PDA

View Full Version : Guardians of the Galaxy (film)

Neil
19-Feb-2014, 08:17 AM
pTZ2Tp9yXyM

rongravy
19-Feb-2014, 12:06 PM
Caught the trailer last night before bed. Looks hilarious and super awesome. Hurry up, August 1st!!!

bassman
19-Feb-2014, 12:41 PM
Looks like a blast. Definitely Marvel's riskiest move yet and may pay off to be their best film yet.

Hopefully the next trailer will reveal some more of the plot for general audiences and have dialogue from Rocket and Groot.

MinionZombie
19-Feb-2014, 05:03 PM
I'm not clued up on the source material at all, so I'm just purely going on the trailer - looks like a lot of fun, and a bit of a shake-up from all the handsome square-jawed Americans punching generally foreign bad guys in the face (as much fun as that usually is from Marvel and others, there just seems to be sooooo much of it at the moment) ... looks and feels a bit more fresh, a bit more playful.

I thought Green Lantern sucked though (albeit, yes, not from Marvel), so I was concerned about how wacky this might look (spacey stuff, weird looking characters etc), but this looks like a shedload of fun. :cool::thumbsup::)

EvilNed
19-Feb-2014, 10:42 PM
As a company, Marvel insists on churning out average films every other weekend. This, at least, looks amusing.

shootemindehead
19-Feb-2014, 11:51 PM
I just don't get the fascination with Marvel at all.

bassman
21-Feb-2014, 11:05 AM
As a company, Marvel insists on churning out average films every other weekend. This, at least, looks amusing.

I just don't get the fascination with Marvel at all.

I agree with you guys. Marvel films, while not necessarily BAD, have just been rather generic and lacking any sort of special spark. That's the reason I'm looking forward to Guardians. At least they're trying something a little different and rather than super heroes, these characters are just thieves/bounty hunters running through space....

- - - Updated - - -

Poster:

http://www.joblo.com/posters/images/full/gotg-poster.jpg

"You're welcome." :lol:

Neil
17-Jun-2014, 09:05 AM
Getting more interested!

3CqymRQ1uUU

bassman
17-Jun-2014, 12:40 PM
Love the comedic bits at the end! :)

I heard recently that Thanos will make an appearance in "Guardians". He was the purple guy in the post credits sequence of The Avengers and is being set up to be the "ultimate" bad guy for Avengers 3.

rongravy
17-Jun-2014, 08:23 PM
Skeet, skeet, skeet!!!

Neil
08-Jul-2014, 08:37 AM
TU0X-xfj-rQ

EvilNed
08-Jul-2014, 04:39 PM
Honestly, I'm already sold on this. I'm not gonna watch any extended trailers on it - i want it all in the theathers.

Neil
09-Jul-2014, 10:33 AM
Honestly, I'm already sold on this. I'm not gonna watch any extended trailers on it - i want it all in the theathers.
I'm getting more and more +ve about it!

EvilNed
09-Jul-2014, 11:13 AM
It's interesting - when I first heard the idea I can't stress how indifferent I was to it. Now? Heck, I'd say it's the one film I'm looking forward to the most this summer.

rongravy
10-Jul-2014, 03:54 AM
It's interesting - when I first heard the idea I can't stress how indifferent I was to it. Now? Heck, I'd say it's the one film I'm looking forward to the most this summer.
I know. A guy that I see around a place I work at sometimes usually asks me what movies are coming out, and that's the only one in my head.
I'm super stoked.

follyu
12-Jul-2014, 07:38 AM
Trailer looks pretty descent. Fingers crossed for the movie.

Neil
22-Jul-2014, 09:23 AM
EzI-U1Fh9zc

MinionZombie
22-Jul-2014, 09:49 AM
Too many clips, too many trailers. I think they've sold this movie enough as it is.

I wish Hollywood would stop doing this - how about not trailing a movie more than a year in advance? Or how about spacing out the trailers further during that long, extended, gargantuan lead-in time, and how about not showing the whole thing before people have seen the actual movie in it's proper running order and context?

