PDA

View Full Version : The Zombies on TV Thread

Andy
11-Jul-2006, 07:01 PM
We need a thread just to list Zombie films which are gonna be TV soon!

i'll start us off, there's one called Zombie Island Massacre.. never heard of it myself but its got zombie and massacre in the title! its got to be good! :confused:

its on Zone Horror (channel 321) tonight at 2:45am.

Debbieangel
11-Jul-2006, 07:43 PM

i'll start us off, there's one called Zombie Island Massacre.. never heard of it myself but its got zombie and massacre in the title! its got to be good! :confused:

That's a GREAT idea but maybe ya need to put something like what network or channel and state example: Scifi channel 65 at 9:00 o'clock Pennsylvania for instance. What do ya think? Is Zone Horror a station?

Andy
11-Jul-2006, 07:45 PM
That's a GREAT idea but maybe ya need to put something like what network or channel and state example: Scifi channel 65 at 9:00 o'clock Pennsylvania for instance. What do ya think? Is Zone Horror a station?
its a uk TV station :p

same time all over the country, we fit in one time zone :p

MinionZombie
11-Jul-2006, 09:44 PM
lol, dinky little Britain eh...

I recorded Zombie Island Massacre a few weeks ago (when it was called The Horror Channel ... "Zone Horror" is so gay, at least call it "Horror Zone", geez!) ... still haven't gotten around to watching it though and probably never will, just another one added to the collection, ha!

Debbieangel
11-Jul-2006, 09:47 PM
its a uk TV station :p

same time all over the country, we fit in one time zone :p

Hey Andy:.....:p

Deadman_Deluxe
19-Jul-2006, 06:45 PM
Cool thread! Can i have some rep now please? ;)

DjfunkmasterG
21-Jul-2006, 03:12 PM
Shaun of the Dead is on HBO ONDEMAND all this month. So if you have a US cable provider with ONDEMAND, then you can watch Shaun of the Dead.

KingStoph
28-Jul-2006, 09:25 PM
i got that film sitting on my Sky+ box and havnt got round to watching lol :D

AND!! Zombies on TV..

BIG BROTHER!! There all midless retards lol! :p

MinionZombie
25-Aug-2006, 09:47 PM
For those that ain't seen yet, Land of the Dead is now showing on Sky Movies (UK). Started tonight at 10pm on ch301, so expect to see it trotting out every now and then up until at least Christmas.

Shame they only gave it 2 stars, but then again, whoever rates the movies literally has absolutely no idea what they're doing. Some utter shockers have gotten 4 and actual, genuine cinematic classics have shuffled in with 2. So ignore Sky's piss-poor reviewing techniques, and chillax to some 21st century GAR!

LandonGabriella
05-Sep-2006, 10:04 AM
Why did your prodigal summate her migraine? To get to the kinder gird.
*Spam is not tolerated here, link removed by MZ*
I'm not interested in my adamant demolition. Give me a ragged papilloma that wenchs raucously any day. Hey Joe Sebok, don't be near.

general tbag
05-Sep-2006, 02:42 PM
LandonGabriella
Banned
Banned

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: pwned !!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cody
06-Sep-2006, 12:34 AM
i dont get what was so funny...maybe i missed something...

day of the dead usually comes on the sci fi channel in america HEAVILY edited

Andy
09-Oct-2006, 02:13 AM
uk guys, dawn of the dead (original, not remake) is on livingTV right now.

BUTCHYPIE
01-Nov-2006, 12:12 AM
Hope you're watching your G4TV right now. Mark Borchardt and Mike Schank (from American Movie and Coven fame) are hosting Night of the Living Dead with live re-enactments, GAR commentary and all kinds of goodies…

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g5/garyadams_cnla/g4tv_NOTLD.jpg

http://www.g4tv.com/nightofthelivingdead/index.html

* In Wisconsin? Want to See Night of the Living Dead Live with Mark and Mike?
Go to N57W15940 Bette Drive, Menomonee Falls WI 53051 tonight from 7 to 10 PM!
* Special commentary from groundbreaking writer/director and horror movie legend George Romero
* Mark and Mike's attempt to produce the first ever LIVE horror film with help from local Milwaukee-ites auditioning for parts in the movie
* The TV debut of one of Mark's original short films "I Blow Up"
* A haunted tour of Milwaukee, with Mark, Mike and Richard (our New York cabbie) pointing out and critiquing the local Halloween yard scenes
* Clips of Mark's latest project, "Scare Me"
* Get Mike's CD at AmericanMovie.com!

scotty Boy
03-Nov-2006, 12:27 PM
For those of you who enjoy the Evil dead films and live in the UK. Evil dead 2 is on the Sci-Fi channel tonight at i think 22:00.

I have this on video but have never seen it, so im sure i wont be watching tonight either.

MinionZombie
03-Nov-2006, 02:16 PM
You haven't seen Evil Dead 2?! :eek:

Damnit man, don't waste anymore time, see it! You've seen Evil Dead 1 right? :dead:

bassman
03-Nov-2006, 02:17 PM
I haven't seen "Evil Dead 2", either.:shifty:

*runs for cover*

scotty Boy
03-Nov-2006, 02:32 PM
You haven't seen Evil Dead 2?! :eek:

Damnit man, don't waste anymore time, see it! You've seen Evil Dead 1 right? :dead:

*Gulps* no i havent. But if its highly recomended i shall watch it either tonight or tommorow. Its been sitting on my shelf for a couple of years and i haent even thought about watching it. So shameful i know

MinionZombie
03-Nov-2006, 02:33 PM
*head falls off*

My GAR ... how can you people live with yourselves?! :eek:

If you've seen Evil Dead, that's basically 100% horror. Evil Dead 2 is basically 50/50 horror/dark comedy and Evil Dead 3 is basically 20/80 horror/dark comedy.

Evil Dead 2 is a rather enjoyable film, classic Bruce Campbell and old school Sam Raimi, watch it tonight, make a night of it.

scotty Boy
11-Nov-2006, 09:46 PM
Horror Channel for UK at 22:45 (10 mins) Death valley : the revenge will be shown

Plot Outline: When a group of college kids stumble upon a small abandoned town of Sunset Valley, they must fight a band of Zombies led by a Confederate soldier seeking retribution for his grisly execution.

EDIT:

The same movie is on again tonight at about the same time. I watched it last night and to be honest it was nothing special. Kind of like children of the dead on a desert town.

Anyway if you watch it i hpe you enjoy it

raym
28-Nov-2006, 07:40 PM

Zone Horror???

We need this where I am!!!

o_O;

BUTCHYPIE
28-Nov-2006, 09:38 PM
http://www.scifi.com/deadanddeader/

Dead and Deader (Premieres Dec. 16) 9/8C in the U.S.

In this action-comedy, a Special Forces officer (Dean Cain, Lois & Clark) becomes part human and part zombie. As a contagion spreads, transforming people into flesh-eating members of the undead, he must race to halt the pandemic before it's too late. John Billingsley (Star Trek: Enterprise), Armin Shimerman (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) and Dean Haglund (The X-Files, The Lone Gunmen) also star.

http://www.scifi.com/deadanddeader/images/dead_02.jpg

Danny
29-Nov-2006, 01:03 AM
is there anything dean cain wont star in to get a few more minutes air time on the sci fi channel?:lol:

coma
29-Nov-2006, 04:20 AM
is there anything dean cain wont star in to get a few more minutes air time on the sci fi channel?:lol:

He wasn't in Mansquito

ssbib
09-Dec-2006, 12:51 PM
We deffinately need a Zombie TV programme. How amazing would that be?

fartpants
27-Dec-2006, 05:09 PM
i know its not strictly a zombie film............. but i love evil dead 2 its got loads of gore and loads of laughs........ it rocks my world

Graebel
27-Dec-2006, 06:54 PM
http://www.scifi.com/deadanddeader/

Dead and Deader (Premieres Dec. 16) 9/8C in the U.S.

In this action-comedy, a Special Forces officer (Dean Cain, Lois & Clark) becomes part human and part zombie. As a contagion spreads, transforming people into flesh-eating members of the undead, he must race to halt the pandemic before it's too late. John Billingsley (Star Trek: Enterprise), Armin Shimerman (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) and Dean Haglund (The X-Files, The Lone Gunmen) also star.

http://www.scifi.com/deadanddeader/images/dead_02.jpg

I got fifteen minutes in and would have let a zombie eat my brain. Dean Cain with flabby man boobs....:dead:

Andy
02-Jan-2007, 06:03 PM
*UK Folk* shaun of the dead is on ITV2 tonight at 11:10pm

Pothatuu
28-Jan-2007, 12:53 PM
The only Zombie films they show here are Shaun of the Dead 9Which I've seen too many times) and Dawn of the Dead (the crappy remake)

Woe is me.

ghostzombie
20-Feb-2007, 09:32 PM
This Friday, 2/23 at 8p.m. on CBS, "Ghost Whisperer" staring hottie Jennifer Love Hewitt features a ghost possesing a dead person and gong to prom. Sounds like fun. Biff from back to the future is also in it, but not as a zombie.

Debbieangel
21-Feb-2007, 12:18 AM
This Friday, 2/23 at 8p.m. on CBS, "Ghost Whisperer" staring hottie Jennifer Love Hewitt features a ghost possesing a dead person and gong to prom. Sounds like fun. Biff from back to the future is also in it, but not as a zombie.

Thanks for the "heads up" I love that show. I did see previews it does look doesnt it? This show is worth watching!!

raym
08-Mar-2007, 02:39 PM
I have yet to watch this hsow, although it does sound cool. Is it scary?

And BIFF??

Wow...

What has he been up to all these years.

I'll IMDB it right now, lol.

:skull:

panic
29-May-2007, 10:20 AM
Check out LIFELESS (http://www.lifelesstheseries.com/), an in-production zombie TV series. Trailer looks quite promising.

/panic

raym
16-Jun-2007, 04:44 PM
Lifeless looks awesome!

Didn't I actually hear that the first zombie series is being made by Fangoria? Something about a SWAT team that specializes in zombie-killing.

LivingDeadBeat
07-Jul-2007, 11:15 PM
Zone Horror can be quite good at times, but some of the films on it are just terrible. I have quite a lot of zombie films on DVD so I'm not missing anything if any of the Dead series are on.

darth los
07-Jul-2007, 11:26 PM
Zone Horror can be quite good at times, but some of the films on it are just terrible. I have quite a lot of zombie films on DVD so I'm not missing anything if any of the Dead series are on.

Truth be told, not much outside th gar universe is not worth losing sleep over if you miss it.

Yojimbo
18-Jul-2007, 11:20 PM
Check out LIFELESS (http://www.lifelesstheseries.com/), an in-production zombie TV series. Trailer looks quite promising.

/panic

Oh dude, that looks so cool. Too bad GAR never got his zombie series greenlit!

MissJacksonCA
17-Aug-2007, 04:10 AM
Not that i'm not totally excited about the possibility of a zombie tv series I just wonder if it will actually make it to my television... aaaaaand of course the teaser kinda sounded a bit like that book 'august' and sounded a bit like a mix of zombie movies past...

Yojimbo
01-Sep-2007, 01:38 AM
*head falls off*

My GAR ... how can you people live with yourselves?! :eek:

"My GAR"

Dude, that rocks! I love that! I'm going to have to borrow that for usage in my daily language.

"In GAR We Trust"

"One Nation Under GAR"

"You blew it all up!!! GARdamn you all to hell!"

BUTCHYPIE
08-Oct-2007, 09:21 PM
The Flesh Eaters -- On AMCtv
Sat Oct 20 @ 3:45AM | 2:45C
Sun Oct 28 @ 5:15AM | 4:15C

Although not a Z movie, Romero is quoted as saying that "The Flesh Eaters" was one of the major influences he had while writing NOtLD.

More info on The Flesh Eaters (http://movies.amctv.com/movie?showID=MV000054850000&title=The%20Flesh%20Eaters&pageNav=synopsis)

The Fog -- On AMCtv
Tue Oct 23 @ 12PM | 11C
Wed Oct 24 @ 12AM | 11C
Sat Oct 27 @ 12:30PM | 11:30C
Sun Oct 28 @ 1AM | 12C
Sun Oct 28 @ 9AM | 8C

This is the original version of "The Fog." To some, it's a ghost story, but to me, they're salty zombies. Worth checking out to see Adrienne Barbeau and Jamie Lee Curtis.

More info on The Fog (http://movies.amctv.com/movie?showID=MV000054450000&title=The%20Fog&pageNav=synopsis)

There are lots of other great horror films playing this month on AMCtv. I didn't want to be off-topic, so I'm posting the link below:

More Horror on AMCtv in October (http://movies.amctv.com/movies?movieCat=Horror)

DubiousComforts
08-Oct-2007, 11:35 PM
The Flesh Eaters -- On AMCtv
Sat Oct 20 @ 3:45AM | 2:45C
Sun Oct 28 @ 5:15AM | 4:15C

Although not a Z movie, Romero is quoted as saying that "The Flesh Eaters" was one of the major influences he had while writing NOtLD.

More info on The Flesh Eaters (http://movies.amctv.com/movie?showID=MV000054850000&title=The%20Flesh%20Eaters&pageNav=synopsis)
I highly recommend The Flesh Eaters. No doubt that this movie along with the 1963 Japanese horror film Matango were the unlikely inspiration for Gilligan's Island. Just look at each film's cast of shipwrecked characters:

Matango: a skipper, a first mate, a millionaire, a pop singer (movie star), a professor, the professor's student (the girl next door), and a writer.

