PDA

View Full Version : What zombie movies do you currently own?

Zombie369
16-Jun-2013, 10:22 PM
Yeah since we all love zombie movies here, list the ones that you currently own in your DVD or Blu-Ray or VHS collection. :skull:

Here is my list, all on DVD:

Night of the Living Dead (the 1990 remake)
Dawn of the Dead (the 2004 remake)
Land of the Dead
Hell of the Living Dead
Nightmare City
Resident Evil
Scooby Doo on Zombie Island (my first ever movie about zombies :p )
Zombieland

Morto Vivente
17-Jun-2013, 01:21 AM
These are the zombie flicks I currently have, there's a couple I wish I didn't. :lol:

Night of the Living Dead ('68 + '90) :thumbsup:
Dawn of the Dead (1978, U.S. Cinema Release, Directors Cut and Argento's Cut) :thumbsup: although it looks a bit dated now.
Day of the Dead (1985) the best zombie flick ever edition. ;) :thumbsup::D:thumbsup:
Land of the Dead
Diary of the Dead
Survival of the Dead
Zombie Flesh Eaters (uncut version):thumbsup:
Zombie Creeping Flesh (Hell of the Living Dead aka Virus)
Zombi III :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Let Sleeping Corpses Lie :thumbsup:
Shaun of the Dead :thumbsup:
Zombieland
Zombie Diaries
Planet Terror
City of the Living Dead (Hmmm) :bored:
Apocalypse of the Dead (hey.... no laughing Ken Foree is in it).
Dead Set (The worst thing about is they're runners otherwise :thumbsup:)
Rec
Rec II
The Dead Outside

Zombie369
17-Jun-2013, 04:00 AM
I've seen Zombieland at Walmart for just $5 on DVD. I think I'll try to get it and watch it one day, I heard that the amusement park scene was filmed at Wild Adventures and I've actually been there several times. It's a really cool amusement park with crazy rides and all kinds of zoo animals, and I think it would be so cool to see it in a zombie movie. :D

Morto Vivente
23-Jun-2013, 12:38 AM
I'd say it's worth watching as a comedy. I found the opening titles hilarious, the "Double Tap"..:lol: Not so say the rest of the movie isn't entertaining and at times very funny. Although, IMO as far as zombedies go "Shaun of the Dead" is the better of the two.

Zombie369
23-Jun-2013, 03:59 AM
I'm not sure if Hell of the Living Dead was meant to be a zomedy, but it's a pretty funny zombie movie IMO. I love how badly it rips off Dawn of the Dead and the plot itself is completely nonsensical and even offensive. It's like a parody of itself. :P

Morto Vivente
23-Jun-2013, 09:24 AM
Yeah, there's a pile of unintentional humour in HofLD, aswell as a not so accidental social commentary on the "Third World". My wife isn't exactly a fan of the genre but when the first zombie appears she almost fell of her chair with laughter. You know, when he just pops into frame.

I wouldn't say it's the worst or the "best" in that department. Zombi 3 (aka Zombie Flesh Eaters 2) is so shit it begs belief, didn't they realize the level of farce during production? Probably....Possibly the worst zombies ever to be inflicted on an audience (although still better than the main cast). One second they're the classic dilapidated variety, the next their leaping over verandas, or vertically 15' into the air to grab dudes dangling from helicopters; literally "Ninja Zombies". Hmm....I wonder if Brad Pitt watched it before filming WWZ. :rolleyes: It's surprising in some respects as Fulci's Flesh Eaters is a more than decent zombie flick. Possibly why he tried unsuccessfully to have his name removed from the titles of Zombi 3.

Zombie369
23-Jun-2013, 03:35 PM
lol sounds kind of like Nightmare City. Nightmare City has fast-moving zombies who kill their victims with weapons like knives and guns. It's another one of those bad Italian zombie films but it actually isn't as bad as Hell of the Living Dead (that one is possibly the worst). I thought the idea was creative enough (I'm actually more accepting of fast zombies and ones who can use weapons than most fans of the genre), but the only problem I had with the movie was how fake all of the zombies looked. They all looked like they had mud thrown on their faces. :rolleyes:

I haven't seen Zombie aka Zombi 2 yet but I really want to one day, my friends all tell me it's a really good zombie movie and from what I read about it and the trailer I've watched on YouTube it does sound very interesting.