I've stopped watching trailers for this. It makes me wonder if they're going to suffer a Prometheus-style hype-train derailment ... hopefully not, and Prometheus didn't deserve it either as that's a bloody good movie, but the studio were idiots for showing so much of it off and hyping it so much ... morons.

rongravy
23-Jul-2014, 12:43 AM
Too many clips, too many trailers. I think they've sold this movie enough as it is.
Yeah, they had me with the original teaser they released wayyyyy back.
However...
I'm a glutton once I get the bug for something. I will say that extended trailer was pretty huge. I probably should have skipped it, but I couldn't help myself. I will say I still have a good feeling about this movie, as in I'm not sure you could spoil it, other than spilling the ending. Anyhoo...
The movie looks even more awesome. Bradley Cooper sounds nothing like himself, which is fine by me. Really haven't seen much of Michael Rooker, though. He posted a pic recently of him in makeup, but that's about all I've even seen of him. Weird.
Saw the green chick in Out of the Furnace the other day. Not bad, and she's a cutie. I saw an interview with her where she mentions being in makeup for a few hours or so. How long does it take to paint someone green, anyway?!?
August 1st, please hurry. I'm sure I will gush over this movie, but you never know. Hindsight hasn't kicked in yet...

Neil
26-Jul-2014, 10:17 PM
+ve review at AICN - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/68169

rongravy
01-Aug-2014, 04:43 AM
Amazing movie. Just got home from seeing it, and I have to be up in about 4 hours, but I just wanted to share that much. I had alot of flaming hoops to jump through to get to this, but it was all worth it. I will share those trials and tribulations later.
I loved everything about this movie, and gush gush gush...
Don't want to spoil anything, and I may just see it again this weekend. I would love to see it even outdo The Avengers, though I doubt it, but it was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better. I can't believe we have to wait 3 years for another one.
I saw this in a packed house, and everyone cheered, yeehawed, and cried together. It could make a shit ton of dough, and I hope it does.
A+.

bassman
02-Aug-2014, 09:56 PM
I agree with Ron. Guardians lives up to the hype and then some. An incredibly fun two hours at the movies. All the characters are spot on, the laughs keep coming, the dramatic elements ring true, etc etc. It's really amazing that Marvel took a chance on this off-the-wall "superhero" movie and made it work so well. It stood a big chance of being a failure but they nailed it down perfectly. I can't wait to see where they take these characters from here. Easily the best and most fun Marvel film yet. 8/10

For those that have seen it - the after credits sequence:
Marvel isn't seriously going to try rebooting Howard the Duck, are they??? They took a big chance with Guardians, but taking a chance on Howard is just insane. Surely this scene was just for the fans? Whatever it is, it works and all the comic fans in the house were cheering.

Neil
02-Aug-2014, 10:05 PM
Question? My 7yr daughter? She very bright, but doesn't like scary monsters, eg Voldemort in Harry Potter?

This film OK for her or not?

bassman
02-Aug-2014, 10:08 PM
Question? My 7yr daughter? She very bright, but doesn't like scary monsters, eg Voldemort in Harry Potter?

This film OK for her or not?

Hrmmmm....I wouldn't say there are really any very scary monsters in Guardians. A few could possibly tip toes on the border of scary for her, but I think she should be fine. There are so many light-hearted and comedic elements involved with the different aliens and monsters that I don't think she'd find it scary at all. If she can watch something like say Star Wars, then she's fine.

Neil
03-Aug-2014, 06:20 AM
Hrmmmm....I wouldn't say there are really any very scary monsters in Guardians. A few could possibly tip toes on the border of scary for her, but I think she should be fine. There are so many light-hearted and comedic elements involved with the different aliens and monsters that I don't think she'd find it scary at all. If she can watch something like say Star Wars, then she's fine.

OK - I'll think about it... :)

Eyebiter
03-Aug-2014, 12:25 PM
Question? My 7yr daughter? She very bright, but doesn't like scary monsters, eg Voldemort in Harry Potter? This film OK for her or not? The initial dramatic sequence might be traumatic for small children. After the Marvel logo though should be fine. PG-13 movie which means lot of action and explosions with minimal gore. http://parentpreviews.com/movie-reviews/guardians-of-the-galaxy

AcesandEights
03-Aug-2014, 12:52 PM
Damn, I loved it!

Great tone to the film, tons of fun and good laughs. It definitely stuck with me in a fun way and made me smile this morning when I woke up and remembered having watched it last night.

EvilNed
16-Aug-2014, 05:31 PM
Good film! I enjoyed it. I'll elaborate later - but on the whole it was a big blockbuster film with a big heart, which is a lost art these days it seems (Man of Steel, WWZ, Godzilla anyone?).

Neil
28-Aug-2014, 01:09 PM
Robert Downey Jr:-

[Guardians of the] Galaxy in some ways is the best Marvel movie ever - and it’s odd for someone with, on occasion, an ego the size of mine to actually say that!

TBH, I think Iron Man 1 was fantastic, and the story definitely far superior to Galaxy. But poor plot aside, Galaxy did have some great mojo!

rongravy
28-Aug-2014, 07:54 PM
This is one time I'm going to wholeheartedly agree with him. Guardians was THE SHIT. The sucky part is waiting 3 more years for the next one.