PDA

View Full Version : X-Men: Days Of Future Past (film)

Neil
29-Oct-2013, 02:23 PM
Let's hope it's as good as it can be!

pK2zYHWDZKo

MinionZombie
30-Oct-2013, 07:48 PM
That looks kick arse to me! Properly epic. I'm looking forward to checking it out. :cool:

It'll be good to have Singer back on board (X3 was full of action, but devoid of anything else that made X1 and X2 good). The last X-Men movie was rather good too, I enjoyed that one quite a lot, so I'm very much looking forward to this follow-up.

Neil
30-Oct-2013, 08:21 PM
Did I detect time travel nonsense in there?

MoonSylver
30-Oct-2013, 11:29 PM
Did I detect time travel nonsense in there?

Considering the whole "Days of Futures Past" storyline is ABOUT time travel, uh, yeah... :confused:

Still trying to figure out how they got Professor X back in from being disintergrated...

Legion2213
31-Oct-2013, 03:07 AM
Considering the whole "Days of Futures Past" storyline is ABOUT time travel, uh, yeah... :confused:

Still trying to figure out how they got Professor X back in from being disintergrated...

It's the Marvel Universe...to quote Arnold J Rimmer from Red Dwarf "death isn't the handicap it used to be in the olden days. It doesn't screw your career up the way it used to."

MoonSylver
31-Oct-2013, 10:13 PM
It's the Marvel Universe...to quote Arnold J Rimmer from Red Dwarf "death isn't the handicap it used to be in the olden days. It doesn't screw your career up the way it used to."

Well...yeah...it's just that the movies seemed a "little" more grounded in "reality" than the comics, & they way they did it seemed fairly conclusive. I have no doubt they'll come up with a clever explanation of some kind, just, y'know... :confused:

clanglee
01-Nov-2013, 07:22 PM
Well in the after credit scene of the travesty that X3 was, Xavier wakes up in the body of that dude in the vegitative state. Now how it is that he still looks like himself. . .. . who knows.

AcesandEights
18-Nov-2013, 04:59 PM
Reshoots confirmed (http://www.calgaryherald.com/entertainment/movie-guide/returns+Montreal+reshoots/9177608/story.html)!

Oh, dear...

Neil
18-Nov-2013, 06:06 PM
Reshoots confirmed (http://www.calgaryherald.com/entertainment/movie-guide/returns+Montreal+reshoots/9177608/story.html)!

Oh, dear...

Not necessarily bad news... I mean look what it did for World War Z.... oh!

"the second-most expensive movie ever produced by Hollywood studio 20th Century Fox, behind only Avatar." - W O W !

Neil
21-May-2014, 08:44 AM
+ve review - http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/xmen-days-of-future-past-review/

Dancing between the fun and the all-out ridiculous with surprisingly nimble feet, X-Men: Days of Future Past is an absolute blast.

rongravy
24-May-2014, 05:36 AM
Just got back from seeing it. Wow, wow, and more wow. So much going on that I need to see it again, after I see the new Sandler movie, of course.
The stuff going on between the past and the future, loved how they did it.
The deaths of the XMEN several times was kind of shocking. Iceman gets his head taken off and Colossus gets ripped in half by the Sentinels one of the times they die. Everyone gets wiped out. Also, the end credits scene with Apocalypse... Don't know much about him, but I'm stoked.
Anyhoo, trying not to spoil, spoil, spoil, but tis hard to do. I'm giving this an A+. I may have to do this in 3D next time, and I can't wait to add it to the collection.

Neil
05-Jun-2014, 08:52 AM
Hmmm... I enjoyed it, but for me it did feel a little bit formulaic and going by the numbers...

follyu
01-Aug-2014, 10:17 AM
I am still waiting for a dvd print to release online.

rongravy
06-Sep-2014, 05:47 AM
Just saw it again. We were going to see the new Transformers movie, but there wasn't a late showing. I also thought about Malificent, but I hate that hag...
We opted for this once more. I saw alot of things I didn't the first time. Still enjoyed the hell out of it, even though Charles acts like a little bitch through most of it.
Guessing it's out on blu ray soon because it's at the discount theater. Yay for me.