The Flesh Eaters: a skipper (a pilot), a movie star, the movie star's assistant (the girl next door), a professor, and a beatnik (who happens to look exactly like Gilligan).

The Flesh Eaters didn't pull many punches when it came to imaginative gory deaths. One guy is tricked into eating the flesh-eating bacteria which burns its way out of his stomach in viscous black & white photography.

Believe it or not, another highly gory film for its time is 1964's Horror of Party Beach. Check it out.

BUTCHYPIE
09-Oct-2007, 03:50 AM
http://www.ifc.com/ifc/img/310x229_dayofthedead.jpg

"Day of the Dead" 10-26-2007 on IFCtv
at Midnight and again at 3:15 a.m.

Note, every film on IFCtv is UNCUT.

suicide22
12-Oct-2007, 02:28 PM
Great.

BUTCHYPIE
19-Oct-2007, 08:20 PM
OCTOBER 30, 2007 ON SCIFI CHANNEL (all times EST)
0800 Night of the Comet
1000 House of the Dead
1200 House of the Dead 2
1400 Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis
1600 Return of the Living Dead: Rave to Grave
1800 Route 666
2000 Resident Evil
2300 Legion of the Dead (Mummies - which aren't really zombies, to me)

OCTOBER 31, 2007 ON SCIFI CHANNEL (all times EST)
0800 Night of the Living Dead (original recipe)

NOVEMBER 1, 2007 ON SCIFI CHANNEL (all times EST)
0300 All Souls Day
1900 Unrest (not sure if Z or not; per IMDB, "a dead cadaver in the hospital morgue... is killing off all those who handle or desecrate the body.")

NOVEMBER 3, 2007 ON SCIFI CHANNEL (all times EST)
0300 Death Valley: Revenge of Bloody Bill

- - - - -

Also of note, there's something called "Degrassi of the Dead" on Noggin on 10-31-07 at 9:00 PM: "Genetically modified foods turn the Degrassi students into zombies." Just had to point that one out for all you Degrassi fans.

- - - - -

G4TV to "Remix" NOTLD to Night of the Tripping Dead (10-31-2007)

"Night of the Tripping Dead" is a remixed, overdubbed version of the original NOtLD.

It's similar to "Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Alien, Flesh Eating, Hellbound, Zombified Living Dead Part 2: In Shocking 2-D," if you're familiar.

Funny funnies.

There's video here:

http://www.gamespot.com/users/groggle990/video

Clipped from G4TV:

G4 Presents Fright Night!

Hey you... yeah, in the clothes, with the teeth... BOO! We gotcha, didn't we? Good. So, look here, 'fraidy pants. G4 has something special planned for you. It’s called Fright Night and it’s coming this Halloween!

The night begins with a special seasonally-themed Attack of the Show. Then, X-Play brings you an all-new spooky episode, followed by their popular, “Scariest Games of all Time” installment.

Don't think the scares stop there. See G4's reworking of George Romero’s classic horror film, Night of the Living Dead, which we’re calling Night of the Tripping Dead! It should really set your skin all a-tingle. For those of you who haven't died of fright at that point, we offer a unique inside look into a master of horror’s work with Icons: Eli Roth.

So, get your candy and check out Fright Night this Halloween. It all starts at 7 PM ET.

-- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**THE REST OF THIS POSTING IS ABOUT LAST YEAR'S SPECIAL**

By the way, if you missed last year's 2006 Halloween LIVE Night of the Living Dead G4TV special, you missed something cool. However, G4 has clips up for your viewing enjoyment:

NOTLD LIVE on G4TV (http://www.g4tv.com/nightofthelivingdead/videos/index.html)

G4TV HALLOWEEN 2006 -- Mark Borchardt and Mike Schank (from American Movie and Coven fame) are hosting Night of the Living Dead with live re-enactments, GAR commentary and all kinds of goodies…

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g5/garyadams_cnla/g4tv_NOTLD.jpg

http://www.g4tv.com/nightofthelivingdead/index.html

* In Wisconsin? Want to See Night of the Living Dead Live with Mark and Mike?
Go to N57W15940 Bette Drive, Menomonee Falls WI 53051 tonight from 7 to 10 PM!
* Special commentary from groundbreaking writer/director and horror movie legend George Romero
* Mark and Mike's attempt to produce the first ever LIVE horror film with help from local Milwaukee-ites auditioning for parts in the movie
* The TV debut of one of Mark's original short films "I Blow Up"
* A haunted tour of Milwaukee, with Mark, Mike and Richard (our New York cabbie) pointing out and critiquing the local Halloween yard scenes
* Clips of Mark's latest project, "Scare Me"
* Get Mike's CD at AmericanMovie.com!

