loved, and it was the second thing we got on blu ray.
Now...
Seeing Wolvie in an hour. It is only going to cost us $5 each. It is also piss pouring rain down on us with a vengence right now, so it should be pretty empty where I'm going.
I can't wait. Time for da KUSH, I got my huge ass Kit Kat chilling in the freezer, and good times are in the horizon...
Fanboy review forthcoming.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, the other day, I saw a somewhat early review on Yahoo news. Everything I read went on and on about how boring it was, and blah blah blah. It seemed like they were trashing it pretty good. They also mentioned about how the first one stunk. I happened to like it myself, and totally disagree with them on this one, as well.
There were a few minute flaws, but I really liked it. The fight scenes were pretty decent, and his body is amazing. I wonder what he'd look like if he really got deeper into bodybuilding...
Anyway, nothing superdeep, but a fun ride with a damn fine view. There was an audience, but not enough to invade my space. I had a good time, and those Kit Kats were gone before the trailers were done. I may see it again if it makes it to the cheapies, otherwise it's blu ray for me.
Wow, no spoilers.

shootemindehead
27-Jul-2013, 12:20 PM
Yep, I'd rate the new Spiderman over the Raimi efforts by a very large margin.

ProfessorChaos
27-Jul-2013, 03:42 PM
Yep, I'd rate the new Spiderman over the Raimi efforts by a very large margin.

word. i was against the idea of a spidey reboot at first, but it is waaaaay more true to the source and much less campy than raimi's trilogy.

and i have no input on wolverine or hugh jackman's roided out physique, so i'm gonna show myself out now.

MinionZombie
27-Jul-2013, 06:07 PM
I much preferred the Raimi flicks over The Amazing Spider-Man. Garfield was good in it, although his Peter Parker seemed a little bit too confident to be the nerdy, put-upon, school reject, in my view. Marc Webb did a good job with all the high school romance stuff between Parker and Stacey - this is the same guy who did the ruddy excellent "(500) Days of Summer" ... but the big bad in the flick was pretty rubbish ... there was something disappointingly lifeless about the action quite often, and generally it was quite uneven with some parts/moments/ideas that made no sense to me whatsoever. It also felt a little hindered by having to reboot the first movie all over again - it was like "yeah, I saw this in 2002, and it was better" ... ... best part of the movie though? Emma Stone, natch. ;)

As for "The Wolverine" - I'll probably never see it in the cinema (I did see Origins in the cinema, mind) ... not been all year thus far ... but I'll certainly see it at some point, either on DVD or Sky Movies. I've heard good things about it.

shootemindehead
28-Jul-2013, 01:35 AM
Raimi's trilogy is pretty stupid though, with unlikable central characters. MacGuire and Dunst are bloody awful in their roles, so annoying, especially Dunst, who's starry-eyed gobshite just grates after a very short while. Overall the stories aren't bad, but for me they were just too irritating to enjoy.

I perfered Garfield's take on Parker, who just ends up being more likable than MacGuire and Emma Stone is miles ahead of Dunst's character.

Even though 2012's Spiderman was utterly pointless and its villain is just ok, it still managed to trump the previous set.

clanglee
28-Jul-2013, 05:05 PM
On the subject of the Wolverine. . . I saw it last night. It blew Origins out of the water, but that ain't hard to do. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm a huge Wolvie fan. . and this very much captured the character. I wish they hadn't deviated from the source material so much, and the Villians in the movie were kinda meh. But altogether I enjoyed it. And the midcredit teaser for days of Future Past was awesome.

AcesandEights
29-Jul-2013, 01:50 PM
On the subject of the Wolverine. . . I saw it last night. It blew Origins out of the water, but that ain't hard to do. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm a huge Wolvie fan. . and this very much captured the character. I wish they hadn't deviated from the source material so much, and the Villians in the movie were kinda meh. But altogether I enjoyed it. And the midcredit teaser for days of Future Past was awesome.

Definitely want to see this in the theater, but I have so much going on right now. Sounds like a decent enough film and about what I expected. Glad you liked it, Clang!