PDA

View Full Version : Howdy folks, anyone miss me?

JDFP
06-Oct-2013, 11:21 PM
So, it's been awhile. I haven't been on HPoTD in probably close to a year. I needed a break for awhile - I realized I was getting a wee bit too political and allowing things that shouldn't get to me to, well, get to me. Sometimes you need to take a clean break away from a place for awhile. I've been busy this last year out IRL (in the real world). As others can state here, it's good to have a break from this internet world from time to time.

Things go well for me - I paid off my car (my gorgeous C5 Corvette, her name is Eden) and I bought my first house here in the last month. I freakin' love my house. It's an older home (I wouldn't want to live in a new place, no character there) in the countryside with plenty of space for me. Getting internet hasn't been the easiest thing in the world, but AT&T were, fortunately, able to hook me up after about 3 weeks of Comcast screwing me over. I've found myself sitting out on my great big balcony porch and reading a tremendous amount the last month since I've moved here (just finished "Dr. Sleep" by Stephen King and posted a thought or two on a thread regarding it). I'm actually working on getting myself out of debt and have set up a 24 month plan to do just this - so keeping my fingers crossed nothing major happens between now and then. Work goes very well - I earned my third week of vacation this year for hitting my fifth year so I've been able to belay some stress through having some extra days to take off from time to time during the year. Working in the student loan industry can be rewarding at times in helping kids go to college (I'm doing most of the financial aid office work for an upscale overpriced Philadelphia private university now, ahem no names mentioned) but it can also be highly stressful at times.

I logged into the site today and noticed there were 30 pages worth of new posts. Hah, I guess that's what you get when you're gone for awhile, eh? It'll probably take me awhile to get back into the swing of things. I'm glad to see that the board has been busy while I've been gone and that membership is productive as things had been fairly slow when I bowed out for a bit. I'm glad the site is going strong. I hope to be participating some going forward after taking my well-needed breather from things.

j.p.

Mr. Clean
07-Oct-2013, 02:12 AM
Welcome back!

MinionZombie
07-Oct-2013, 08:55 AM
Welcome back into the fold, Sir, and glad to hear things have been going well IRL.

It's a case of peaks and troughs on the forum - we've mostly talked-out everything there is to talk about regarding the GAR movies, but whenever The Walking Dead rolls around we've got fresh meat to chew on - even between seasons battles of opinion rage :D - and there's always some movie, tv show, videogame, book, or random event to mull over elsewhere on the forum, so it's good we've got a nice variety of topics to keep things interesting. We may not be going a thousand miles an hour here, but it's nice that way - it's not just a bunch of random strangers and a barrage of noise, it's our cosy little corner of the internet where we can sing praises and complain to our heart's content. :D

Neil
07-Oct-2013, 08:59 AM
You have a C5? Wow!

0EQetm_qWDg

Publius
07-Oct-2013, 10:30 AM
Welcome back, JP!

AcesandEights
07-Oct-2013, 04:02 PM
Hey, JP! Oddly enough a topic came up in conversation last week that reminded me of one we had on HPotD a while back. Glad to hear you're doing well, man.

You're just in time for the annual TWD season premiere and all its attendant fun! Not to mention it's the start of scary movie season :)

MoonSylver
08-Oct-2013, 12:18 AM
Wecome back! I drank a couple (nine) PBR's last week, & you were the first person I thought of. :lol:

shootemindehead
08-Oct-2013, 07:59 AM
You have a C5? Wow!

0EQetm_qWDg

Ha...I can just see that rolling down the road on Gay Street. :p

Oh and welcome back JP.

JDFP
08-Oct-2013, 04:04 PM
Wecome back! I drank a couple (nine) PBR's last week, & you were the first person I thought of. :lol:

Pish, lightweight. :p

j.p.

- - - Updated - - -

Ha...I can just see that rolling down the road on Gay Street. :p

Oh and welcome back JP.

You know Knoxville? One of the main highways here is actually called Gay St.

And thanks to the warm welcomes back from everyone, I'm glad everyone is doing groovy.

j.p.

bassman
08-Oct-2013, 04:08 PM
Welcome back, fellow souverner. You should bring yourself down to Atlanta tonight and catch Dawn on the big screen with me. :)

JDFP
08-Oct-2013, 04:45 PM
Welcome back, fellow souverner. You should bring yourself down to Atlanta tonight and catch Dawn on the big screen with me. :)

Argh, it's extremely tempting, J-man. We could definitely plan something for a weekend sometime. If I didn't have to work at 8:30 in the morning I would be there. You know, I used to live in Atlanta for about a year back in 2007 - 2008 - I lived in the apartment complex on Satellite right behind Gwinnett Arena. I was literally right behind the arena, which made things interesting.

j.p.

MoonSylver
08-Oct-2013, 06:41 PM
Pish, lightweight. :p

I take mega-dose of anti-depressents, so I'm a cheap drunk now. ;)

shootemindehead
08-Oct-2013, 09:33 PM
You know Knoxville? One of the main highways here is actually called Gay St.

Only by proxy JD. My wife heads over there from time to time with work. So I'm quite familiar with it. Never been myself though. Maybe next time.

Mr. Clean
09-Oct-2013, 07:42 AM
I take mega-dose of anti-depressents, so I'm a cheap drunk now. ;) and a lousy lay :p

bassman
09-Oct-2013, 02:13 PM
Argh, it's extremely tempting, J-man. We could definitely plan something for a weekend sometime. If I didn't have to work at 8:30 in the morning I would be there. You know, I used to live in Atlanta for about a year back in 2007 - 2008 - I lived in the apartment complex on Satellite right behind Gwinnett Arena. I was literally right behind the arena, which made things interesting.

Well I've got a perfect excuse for you now....

In about a month's time Atlanta is hosting the Walker Stalker Convention( http://www.walkerstalkercon.com/guests/ ). TONS of Walking Dead stars, Greg Nicotero, Judith O'dea from Night, Lennie Lies(machete zombie) and Mike Christopher(Hari Krishna zombie) from Dawn, Eugene Clark(Big Daddy) from Land, Giancarlo Esposito(Gustavo Fring) from Breaking Bad, Danielle Harris(haven't you said she's one of your crushes?), Kane Hodder(Jason Vorhees), Zach Galligan from Gremlins, etc.

And the guy that organized the Dawn screening last night is also organizing this convention and told me that while it hasn't been announced, just this week they got Andrew Lincoln(Rick) from TWD. It's nearly ALL the stars of TWD.

First round at the bar is on me!

MoonSylver
09-Oct-2013, 03:38 PM
and a lousy lay :p

You never complained before. :lol: :fin: :moon: :nana: