PDA

View Full Version : A very old and negative review of Day

Neil
30-Sep-2013, 04:09 PM
Siskel and Ebert Movie Review: Day of the Dead - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvYzHp-gTPE&t=1m10s

kidgloves
30-Sep-2013, 05:44 PM
Thats not far from the way I felt when I walked out of the cinema all those years ago. I've since realised, like many others, that my problem was expecting Dawn 2.
IMHO Day is a GOOD film.

wayzim
30-Sep-2013, 10:36 PM
Thats not far from the way I felt when I walked out of the cinema all those years ago. I've since realised, like many others, that my problem was expecting Dawn 2.
IMHO Day is a GOOD film.

IMHO, each film in the original trilogy just got better, and the character of Sarah? She should rank up there with the likes of Lt. Ridley and Sarah Connor ... absolutely. I had a serious fan boy crush on Lori Cardille for the longest time - and I'm smiling just thinking about that.

Wayne Z

Geordie9
14-Oct-2013, 10:25 PM
what a load of rubbish that bloke talks. Day is up there with Dawn for me!

Neil
16-Oct-2013, 02:15 PM
what a load of rubbish that bloke talks. Day is up there with Dawn for me!

Yep, over the years I've come to like it more and more :) I think it's aged well!

krisvds
16-Oct-2013, 02:27 PM
Day of the dead is not only the best in romero's original trilogy, it is one of the finest horror films ever made.
Nothing in the genre since has come even remotely close apart from maybe The Dead in all its bleakness.

bassman
16-Oct-2013, 02:40 PM
While I love, love, LOVE Dawn, Day is my favorite of the trilogy.

Mike70
16-Oct-2013, 03:25 PM
Day of the dead is not only the best in romero's original trilogy, it is one of the finest horror films ever made.
Nothing in the genre since has come even remotely close apart from maybe The Dead in all its bleakness.

Preach on. Day is head and shoulders above the other flicks. it is a thoughtful (which is what ruins it for a lot of people) look at human group psychology. It is a fabulous movie for the way it explores how people react under conditions that are beyond anything expected.

I really like the way zombies disappear entirely from the movie for what, 40 mins or so if not longer?? and the film turns its focus squarely on the human characters and their interactions.

- - - Updated - - -

While I love, love, LOVE Dawn, Day is my favorite of the trilogy.

*crosses eyes*
"hey Bassman, got any cigarettes?"

kidgloves
16-Oct-2013, 05:55 PM
Noooooooo. Dawn is the best. :p

Fight. Fight. Fight :p

I must admit, I really enjoyed watching the new Collectors Edition of Day. Pic is outstanding, even with the colours ramped up to max.
Its growing on me more and more. Richard Liberty just oozes class throughout.

bassman
16-Oct-2013, 07:16 PM
*crosses eyes*
"hey Bassman, got any cigarettes?"

His response to Stephen's "Straight up" is probably the greatest acting in the history of cinema...

shootemindehead
16-Oct-2013, 08:04 PM
I can just imagine George...

"OK...take 142....oh fuck it, forget it, we'll go with that"

How anyone could think that 'Day of the Dead' was a bad film is totally beyond me and I am always blown away by negative reviews of the film. Even when I saw it as a kid, I could figure out that it was something really special.

Mike70
17-Oct-2013, 12:49 PM
Noooooooo. Dawn is the best. :p

Fight. Fight. Fight :p

I must admit, I really enjoyed watching the new Collectors Edition of Day. Pic is outstanding, even with the colours ramped up to max.
Its growing on me more and more. Richard Liberty just oozes class throughout.

if you really want to start a fight, simply assert that "Land" is the best of the lot. :lol:

kidgloves
17-Oct-2013, 03:18 PM
if you really want to start a fight, simply assert that "Land" is the best of the lot. :lol:

Land IS growing on me as well :D:rockbrow:

Or maybe Im just going senile :shifty:

Geordie9
18-Oct-2013, 11:29 AM

hahahahaha