PDA

View Full Version : Two new Indiana Jones films?

Neil
25-Feb-2014, 08:28 AM
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/66309

What's far more likely, I believe, is the rumor that there's not just one, but two Indiana Jones movies being developed. I don't know if it's been officially confirmed that Harrison Ford made the new Indiana Jones films part of his agreement to return as Han Solo, but I've heard it enough from a myriad of sources that I believe it's true. Plus, we all know that Dr. Jones is close to Ford's heart.

krisvds
25-Feb-2014, 09:02 AM
As long as it doesn't involve CG models of Mr. Ford in the action scenes, the man isn't getting any younger, it might work.

In fact I hope they keep the CGI to an absolute minimum and go old school with these. Indy should be like Sean Connery's character in Crusade, not a James Bond type action hero.
Probably not going to happen though. A new actor and a return to those damn Nazis in the thirties might actually be a better idea?

shootemindehead
25-Feb-2014, 09:08 AM
So, hang on a sec. Ford, for years said no to Indy sequels and now, when he's staring at deaths door, he wants to do two?

WTF?

A new actor and a return to those damn Nazis in the thirties might actually be a better idea?

Or, it can just be let die peacefully without any more poking and prodding. At least that way, we have two great films to enjoy.

EvilNed
25-Feb-2014, 09:33 AM
I don't think the switch to the 50's and 60's was necessarily a bad idea. What the fourth one was suffering from was that it was so far out and sensational. While the original films, especially number 3 (which I do not like, by the way) were just as sensational, the characters and action felt very human. Number 4 features too many shots and action scenes that threw me out of the action, because they were accomplished by feats that required computer imagery.

So my hopes for number 5 is that they insert some kind of house rule that they don't try to get too creative with the camera angles. This isn't the Matrix, where that kinda stuff works. It's Indy.

shootemindehead
25-Feb-2014, 10:18 AM
The problem with the Indiana Jones stories are the stories themselves.

The supernatural, far-out element is the weakest aspect of each film. 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' gets away with it, because the film is just so damn good and a rip-roaring adventure, so by the end, and the Ark nonsense, you don't really care, cos the ride was so great. 'Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom' is also acceptable, because it's got a very dark tone and the supernatural crap is kept to a minimum relatively. But by the time we get 'Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade', we're well and truly in stupid land, with an incredibly weak story and absolutely awful attempts at comedy. The only dynamic that works in that picture is the Ford/Connery angle. The last film continues on the path and that story was also incredibly weak. Although, I preferred it to '...Last Crusade', to be honest.

They should just let the franchise die, cos it isn't going to get any better.

bassman
26-Feb-2014, 12:17 PM
I enjoyed the fourth film, so I'd be thrilled to see Ford don the fedora at least once more. As has been mentioned before, have him be more like Henry Sr in Last Crusade and it could work just fine.

blind2d
26-Feb-2014, 02:40 PM
I don't think we need it. Great films already, as has been pointed out. Let it rest... Something new would be nice.

MoonSylver
26-Feb-2014, 04:56 PM
I enjoyed the fourth film, so I'd be thrilled to see Ford don the fedora at least once more. As has been mentioned before, have him be more like Henry Sr in Last Crusade and it could work just fine.

This. Only thing that bothers me is who will be the "action" lead? Captain Bag Head? I'm not fond of that guy. He did do decent job in #4 & I had warmed to him slightly, but with all of his recent shenanigans, he's drifting into the dreaded Tom Cruise zone for me... :eek:

shootemindehead
26-Feb-2014, 05:38 PM
Captain Bag Head?

HA HA HA

That's it now. He's buggered.

Cap'n Baghead it is.

rongravy
26-Feb-2014, 08:09 PM

This. Only thing that bothers me is who will be the "action" lead? Captain Bag Head? I'm not fond of that guy. He did do decent job in #4 & I had warmed to him slightly, but with all of his recent shenanigans, he's drifting into the dreaded Tom Cruise zone for me... :eek:

Since he was always kind of at odds with his pappy, I think it'd be hilarious if he was still trying to be the kind of guy always ready for some fisticuffs, but ending up taking guys down almost clumsily/accidentally like his pappy.
I like all that's been so far, even the last. I have absolutely no problem with more, but leave Even Stevens out of it. I cannot see anyone else ever donning the Fedora...
Though I'd love to see some cameos from other past amigos. Who wouldn't want to see Short Round make a comeback?!?

AcesandEights
26-Feb-2014, 11:04 PM
Just hang up the fedora and let it rest.

MoonSylver
26-Feb-2014, 11:43 PM
Just hang up the fedora and let it rest.

You hush that crazy talk or I'm gonna put you in a fridge & nuke it. :lol:

Shadow Master
27-Feb-2014, 12:58 AM
I wouldn't mind a couple of more. I love the entire series, even the fourth (Last Crusade is actually my least favorite although I still dig it). One of my favorite series ever so a couple of final films I'm definitely down for.

blind2d
27-Feb-2014, 03:17 PM
since he was always kind of at odds with his pappy, i think it'd be hilarious if he was still trying to be the kind of guy always ready for some fisticuffs, but ending up taking guys down almost clumsily/accidentally like his pappy.
I like all that's been so far, even the last. I have absolutely no problem with more, but leave even stevens out of it. I cannot see anyone else ever donning the fedora...
Though i'd love to see some cameos from other past amigos. Who wouldn't want to see short round make a comeback?!?

short round!!!