PDA

View Full Version : instead of that hows this...

DEAD BEAT
12-Jul-2006, 09:51 PM
i think that now the buzz is going around about the new day,id like to see them film it according to george romero's original script!
which if anyone has read it such as i have would be the better way to go!

i dont think they should create there own story line,because then it will be as if they are starting a new trilogy which would be insulting to george romero(my thoughts):o

Purge
12-Jul-2006, 10:30 PM
Good idea. Rather than a remake, how about a "reworking" in the vein of Cronenberg's version of "The Fly"?

Philly_SWAT
13-Jul-2006, 03:21 AM
I would rather see new filmmakers do something new and original instead of constantly rehashing older works, especially works of others. If someone wants to make a new "zombie" movie, I would wish they would make a new explanation, new set of rules, a whole new "universe bible". There are plenty of new ways that a movie could be made without using 'Romero's rules'. I mean, would you want to see someone other than GEorge Lucas make a series of movies set in the Star Wars universe? I wouldnt.

Pushead Jim
13-Jul-2006, 01:38 PM
I mean, would you want to see someone other than GEorge Lucas make a series of movies set in the Star Wars universe?

maybe someone else would could make a "good" star wars film instead of the drivel lucas has fed us the last three and a half films.:lol:

bassman
13-Jul-2006, 02:26 PM
maybe someone else would could make a "good" star wars film instead of the drivel lucas has fed us the last three and a half films.:lol:

Three and a half?:rockbrow:

They won't do anything original with this "Day" remake. It's obvious by their casting that they will go the same way as "Dawn04" and hand us another thoughtless summer teen flick. With track star zombies, i'm sure.:mad:

Tullaryx
13-Jul-2006, 02:43 PM
Three and a half?:rockbrow:

They won't do anything original with this "Day" remake. It's obvious by their casting that they will go the same way as "Dawn04" and hand us another thoughtless summer teen flick. With track star zombies, i'm sure.:mad:

Makes you wonder if in that remake universe if Carl Lewis and the other Olympic-level sprinters still keep their top speed as zombies. Would be very advantageous in outrunning their feollow zombie sprinters for the nearest walking food bag.

AssassinFromHell
13-Jul-2006, 02:51 PM
i think that now the buzz is going around about the new day,id like to see them film it according to george romero's original script!

i dont think they should create there own story line,because then it will be as if they are starting a new trilogy which would be insulting to george romero(my thoughts):o

Yes, and we could have Nick Cannon be John, and like some of the rumors I've seen on the internet, Ving Rhames as Bub. Maybe we could be even bigger geniuses and get Matt Damon as Rhodes!

...I don't want them to do George's old script. Why? Because this company is going to screw this movie to hell. Casting has already been ruining things. Nick Cannon? The guy who wrote Final Fantasy is writing this? I smell a MTV kiddie flick like DAWN 04. I mean, look at the rip-off "teaser" poster they had.

Jim Dudelson+Day of the Dead=SUCKFEST! (see Contagium for details)

Danny
13-Jul-2006, 03:12 PM

i dont think people may like the start as most romero fans are resi fans and the resident evil book caliban cove is a lot like the soldier zombies storyline and people may say its a rip off, though not many.:bored:

DEAD BEAT
13-Jul-2006, 06:27 PM
i agree with the fact that new directors should take a stabe at the genre,
but please change the titles!!!

im always up for new films but the only thing dawn04 had incommon with the original is the mall,i wish if new movies come out start your own dam story line and not to use classic titles as a catapult!!!:mad:

coma
13-Jul-2006, 06:33 PM
If GAR owns the oriignal script he probably wouldn't let them use it.
Bub doing jumping jacks and wind sprints.Oh Boy!