PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who (TV Series) - Day of the Doctor

Andy
22-Nov-2013, 07:52 AM
Tomorrow!! :hyper:

Any other whovians on here getting psyched up? I watched the 6 minute night of the doctor and the drama about william hartnell last night too.

Heard tom baker is going to make an appearence in the day of the doctor!! :hyper:

:hyper:

Neil
22-Nov-2013, 09:01 AM
This is going to have massive viewing figures!

Rancid Carcass
22-Nov-2013, 09:03 PM
This is going to have massive viewing figures!

The simultaneous global broadcast will bump them up a fair bit, but it is going up against the X-Factor in dear old Blighty, it will probably lose 1/2m to that. X-Factor usually pulls 9 or 10m, I can't see them tuning in to see the Doc, anniversary or not. It will be the most watched thing on iplayer ever though!

Kaos
23-Nov-2013, 06:58 PM
I watched An Adventure in Space and Time last night, and I loved it. I'm DVRing the Doctor Who: Day of the Doctor so I can watch it tomorrow.

blind2d
24-Nov-2013, 03:03 AM
Same here for your first part, Kaos. Very cool little film. Daleks kick ass as always. Good idea. I should've done that.

Rancid Carcass
24-Nov-2013, 12:01 PM
I can't see them tuning in to see the Doc, anniversary or not.

Okay, lol, it battered the X-Factor. Damn British public making me look like a mug! Thank goodness!! :D

MinionZombie
24-Nov-2013, 12:33 PM
I wasn't looking forward to it, really - the last few years of Dr Who have been a really mixed bag (some great, too many terrible or simply "meh") ... but I was pleasantly surprised. I really quite enjoyed it, and it had some pretty weighty moral dilemma stuff in there too, which I rather liked. It gave the show a sense of gravitas and importance that wasn't the usual approach of 'overblow something daft' - here, the sense of importance and drama really worked and felt entirely appropriate for the overall themes in the script.

Watched it in a double-bill after "An Adventure in Space and Time", which I thought was a cracking piece of drama. It reminded me of why I liked the show in the first place, in spite of too many shoddy episodes outweighing the good ones in recent years.

In the anniversary special I was pleased to see they shot some of it at Chepstow Castle, which I've been to a few times. I even made a little short film of it:

-JSyYOHmJkA

shootemindehead
24-Nov-2013, 01:29 PM
Dr Who, for me, begins and ends with Tom Baker, even though I was quite young still when he changed over to Peter Davidson. I couldn't get into Davidson, cos he was the doctor on 'All Creatures Great and Small'. It didn't make sense to me at that age. I tried to watch a few Colin Baker ones, but I thought he was too much of a c*nt. But, I'd probably like him more now. I can't stand any of the new ones.

I started watching the Tom Baker ones again (and for the first time, if that makes sense) on Dailymotion.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsfbyd_robot-part1_shortfilms

Christ, there's some awful bollocks ones though.

Rancid Carcass
24-Nov-2013, 02:31 PM
I tried to watch a few Colin Baker ones, but I thought he was too much of a c*nt. But, I'd probably like him more now.

You need to watch this NOW! It is pure genius...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03lv3mj/The_Five%28ish%29_Doctors_Reboot/

:cool:

shootemindehead
24-Nov-2013, 07:12 PM
:mad:

I can't watch anything on the BBC iPlayer, cos I'm a smelly mick.

:(

Andy
25-Nov-2013, 09:31 AM
Dr Who, for me, begins and ends with Tom Baker, even though I was quite young still when he changed over to Peter Davidson. I couldn't get into Davidson, cos he was the doctor on 'All Creatures Great and Small'. It didn't make sense to me at that age. I tried to watch a few Colin Baker ones, but I thought he was too much of a c*nt. But, I'd probably like him more now. I can't stand any of the new ones.

I started watching the Tom Baker ones again (and for the first time, if that makes sense) on Dailymotion.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsfbyd_robot-part1_shortfilms

Christ, there's some awful bollocks ones though.

Yeah i think its universally agreed colin baker was maybe the worse doctor of them all, but while i loved tom baker i also loved peter davison. He was the first young and energetic doctor and inspired alot of the later doctors.

:mad:

I can't watch anything on the BBC iPlayer, cos I'm a smelly mick.

:(

Get firefox then get a browser add-on called anonymoX.

bbc iplayer will work now :)

shootemindehead
25-Nov-2013, 09:59 AM
Cheers Andy.

Just watched that there Andy, using the anonymox thing. Very funny. Nice to see to old lads taking the piss out of themselves.

Cykotic
02-Dec-2013, 02:13 AM
I was at an event next to the ExCel centre at a pub called The Fox and they were running an all day Doctor Who piss-up. When Tom Baker showed up, the whole room erupted in so much joy and happiness....

I don't care what anyone thinks of the episode, I got to see the Time War (something I've wanted to see since it was first mentioned!)

also, Does this mean that Gallifrey still exists? Are the Time Lords still around? What the hell is going on?

Andy
02-Dec-2013, 10:15 PM
Ive had a ball with the 50th anniversary, the day of the doctor.. the five(ish) doctors and an adventure in space and time where all amazing!

And yep cykotic, they've set it up so that galifrey could come back.. i have a feeling capaldi's doctor will restore galifrey personally :)