PDA

View Full Version : Night of the living dead-Extra scenes WTF???

Shawn Wilcox
18-Aug-2013, 06:14 AM
So I watched the extra scenes from the 30th annerversity edition on YouTube the other night and damn that was pretty bad. Not only was the acting horrible but the picture didn't even look like it was filmed in 1968, looked very modern. What was the whole point of filming those extra scenes? Didn't add anything to the overall story.

Andy
18-Aug-2013, 09:55 AM
What was the whole point of filming those extra scenes? Didn't add anything to the overall story.

$$$$$

Neil
18-Aug-2013, 12:19 PM
^^^ Exactly!

Buzzbomb
18-Aug-2013, 10:45 PM
... but the picture didn't even look like it was filmed in 1968, looked very modern. What was the whole point of filming those extra scenes? Didn't add anything to the overall story.

I think the extra scenes may have been a way of trying to get back the copyright they 'lost' on the original, and if I remember correctly they used the original cameras / lighting for the new scenes.

The 30th anniversary DVD is pretty neat (with the original version & interviews etc), but I've only watched this butchered version once....

EvilNed
23-Aug-2013, 09:50 AM
What are you guys talking about? The 30th Anniversary Edition is the best thing that ever happened to us -of the Dead fans. It's so great and the addition of these scenes really heightens the experience in my mind.

I watch it and Children of the Living Dead back-to-back at least once a year.

Psyche.