PDA

View Full Version : What 3 movies would u remake if you could?? (that havent been done yet)

Geordie9
20-Oct-2013, 08:17 PM
Apologies if its already been done but im just curious to what movies people would like to see remade. Im not really a fan of remakes although i suppose there is a few decent ones.

Mike70
20-Oct-2013, 09:34 PM
The Gorgon - a Hammer flick from the 60s. christopher lee, peter cushing, etc. one of my fav. movies ever but i wouldn't mind seeing the Gorgon done with modern special effects.

Logan's Run- I am one of the biggest Logan's Run fans on planet earth (even have a copy of the tv show) but for some reason, i wouldn't mind seeing another version done. maybe one that is a bit closer to the book.

I Walked with a Zombie - another classic flick that i wouldn't mind seeing a new version of.

Legion2213
28-Oct-2013, 09:23 PM
The Gorgon - a Hammer flick from the 60s. christopher lee, peter cushing, etc. one of my fav. movies ever but i wouldn't mind seeing the Gorgon done with modern special effects.

Logan's Run- I am one of the biggest Logan's Run fans on planet earth (even have a copy of the tv show) but for some reason, i wouldn't mind seeing another version done. maybe one that is a bit closer to the book.

I Walked with a Zombie - another classic flick that i wouldn't mind seeing a new version of.

The Logan's Run TV series was fantastic, I enjoyed it more than the film.

MinionZombie
02-Nov-2013, 05:05 PM
Hmmm ... not sure if I can come up with three, but I certainly know of one I would remake:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0Tpg35kbkRw/UCvnZTY6CeI/AAAAAAAAAqg/hVnZEjTM-EI/s1600/Drive+In+Massacre+Vipco+R2+DVD+Cover+Art.JPG

Drive-In Massacre:
http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/you-know-what-movie-should-be-remade.html

I wrote a whole thing about it there on my blog, so I've said my piece on why I'd want to remake it, but yeah - that's one I'd definitely want to do.

There's been so many remakes (many of them unnecessary, too) that there isn't really an awful lot left for a wish list ... hmmm...

Staredge
02-Nov-2013, 11:30 PM
http://blogs.wavy.com/files/2013/06/world_war_z_poster.jpg

Mr. Clean
03-Nov-2013, 02:11 PM
LOL @ World War Z

My pick:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/66/Transformers07.jpg

http://www.freecodesource.com/movie-poster/51vsNxFb8hL/-Transformers:-Revenge-of-the-Fallen.jpg

http://cinemaknifefight.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/transformers-dark-of-the-moon-movie-poster.jpg

Michael Bay's Transformer Movies suck so much ass and offer so little to die hard transformers fans. Makes me sick....

MoonSylver
03-Nov-2013, 03:32 PM
Although it is an absolute classic, & doesn't NEED remade, I would love to see a remake of "Them!" with modern special effects, IF they kept it as a period piece to keep that "army men vs giant ants" vibe intact. :)

Publius
09-Nov-2013, 10:14 PM

Yes! That would be awesome. Apparently a remake has been in the works since the mid-90s, per Wikipedia, with multiple changes of screenwriter, director, etc. over the years.

I'd like to see a remake of Starship Troopers that bears some resemblance to the book.

Legion2213
10-Nov-2013, 09:07 PM
Yes! That would be awesome. Apparently a remake has been in the works since the mid-90s, per Wikipedia, with multiple changes of screenwriter, director, etc. over the years.

I'd like to see a remake of Starship Troopers that bears some resemblance to the book.

The original movie worked in it's own way...like Robocop, it had a "comics/graphic novel" feel to it and was the right choice for it's times.

I know the novel is a different beast, but I liked the film and enjoyed it.

Staredge
11-Nov-2013, 12:00 AM
Starship Troopers was the World War Z of science fiction: Fantastic book, complete pile of shite movie.

wayzim
14-Nov-2013, 11:25 AM
Starship Troopers was the World War Z of science fiction: Fantastic book, complete pile of shite movie.

I respectfully disagree ( and the Heinlien novel was my favorite must read among this former kid's list of young man coming of age stories. Right up there with Jack London & the lot. ) as the movie was a decently rendered down homage, san powered ape suits. If someone decides to remake it closer to the source material, I would not be unhappy, but the original was a fun popcorn film with the trademark winks at politics.

Currently, with Game of Thrones and George R.R. Martin running a bloody campaign across cable TV, I'd like to see someone take a stab at redoing an earlier story of his: Nightflyers.
No, this wasn't the Stephen King vampire short about an undead pilot ( The Nightflyer. ) but a sort of Haunted House in Space ( done up SF style ). It had been done as a small budget 80's film ( with Catherine Mary Stewart( Night of The Comet & The Last Star Fighter ) and Michael Praed (who played The Elephant Man on stage before David Bowie ever got hold of it. )
I really like the original movie, but it could do with an update I think.

Wayne Z

krisvds
14-Nov-2013, 03:26 PM
Me too. Verhoeven's Starship Troppers is a satire and wonderfully subversive. Apart from being a violent action film it's also very (left wing) political. Just like Robocop come to think of it.
I can understand it's not to everyone's taste though as it's so in your face.

blind2d
16-Nov-2013, 05:28 AM
Oh wow, tough question.
Really I think with a bigger budget, Peter Jackson's 'Bad Taste' could be remade well, as long as they keep it fun.
Secondly, 'The Great Race'. Purely because I'm sick of always seeing the original, and that Leslie fella drives me up the wall.
Last but not least, 'Tank Girl'. Y'know, make it good this time.

wayzim
16-Nov-2013, 10:26 AM
Oh wow, tough question.
Really I think with a bigger budget, Peter Jackson's 'Bad Taste' could be remade well, as long as they keep it fun.
Secondly, 'The Great Race'. Purely because I'm sick of always seeing the original, and that Leslie fella drives me up the wall.
Last but not least, 'Tank Girl'. Y'know, make it good this time.

