PDA

View Full Version : Monty Python's Holy Grail gets modern Hollywood trailer

Neil
12-Sep-2013, 09:16 AM
hKNDml12Big

shootemindehead
12-Sep-2013, 11:10 AM
Well done that and illustrates perfectly how generic the approach to films have become. This type of trailer editing could really be applied to any film and there's a possibility that it would work. I remember the days when most trailers were simple and made to give one the gist of the story. They were somehow better for that. The modern trailer puts me off of a lot of films.

Of course when the trailer format deviates a bit, the result can be good as well. The trailers for 'Alien' and 'Aliens' are perfect examples of a tightly edited trailer done right. I think I saw the trailer for 'Alien' when my mum took me to see 'Herbie Goes Banannas', or some godawful shite like that. I remember thinking fuck Herbie, I want see that!!! I had no idea what was going on, but I knew I wanted to see it. At that age though, I probably would have been bored stupid by it, if I'm honest.

bEVY_lonKf4

AW-7_HE98PY

I seem to remember the 'Aliens' trailer with no talking and starting at around the 0.20 mark. In other words it was done in a vein more similar to the 'Alien' trailer. I can't find that one on YouTube though.

Neil
12-Sep-2013, 01:04 PM
Any excuse to post Aliens is more than welcome IMHO... One of the best f***ing films ever made! Cameron was a God with this production!

shootemindehead
12-Sep-2013, 04:37 PM
Pity he couldn't keep it up :p

*Runs away*

*sends Ned in*

*Listens at the door*

MoonSylver
12-Sep-2013, 09:59 PM
:lol:

Pity I know Holy Grail so well or I could totally take that seriously. :)