Morto Vivente
23-Jun-2013, 04:40 PM
If your interested mate, here's a link for Zombie Flesh Eaters aka Zombi 2. It's the full movie on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfmj75DvWmA

Zombie369
23-Jun-2013, 04:51 PM
Awesome! I will definetly try to watch it when I have the time. Thanks! :D

Morto Vivente
23-Jun-2013, 05:35 PM
I can see why some may find Runners exciting, personally I prefer 28 Days/Weeks Later because the Infected aren't zombies. The use of bricks for breaking boarded windows or reinforced glass is okay, but that's about it for me in the "Zombo-Habilis" stakes.

Have you seen the trailer for Zone 261? It's hilarious! Organized zombie hit-squads using weapons on survivors rather than just tooth and claw. Where will it end? As a crazy man said "They're fu*king Dead!!!" IMO the main points that made the "Romero-esque" zombies cool in the first place are being lost in all this revisionist stuff.

Rather than the approach we've been getting which is faster super-powered zombies, like WWZ or Dawn 2004. I'd prefer a well cast, character driven shambler flick. Set it in space rather than the usual type of setting, with characters we actually give a sh*t about, using the budget for good physical special effects and CGI only when necessary. Fu*k they could even call it "STARSHIP SHAMBLERS" I don't really care. Zombies don't need super speed or ninja abilities they've got numbers, they're relentless, and one scratch is all that's needed for membership into the league of living dead. That's their super power not all this other nonsense. :rant: I'll get off my rant box now.

Zombie369
23-Jun-2013, 10:44 PM
Well personally I enjoy all kinds of zombies. To me all something has to be in order to qualify as a zombie is a) a person that's dead but comes back to life as a mindless killing machine or b) a person infected by a strange illness that turns them into a mindless killing machine. The thing I love most about the zombie genre is that a lot of directors add their own unique ideas on what zombies are. Some zombies are ghouls who have come back to life by supernatural means, some are victims of a deadly virus sweeping across the planet, some move slow, some move fast, some use their teeth and claws, some can use weapons, some can only be killed by destroying the brain, some can't be killed at all because they're already dead, etc. I think it's fascinating to see the different ways that directors interpret what zombies can do. That's just my opinion though. :)

Zombie369
26-Jun-2013, 02:14 AM
I think I want to try and add Warm Bodies to my collection of zombie movies. I saw it at Walmart for just $15 on DVD. :D

Morto Vivente
27-Jun-2013, 01:15 PM
I haven't seen it. Obviously though, there's a thread on here about it.

Zombie369
28-Jun-2013, 11:31 PM
I just now purchased Zombieland from Walmart for $5 and I can't wait to finally watch the whole movie. :)

BTW I saw that you added Apocalypse of the Dead to your list and I've seen several copies of that one at Walmart for just $5. Is it any good? I don't need a zombie movie to be perfect in order to enjoy it, I even like some of those low budget ones with bad acting and writing just as long as the zombies look convincing enough and the gore effects are good.

Morto Vivente
29-Jun-2013, 09:20 PM
Based on your requirements I don't think Apocalypse of the Dead would disappoint, if you can handle the occasional "raptor roar"? :rolleyes: Personally I'm not that into it, and haven't watched in quite some time. On a positive note though it's predominately a shambler movie if I recall, and if your into the makeup side of things I belief it was passable. It certainly isn't "The Walking Dead" standards though, but then again what is?

I know your okay with runners so I'd recommend "Dead Set", if you haven't seen it already, it's far better IMO. Zombies and "Big Brother"....It's so ironic! ;)

I think I mentioned this already, but I thought the initial scene in "Zombieland" was hilarious. Plus as a fan of "Metallica" back when they could write catchy guitar riffs, the opening titles sequence is definitely one of my favourites, add Bill Murray's deadpan delivery, say no more. :)

Zombie369
30-Jun-2013, 12:44 AM
Yeah one of the things I love the most in zombie movies is the make-up. Especially when it looks very realistic. I watched the trailer for Apocalypse of the Dead on YouTube and the zombies do look convincing enough, so the next time I'm at Walmart and have some extra money I think I'll try to buy it. Plus it's cool that one of the actors from the original Dawn of the Dead is in it.

Also I've seen part of Zombieland and I agree that some parts were very funny, like when the main character is explaining that zombies always go after the fat people first or how the 12 year old girl was explaining that she knows how to kill zombies because she "played a lot of violent video games". :lol: I haven't gotten to watch the whole movie yet but I will eventually when I have time.

Oh and I just bought another one of those cheap $5 movie collections that has a lot of low budget zombie movies. Some of them with titles like "Zombies vs Strippers" and "I Eat Your Skin". I know already that none of these are going to be masterpeices, but for some odd reason I like watching B movies. Plus now I have some more zombie films in my collection. :)