PDA

View Full Version : "Mob City" - Frank Darabont's new show starring John Bernthal...

MinionZombie
14-Aug-2013, 10:36 AM
sW-WF313Ljo

Have a butchers of that - I know I'll be watching this!

Apparently it'll be a bit of a TWD cast reunion - Shane, Dale, and Jim.

Formerly known as "L.A. Noir" (until the owners of the game "L.A. Noire" said they couldn't use the title), and briefly "Lost Angels" IIRC - now it's called "Mob City".

Neil
14-Aug-2013, 12:52 PM
Give us a review when you've seen it please!

MoonSylver
14-Aug-2013, 09:23 PM
Yummmm....great era, great subject matter, great actors, great producer....I'm down for that! :thumbsup: (Sounds great! :lol:)

bassman
14-Aug-2013, 09:41 PM
Jon Bernthal is the only thing that worries me about this. Hopefully under Darabont's direction he'll bring his A-game and a better performance than TWD.

MoonSylver
14-Aug-2013, 11:17 PM
Jon Bernthal is the only thing that worries me about this. Hopefully under Darabont's direction he'll bring his A-game and a better performance than TWD.

:stunned: I thought the dude kicked ass in TWD...took a character who could have come off as Snidley Whiplash & made you feel for him on some levels...:confused:

MinionZombie
15-Aug-2013, 09:34 AM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li0sydr9ox1qgd17ro1_400.gif

:)

:stunned: I thought the dude kicked ass in TWD...took a character who could have come off as Snidley Whiplash & made you feel for him on some levels...:confused:

Agreed. Bernthal nailed the character and was able to turn an underused character from the original comic into a richly textured semi-villain who goes from Rick's favourite bro to damn-near his killer. His arc practically owns season 2.

bassman
15-Aug-2013, 01:56 PM
Bernthal was more like a Soap Opera actor in TWD. No range, annoying physical ticks, etc. Just not the same caliber of actor as everyone else. Especially Lincoln.

MoonSylver
15-Aug-2013, 03:58 PM
Bernthal was more like a Soap Opera actor in TWD. No range, annoying physical ticks, etc. Just not the same caliber of actor as everyone else. Especially Lincoln.

I know it's an opinion & all, but were we watching the same show...?:rockbrow:

MinionZombie
15-Aug-2013, 04:56 PM
I know it's an opinion & all, but were we watching the same show...?:rockbrow:

Colour me confused too :confused: ... I thought Bernthal was right up there with the best of them in the show.

Each to their own, I guess - fair do's.

shootemindehead
15-Aug-2013, 06:03 PM
Yeh, I'm kinda getting what Bassman is on about.

He was decent in the role and all, but there were times when I wasn't so sure.

MoonSylver
16-Aug-2013, 12:10 AM
I've come to the conclusion that nobody likes anything that anybody else likes, so it's all good. :lol:

Neil
16-Aug-2013, 08:08 AM
I've come to the conclusion that nobody likes anything that anybody else likes, so it's all good. :lol:

I don't like that comment!

ProfessorChaos
18-Aug-2013, 01:48 AM
i thought bernthal did a great job on the walking dead, and am very much looking forward to this show. will be tuning in for sure.

MoonSylver
19-Aug-2013, 12:38 AM
I don't like that comment!

And I don't like that reply! :elol: