PDA

View Full Version : World War Z (film) sequel

Neil
10-Sep-2013, 08:49 AM
http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/brad-pitt-confirms-he-is-working-on-world-war-z-s/320080

According to Variety, distributors Paramount are now pushing Pitt to make a sequel because World War Z was originally conceived as the first part of a three-film trilogy.

Asked about a sequel by Variety, Pitt replied: "We're certainly talking about it, yes. We have so many ideas on the table from the time we spent developing this thing and figuring out how the zombie worlds work. We gotta get the script right first to determine if we go further."

Meanwhile, Pitt's World War Z co-star Mireille Enos also confirmed she is keen to return depending on the script, saying: "We'll wait and see how the script turns out but yes, I'd love to come back."

EvilNed
10-Sep-2013, 09:52 AM
Co-star? What co-star? They were all forgettable.

Neil
10-Sep-2013, 10:00 AM
Co-star? What co-star? They were all forgettable.

Hopefully she can actually do something in a sequel?

Wyldwraith
25-Sep-2013, 12:02 PM
Told ya they'd sequel this craptastic debacle,
It made a bunch of money, which is all studios care about. I don't mind that so much, cuz at least they're honest about their greed. It's the mouthbreathers who not only paid full price at the theater to see this, but did so MORE THAN ONCE, and THEN bought the DVD or watched it off On Demand.

Movies these days don't suck because no one can make a good movie. They suck for the simple reason that moviegoers/DVD purchasers/On Demand viewers watch the garbage, making garbage movies very profitable, and thus removing any and all incentives to even try for quality control. If you can hire a crappy director, bottom of the barrel FX team, Z-grade camera teams and scriptwriters that shouldn't be allowed to write stock Sound Bytes for the Emergency Broadcast Network, and STILL make several hundred million dollars at a minimum, why should a studio go to the trouble and expense of getting top-end professionals to make their movie??? Answer? They shouldn't, because the majority will swallow whatever crapfest studios put out, much like a dog eating its own vomit.

AcesandEights
25-Sep-2013, 01:47 PM
Hopefully she can actually do something in a sequel?

You mean like other than wring her hands and look like she could use a B-12 mega-vitamin?

I actually like this actress in what I've seen her in, but this would most likely only work out well if a downturn in budget freed them up/forced them creatively to get back to a more thoughtful approach.

"You no doubt have heard the stories of the Zombie War, but let me tell you what it was really like..." :skull:

rongravy
25-Sep-2013, 10:56 PM
All I could think was: How does a guy like Brad end up with a hideous ginger like her?!?!?
I googled her, and actually saw some nice pics of her, but she was kinda fugly and anorexic in WWZ.

Ragnarr
26-Sep-2013, 12:04 AM
Told ya they'd sequel this craptastic debacle,
It made a bunch of money, which is all studios care about. I don't mind that so much, cuz at least they're honest about their greed. It's the mouthbreathers who not only paid full price at the theater to see this, but did so MORE THAN ONCE, and THEN bought the DVD or watched it off On Demand.

Movies these days don't suck because no one can make a good movie. They suck for the simple reason that moviegoers/DVD purchasers/On Demand viewers watch the garbage, making garbage movies very profitable, and thus removing any and all incentives to even try for quality control. If you can hire a crappy director, bottom of the barrel FX team, Z-grade camera teams and scriptwriters that shouldn't be allowed to write stock Sound Bytes for the Emergency Broadcast Network, and STILL make several hundred million dollars at a minimum, why should a studio go to the trouble and expense of getting top-end professionals to make their movie??? Answer? They shouldn't, because the majority will swallow whatever crapfest studios put out, much like a dog eating its own vomit.

Absolutely agree m8. It's like that on cable with the endless reality shows on channels that imo should not air them. History Channel and History 2 are the most notorious for airing craptastic reality shows that have nothing to DO with "history", yet the ratings are there so the crap continues to flow.

As far as a WWZ-2, where can they possibly go with the story now that Brad found the cure? The vaccine is only temporary? Will not likely watch the sequel here.

babomb
01-Oct-2013, 08:17 AM
All I could think was: How does a guy like Brad end up with a hideous ginger like her?!?!?
I googled her, and actually saw some nice pics of her, but she was kinda fugly and anorexic in WWZ. She looked even worse in The Killing. The show was great, but she looked like one of those women that doesn't want to be a woman. The kind that rarely brush their hair, wear no makeup, wake up and throw on the same clothes they wore yesterday, wipe their face off with a rag out of the kitchen sink and go.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely agree m8. It's like that on cable with the endless reality shows on channels that imo should not air them. History Channel and History 2 are the most notorious for airing craptastic reality shows that have nothing to DO with "history", yet the ratings are there so the crap continues to flow.

As far as a WWZ-2, where can they possibly go with the story now that Brad found the cure? The vaccine is only temporary? Will not likely watch the sequel here. They didn't make a vaccine. I thought it was just a camouflage that made the zombies uninterested in people that got it?