PDA

View Full Version : Hope You're Wearing Sweatpants Today, Bassman! (Lego Ghostbusters)

ProfessorChaos
30-Jan-2014, 08:31 PM
get ready to randy marsh all over yourself, bassman:

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2014/01/30/lego-to-make-official-ghostbusters-set/

my nephew is getting into lego sets big-time lately. may have to pick this one up for him when it hits store shelves....i don't think he's even aware of the ghostbusters yet, so this would be a good way to introduce him to "ghosts and ghostbusting", as larry king would say.

http://cuusoo.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/e7dbe/df127/9825e/5fa52/e4826/0d19c/e33d0/b2084/thumb640x360.jpg

Neil
30-Jan-2014, 09:40 PM

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2014/01/30/lego-to-make-official-ghostbusters-set/

my nephew is getting into lego sets big-time lately. may have to pick this one up for him when it hits store shelves....i don't think he's even aware of the ghostbusters yet, so this would be a good way to introduce him to "ghosts and ghostbusting", as larry king would say.

Wish my son was into Lego - It's Xbox 24/7 for him :(

ProfessorChaos
30-Jan-2014, 09:44 PM
^

well, to be honest, my nephew is mainly into lego now because he was introduced to them through the lego video games. he's got lego star wars and both lego batman games for the wii.

my gf bought me the lego marvel superheroes game on my xbox, and trust me, when he comes over, that's the first thing my nephew wants to do. it is a pretty fun game, though. also, we really don't have any toys for kids over here, aside from our two dogs. i do have a collection of action figures, but they are all unopened in their packaging still (michael meyers, mars attacks martians, dawn of the dead, heisenberg, etc) so he is a bit young to appreciate those.

slickwilly13
30-Jan-2014, 10:16 PM
Does this mean we will see a Lego Ghostbusters game?

ProfessorChaos
30-Jan-2014, 11:09 PM
^

i highly doubt it. lego games usually have numerous characters with unique abilities to unlock objectives and puzzles to advance through chapters of the game. there's really not enough variety in characters to justify developing a lego game. plus, there's already a full-retail ghostbusters game released a few years back.

Neil
31-Jan-2014, 09:07 AM

http://cuusoo.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/e7dbe/df127/9825e/5fa52/e4826/0d19c/e33d0/b2084/thumb640x360.jpg

That vehicle has lights? Would that make it the first lego model to include lights?

shootemindehead
31-Jan-2014, 03:55 PM
Wish my son was into Lego - It's Xbox 24/7 for him :(

I wonder where he got that from.

AcesandEights
31-Jan-2014, 04:12 PM
And not a peep from Bassman...think he's been trying to figure how to pre-order since the announcement?

And what's the over/under on the number of units Bass will buy? :)

Neil
31-Jan-2014, 05:03 PM
I wonder where he got that from.

Never touch the XBox myself... Hate consoles! And I've built more of his lego models than him :(

$hit I've even bought some nifty lights and modded the Lego millenium falcon we (I) built so it has front/rear (engine) lights :o

shootemindehead
31-Jan-2014, 05:08 PM
I meant his mother.

Trancelikestate
01-Feb-2014, 09:21 PM
Haha. You guys are highlarious. I haven't bought a set of lego's in a long long time obviously, but I'll get these! So stoked! It's such a great year to be a GB fan. 30th anniversary celebration bitches!

Legion2213
02-Feb-2014, 04:52 PM
And not a peep from Bassman...think he's been trying to figure how to pre-order since the announcement?

And what's the over/under on the number of units Bass will buy? :)

Having problems typing with his heavily blistered hands? :D

Lego probably is the coolest thing on the planet (unless you are treading on it, then it's not so cool)

ProfessorChaos
02-Feb-2014, 09:52 PM
Lego probably is the coolest thing on the planet (unless you are treading on it, then it's not so cool)

yikes! that brings back many memories. lego sets were a big part of my youth and having several younger brothers, lego sets were being purchased in our house for decades...and many a time i recall stepping on a stray piece. ouch indeed.

Neil
03-Feb-2014, 08:52 AM
Lego probably is the coolest thing on the planet (unless you are treading on it, then it's not so cool)Try kneeling on it! Try making the piece you kneel on one of the big wheels pin upwards!

Try then standing up in agony with the wheel still "pinned" in place!

bassman
04-Feb-2014, 01:17 PM
Highly inaccurate. :p

My kid would like it more than me, but I'll no doubt have to pick it up.

ProfessorChaos
04-Feb-2014, 01:52 PM
from what i gathered, that pic is actually of the fan-made build that was voted by the lego fans and community to get the company to produce the set. they have said that the actual set will most likely look different.

bassman
04-Feb-2014, 01:55 PM
Yeah, Lego will modify it to make it more cost effective. They did the same thing with the Back to the Future Time Machine set released a little while back.