PDA

View Full Version : RIP Ralph Waite (John Walton)

Neil
14-Feb-2014, 12:47 PM
The Waltons is a guilty pleasure of mine, and I used to love watching it as a kid. Bye John Walton! Sounded like a nice guy!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26185124

"Ralph was a good honest actor and a good honest man," said Michael Learned, who played his on-screen wife Olivia.

"He was my spiritual husband. We loved each other for over 40 years. He died a working actor at the top of his game.

"He was a loving mentor to many and a role model to an entire generation."

An ordained Presbyterian minister, social worker and former Marine, Waite turned to acting in the early 1960s.

shootemindehead
15-Feb-2014, 11:55 AM
Ain't no guilt about lad.

'The Waltons' will always be a great show and deservedly so. Also remember watching a Charles Bronson film called 'Chato's Land' and Ralph Waite was in it. He was a real bollocks as well. Totally wrecked my opinion of John Walton. :D

I remember as a kid watching 'The Waltons' and 'The Beachcombers' was on just before it. Anyone remember that?

ENMOwXwRTZU

Geordie9
15-Feb-2014, 08:47 PM
Goodnight Papa,

Neil
16-Feb-2014, 08:13 AM
I remember as a kid watching 'The Waltons' and 'The Beachcombers' was on just before it. Anyone remember that?

ENMOwXwRTZU
Holy $hit! I remember the music and the look, but NOTHING about that series at all!!!

shootemindehead
17-Feb-2014, 09:11 AM
Yeh, I remember very little about it too, except for music, the logs at the start, the greek guy, Relic and an Indian lad named Jesse.

I wouldn't imagine that any of the stories were that memorable.

Neil
17-Feb-2014, 09:37 AM
Yeh, I remember very little about it too, except for music, the logs at the start, the greek guy, Relic and an Indian lad named Jesse.

I wouldn't imagine that any of the stories were that memorable.

Well, they were obviously doing something right with 387 episodes made over 18 years!!!

...although the theme tune took a huge turn for the worse by series 18!

_qtEAGxuYO8

shootemindehead
17-Feb-2014, 09:16 PM
holy Jaysus that's bloody awful

Looks like 'Home and Away' or some nonsense like that.

Sometimes dead is bettah

http://www.iconsoffright.com/PetSemetary/PET_SEMATARY-6.jpg