Yah, I know what you mean about Tony Curtis as The Great Leslie being annoying, but that was intentional. Still, the vision of Natalie Wood in her old timey undies is happily not an effect easily duplicated for this former kid here :D
And who would be better than Jack Lemmon as Prof Fate ... or Peter Falk as his flunky, Max? Then there's Ross Martin ( the original Artemis Gordon from The Wild Wild West TV series ) ... and is it obvious I loved this movie? Put it on a double billing with The Assassination Bureau (Oliver Reed, Diana Riggs, and Telly Savalas ) and I'm in movie buff heaven.

Wayne Z
"Push the button, Max! " I still love that line.

blind2d
16-Nov-2013, 12:45 PM
Alright Zim, alright... Geez. I know it's a classic and a great movie and all. And I've seen it at least three times, so I can see why, but I dunno it's just not my cup of tea I guess. But what about the other two on my list?

wayzim
16-Nov-2013, 03:58 PM
Alright Zim, alright... Geez. I know it's a classic and a great movie and all. And I've seen it at least three times, so I can see why, but I dunno it's just not my cup of tea I guess. But what about the other two on my list?

Bad Taste? As much as i hate to admit it, I haven't seen that one yet. I'm turning in my Horror fanboy badge even as I say this. But let Jackson have another massive budget, three plus hours of running time, and see what he can do with an update. Tank Girl? A fun goof of a movie, and Naomi Watts as the nerdy yet sexy sidekick? That girl seriously carbonated my hormones even back then. Sure, let's remake it, give it to Joss Whedon for the script, Brian Singer directed and Chris Nolan produced. Jennifer Lawrence as Tank Girl, and Abigail Breslin as her trusty mechanic. Oh, and CGI Anthro-roos with Andy Serkis handling the motion capture and voice work.

Way Zim

blind2d
16-Nov-2013, 07:00 PM
Ohmigosh yes! You really read my mind on the 'Tank Girl' remake.
And you gotta see Bad Taste. It's like Braindead, but even lower budget, and you get a real feel for New Zealand in it.

Mike70
18-Nov-2013, 01:35 PM
Although it is an absolute classic, & doesn't NEED remade, I would love to see a remake of "Them!" with modern special effects, IF they kept it as a period piece to keep that "army men vs giant ants" vibe intact. :)

if this were a contest, this might well be a winner. "Them!", if done right, could be one of those "fun ride" kind of films.

Tricky
19-Nov-2013, 07:09 PM
Stephen Kings "It", very much deserving of a remake if it stuck far more closely to the book and included a lot of scenes that didn't make it in to the TV movie version.

Trin
19-Nov-2013, 08:42 PM
Oh lordy no! The original cannot be outdone! The characters, the acting, the cheesy-ness, the effects, the one-liners!! One of my favorite movies to torture friends with. I expect Jackson would prefer the movie get lost. But a remake? No chance it'd be better than the original.

"Them" would be a fun movie to see redone.
"The Black Hole" would be good with updated special effects and a more inventive plot.

What about "The Warriors" as a remake? *dives into a bomb shelter till the fan-rage subsides*

MinionZombie
20-Nov-2013, 08:34 AM
No way, "The Warriors" wouldn't work ... it'd just be lame as a remake. The film is so entrenched in that particular time, in that particular version of New York. It's iconic.

They did release a "director's cut" version of it, but all that was different was there were these pointless 'comic book transitions' between scenes as well as some up-their-arse pre-film text about ancient warriors or some bollocks.

blind2d
20-Nov-2013, 03:04 PM
Oh lordy no! The original cannot be outdone! The characters, the acting, the cheesy-ness, the effects, the one-liners!! One of my favorite movies to torture friends with. I expect Jackson would prefer the movie get lost. But a remake? No chance it'd be better than the original.

"Them" would be a fun movie to see redone.
"The Black Hole" would be good with updated special effects and a more inventive plot.

What about "The Warriors" as a remake? *dives into a bomb shelter till the fan-rage subsides*

Ah Trin, you know just what to say.
Total agreement about 'The Black Hole'.
I would've said 'It', but that's technically not a movie, so pfft.

Publius
21-Nov-2013, 09:34 AM
Me too. Verhoeven's Starship Troppers is a satire and wonderfully subversive. Apart from being a violent action film it's also very (left wing) political. Just like Robocop come to think of it.

Wow, how original -- a left-wing politically subversive movie out of Hollywood. Just like, oh, everything Sean Penn has been involved with since Fast Times at Ridgemont High? ;) A real breath of fresh air would have been seeing the movie actually reflect the less-conventional (for Hollywood) political views in the novel.

Gaucha Z
21-Nov-2013, 01:09 PM
That would be awesome!! Agreed

Geordie9
21-Nov-2013, 04:35 PM
Bad Taste couldnt be remade, its one of them movies that just fit the way it is, the bad acting, the cheesiness of the story, its a classic!!

ProfessorChaos
22-Nov-2013, 11:51 PM
http://blogs.wavy.com/files/2013/06/world_war_z_poster.jpg

bravo, sir.

i can't really think of three off the top of my head, but i would have to agree about a period-piece remake of "them" as well as a mars-attacks film set in the sixties done by anybody other than tim burton.