Neil
08-Aug-2008, 02:09 PM
Lifeless looks awesome!

Didn't I actually hear that the first zombie series is being made by Fangoria? Something about a SWAT team that specializes in zombie-killing.

So a year+ on, I assume 'Lifeless' is dead!? :(

Yojimbo
13-Aug-2008, 06:51 PM

Say it aint so!

Bub666
14-Aug-2008, 03:41 AM

That sucks.:(

Neil
14-Aug-2008, 07:44 AM
That sucks.:(

Well, it may still be alive, but there's been no news about it for a year now...

Bub666
14-Aug-2008, 03:56 PM
Well, it may still be alive, but there's been no news about it for a year now...

If there hasn't been any news on it for a year,it's dead.

panic
15-Aug-2008, 05:14 AM
There's some hope. They recently tweaked their homepage ... AGAIN ... although no new content, it seems there webmaster is still ALIVE and kicking.

darth los
31-Aug-2008, 01:34 AM
They're showing Gangs of the DEAD on the movie channel tonight at 11:30.

Bub666
31-Aug-2008, 02:53 AM
They're showing Gangs of the DEAD on the movie channel tonight at 11:30.

I'am going to record it,and watch it later.But it looks like it's going to be bad.

I just got done watching Gangs of the DEAD,and it was horrible.Why am I not surprised?

DawnGirl27
24-Sep-2008, 11:30 PM
Bub, saw Gangs of the Dead in the video rental store a couple days ago, and the cover art turned me off. Glad to know I didn't miss anything...

Bub666
24-Sep-2008, 11:37 PM
Bub, saw Gangs of the Dead in the video rental store a couple days ago, and the cover art turned me off. Glad to know I didn't miss anything...

Yeah,it was on the sci-fi channel a few weeks ago.And I watched it,because I'll give any zombie movie a chance.It was such a horrible zombie movie.It made me want to throw up.

:hurl:

rommel_uk
12-Jul-2009, 07:37 AM
As posted on this site, there were rumors about a new t.v series based around the films of the living dead series. These rumors were actualy true but has anyone heard anymore about it ? ie has filming begun ? is there still going to be any made ? if so when is it due for release ?:sneaky:

carpetbeggar
15-Aug-2009, 04:54 PM
As posted on this site, there were rumors about a new t.v series based around the films of the living dead series. These rumors were actualy true but has anyone heard anymore about it ? ie has filming begun ? is there still going to be any made ? if so when is it due for release ?:sneaky:

GREAT NEWS!!!!!

Not sure if this has already been posted here but Robert Kirkman's awesome comic "The Walking Dead" has just been picked up to be turned into a TV series for the channel AMC. "Shawshank Redemption" director Frank Darabond has been put in charge to adapt the comic to TV.
Here's a link to the article:
http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/film/article6796372.ece

The comic is simply brilliant and IMO the best comic going right now. This is MAJOR news for zombie fans.

MikePizzoff
24-Aug-2009, 08:55 PM
GREAT NEWS!!!!!

Not sure if this has already been posted here but Robert Kirkman's awesome comic "The Walking Dead" has just been picked up to be turned into a TV series for the channel AMC. "Shawshank Redemption" director Frank Darabond has been put in charge to adapt the comic to TV.
Here's a link to the article:
http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/film/article6796372.ece

The comic is simply brilliant and IMO the best comic going right now. This is MAJOR news for zombie fans.

WOW! You should start a devoted thread to this! I bet Frank Darabont will do an awesome job with this.

Rottedfreak
22-Sep-2009, 04:48 PM
I hope The Walking Dead isn't a adaptation, I think a mini series featuring the exploits of various characters preceding the comic would be better, they have some interesting backgrounds.
If it is a adaptation, some of the stuff might not fly like Andrea, Dale and Rick may be pristine from bloody encounters, Otis being a racist may be unnacceptable, Lori AND Judy may escape woodbury's massacre and Rachel, susie and Tyreese may meet gentler ends.
also The Walking Dead should only be a subtitle if it's about a new set of characters in another corner of the world.

MurderHappyGoul
03-Oct-2009, 07:13 AM
has anyone heard about AMC FearFest '09 showing a "digitally restored" version of NOTLD68 for the first time on Halloween several times in a row starting at 6pm. which version are they airing?

kidgloves
30-Aug-2011, 09:28 PM
Death Valley was on MTV last night.

http://www.mtv.com/shows/death_valley/series.jhtml

Exactly as expected. Not very good but i did chuckle a few times so i'll keep watching.

I think my tastes are getting worse as i get older :stunned: