PDA

View Full Version : HOMECOMING, would you come back to vote?

Cody
11-Jul-2006, 04:22 AM
Don't know much about this movie except zombies rise to vote?? it just came on dvd, anyone buy it yet?

AcesandEights
11-Jul-2006, 04:34 AM
Well, some people are discussing in a thread, by the same name, currently at the top of page 2. It seems to be getting mixed reviews.

Mapman, who started the above mentioned topic, posted this link:

http://www.sho.com/site/mastersofhorror/movie.do?content=homecoming

PS--I love your avatar pic :D

Danny
11-Jul-2006, 04:35 AM
i saw it on bravo a while back its good but nothing worthy of adding to a dvd collection, especially at the rip off £19.99 it is over here, i can get like 7 dvds at music zone for that!:dead:

Cody
11-Jul-2006, 04:43 AM
whoops didnt know it already had a thread, my bad guys

Guru ofthe Dead
11-Jul-2006, 05:13 AM
I saw this when it first came out on the Masters of Horror Series on Showtime. This was an attempt to do a dead themed show, because GAR has not agreed to do anything with them as of yet. Personally it was OK, but nothing to write home about.

creepntom
11-Jul-2006, 03:10 PM
this show makes the return series seem oscar worthy :rolleyes:

Dawg
14-Jul-2006, 08:52 PM
I haven't seen this episode, but from the box cover it seems to show the war dead returning to vote in their field uniforms.

If they returned from their flag-drapen coffins, wouldn't they be dressed in honors for burial? How does that work? After they return home, are they dressed for burial in full military attire or laid to rest in their field clothes?

Or does this episode show them returning to vote before that stage?

:dead: Dawg

axlish
14-Jul-2006, 09:10 PM
I'd come back and kick Joe Dante square in the balls for putting out such a lousy Masters of Horror episode :)

No really, this episode is god awful.

erisi236
14-Jul-2006, 09:49 PM
heh, if I came back to life, the last thing on my mind would be voting :rolleyes:

Marie
14-Jul-2006, 11:00 PM
Don't know much about this movie except zombies rise to vote?? it just came on dvd, anyone buy it yet?

I'd guess that if everyone else was coming back to vote, I'd HAVE to. Somebody's got to vote for the Libertarian or Republican... The dead have been voting the Democratic ticket for years down here:D .

M_

AcesandEights
14-Jul-2006, 11:16 PM
The dead have been voting the Democratic ticket for years down here:D .

M_

Purportedly that gets around for both parties.

Marie
15-Jul-2006, 01:07 AM
Purportedly that gets around for both parties.

Maybe so... but the Dems have been caught at it more often. Given that the press is often LOOKING for the Republicans to mess up, to the point of making stuff up a la Dan Rather...The Democrats either do it more or are more sloppy about it. You pick.:)

M_

Tullaryx
17-Jul-2006, 03:13 PM
I actually thought the episode was entertaining and I disagree with the politics of the film, though I do understand why he picked the story he wanted to do for the episode.