PDA

View Full Version : Movies that used Night of the Living Dead (1968)

Devoy Peters
25-Feb-2014, 04:36 AM
If you're a fan of Night of the living dead, then you're probably like me and have noticed the movie playing in the background of a completely different movie.

Halloween II (NOTLD is playing in the background throughout this movie) and [I hate to suggest this one] Night of the living dead 3D (Poor Example, I know).

Another good example is 'Stir Of Echos' had a brief showing of two scenes (Ben outside with tire iron, and the horrifying cannibalism scene).

I was really curious, does anyone know of other films that have done this as well?

Neil
25-Feb-2014, 08:57 AM
LOL! Great question! Come to think of it I've seen it countless times in other films, but can't think of a single specific case now :annoyed:

EDukes
25-Feb-2014, 09:29 AM
The only thing that comes to mind is the stoners watching Dawn in the movie Idle Hands. Considering it's public domain, I wouldn't be surprised if there were clips constantly being used of Night.

James Pagan
25-Feb-2014, 04:18 PM
Dennis Christopher, dressed as Dracula, attends a midnight screening of the film in Vernon Zimmerman's 1980 thriller "Fade to Black."

Devoy Peters
25-Feb-2014, 11:19 PM
Oh Yeh. That's right !! I remember that movie. Great example.
I also remember a movie,can't remember the title, but the city has a black out.
Hmmm... Maybe it's called 'Blackout' Haha
The couple return home after gong to the theater, and turn on their TV.
There's a scene, Helen calling for Harry, and Harry yells down to her "It's alright."
Brief, but nonetheless, does count :-)

Geordie9
27-Feb-2014, 09:53 PM
Emerson Bixbys 1985 , rare zombie film Dead End (which i cant get a hold of anywhere) one of the zombies playing with remote & NOTLD is on

FoodFight
31-May-2014, 12:57 AM
"Proof". w/ Anthony Hopkins

MoonSylver
31-May-2014, 06:32 PM
I saw a new, low budget, 80's slasher homage, "Scream Park" that has a couple of scenes w/ a security guard watching it on one of the monitors instead of watching the cameras like he's supposed to be. :)

Geizeh
04-Jun-2014, 08:06 AM
Maybe that doesn't count but in "Return of the Living Dead" Night of the living Dead was mentioned.
Right there 4:57 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO9ZKzF9EmM&t=4m57s

Neil
04-Jun-2014, 08:28 AM
^^ I've carefully read the rule book, and it counts!