PDA

View Full Version : Short films?

dracenstein
20-Sep-2013, 09:50 PM
Are there any decent websites which have short films to watch/download?

The first one I really became aware of was in the '70s, waiting for the main film (back then, there was 1 or 2 short films followed by the feature film, pity that doesn't happen anymore), anyway, it was a medieval film, a knight crossing a plague-infested countryside, finally fighting another knight, which turned out to be Death himself.

Others I want to see again is a BBC 10x10 film (The Recordist?) of a woman sound recordist recording sounds on a hill, then back in her house, she plays the sounds back and is surprised to hear a horse galloping closer then a voice calling out "Merlin". After replaying this twice more, a hooded figure appears in her room (Bernard Archard, I believe) and takes the tape away. The woman then asks him to say something, so he puts a new tape on the machine, takes a tuning fork and rings it and as it rings, Merlin whispers into the microphone. Film ends with the woman sitting at the sound machine, earphones on, trying to find Merlin's voice on the tape.

The next two I saw on BSB before it merged with Sky, one was of a woman's monologue after a car crash and we saw her face from several angles and the reveal was she was decapitated in accident and her head was still alive and conscious before her brain dies of oxygen starvation. The other was a man kidnapped by two escaped convicts and the end was he was covered in petrol and a sparking electricity pylon (where it all started) a spark flashes towards him.

Anybody else have memorable short films they would like to mention?

slickwilly13
12-Oct-2013, 02:20 AM
I found this short film. A full length movie was made, too.

V_u2fnh7lgQ