PDA

View Full Version : We're The Millers (sequel)

Neil
25-Feb-2014, 03:36 PM
I quite enjoyed the original :)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/were-millers-sequel-gets-a-682973

The four actors are expected to come back, although no deals are in place. Director Rawson Marshall Thurber also is due to return. The first movie's script was credited to the writing teams of Bob Fisher and Steve Faber and Sean Anders and John Morris.

Producing the sequel are Chris Bender and Vincent Newman.

bassman
26-Feb-2014, 12:19 PM
The first was a very pleasant surprise and I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a sequel, but the question is still there....WHY? The film didn't really call for a sequel.

Neil
26-Feb-2014, 01:33 PM
The first was a very pleasant surprise and I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a sequel, but the question is still there....WHY? The film didn't really call for a sequel.

Will there be another gratuitous "shower scene" again?

bassman
26-Feb-2014, 01:43 PM
Will there be another gratuitous "shower scene" again?

There'd better be! :)

Neil
26-Feb-2014, 01:54 PM
There'd better be! :)

TBH - I actually found that scene a little cringy. ie: It was trying ever so hard to be sexy, but I don't think she looked comfortable doing it!

bassman
26-Feb-2014, 02:02 PM
TBH - I actually found that scene a little cringy. ie: It was trying ever so hard to be sexy, but I don't think she looked comfortable doing it!

I felt like it was kind of tongue-in-cheek. Almost poking fun at those types of "hot" scenes. I mean....the main character actually breaks the fourth wall, looks into the camera, and smiles/shrugs his shoulders...

Neil
26-Feb-2014, 02:22 PM
I felt like it was kind of tongue-in-cheek. Almost poking fun at those types of "hot" scenes. I mean....the main character actually breaks the fourth wall, looks into the camera, and smiles/shrugs his shoulders...

I don't recall that!? [EDIT: Just checked, and yes he does!]

Maybe I was just comparing it in my head to Demi Moore (Striptease) or Jamie Curtis (True Lies)?

blind2d
26-Feb-2014, 02:29 PM
Oh lord, it's the new 'Hangover'...

bassman
26-Feb-2014, 02:34 PM
Oh lord, it's the new 'Hangover'...

An original and funny movie with mediocre to poor sequels? That's definitely a huge possibility.