PDA

View Full Version : World War Z (film) original ending

Neil
18-Sep-2013, 09:19 AM
Seems after shooting some of the more action orientated "Russian ending," they decided to go a quieter route.

"Basically in the original ending, after the Israel sequence and the plane crash, Gerry is in Russia, and the storyline of what he finds out at the WHO lab is what he finds in Russia but he applies his theory in a battlefield setting," Forster explained to Movies.com ahead of the film's release this week on Blu-ray. " We never finished that footage because we all agreed after Israel and the plane crash you’re battle fatigued and you really want the movie to be more quiet and you don’t want it to go into another huge combat situation" As Forster points out, some of the Russian battle sequence can be seen in the quick montage at the end of the film, but the complete sequence will never be seen. "I don’t think you’ll ever see the Russia sequence, because we never really finished it; we never spent the money to do the visual effects. Once we shot it and we did a rough cut, everyone agreed that this is too big and too exhausting, it would be better to go a simpler route."

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-You-Never-See-World-War-Z-Original-Ending-39464.html

AcesandEights
18-Sep-2013, 01:45 PM
So someday we'll see (or maybe it's already out there) leaked footage of incomplete sequences. Okay, definitely wasn't going to save the film, so I guess it doesn't matter.

MinionZombie
18-Sep-2013, 04:30 PM
After all the talk of the ditched finale, you'd have thought they'd do an assembly, even if it'd be incomplete, to put on the DVD/BR ... but nope. Perhaps a double dip special edition, eh? :p

bassman
18-Sep-2013, 05:39 PM
I would love for the movie to have a commentary track with Max Brooks....

Rancid Carcass
18-Sep-2013, 07:42 PM
I would love for the movie to have a commentary track with Max Brooks....

:lol:

It should start with him saying something like, "Hi, I'm Max Brooks, welcome to WWZ. Now this is what really happened..."

Then he should just read us his book!

MinionZombie
19-Sep-2013, 09:55 AM
:lol:

It should start with him saying something like, "Hi, I'm Max Brooks, welcome to WWZ. Now this is what really happened..."

Then he should just read us his book!

HA! YES! :lol::lol::lol:

I still ain't seen the movie... :D