PDA

View Full Version : Matrix prequel trilogy (films)

Neil
01-Mar-2014, 11:49 AM
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/66367

...the Wachowski siblings are in the early stages of planning out a prequel trilogy, with the plan to have the first film in theaters in 2017.

dracenstein
01-Mar-2014, 02:38 PM
Not sure about a prequel trilogy, look at how Star Wars turned out...

Depends on how they approach it, I suppose.

My hope is film 1 has a game corporation sorting out the concept of a virtual world experience with people exploring the virtual world whilst robots becoming more common in the real world with the end with the 'becoming aware' of a 'Skynet' AI.

Film 2 having the AI and the game corporation's VW (virtual world, the 1st matrix) merging and the first computer agents appearing in the Matrix...

Film 3 is the war between people and robots, the collapse of the VW and the AI's first independent matrix, then a young Oracle and Architect creating the real matrix with the final shot being the first machine world power plant coming online and people 'waking up' in the virtual world and Keanu Reeves saying 'no'...

Neil
01-Mar-2014, 08:00 PM
Not sure about a prequel trilogy, look at how Star Wars turned out...

Depends on how they approach it, I suppose.

My hope is film 1 has a game corporation sorting out the concept of a virtual world experience with people exploring the virtual world whilst robots becoming more common in the real world with the end with the 'becoming aware' of a 'Skynet' AI.

Film 2 having the AI and the game corporation's VW (virtual world, the 1st matrix) merging and the first computer agents appearing in the Matrix...

Film 3 is the war between people and robots, the collapse of the VW and the AI's first independent matrix, then a young Oracle and Architect creating the real matrix with the final shot being the first machine world power plant coming online and people 'waking up' in the virtual world and Keanu Reeves saying 'no'...

Given the increasing mess each of the follow ups were (IMHO) - Best left alone!

AcesandEights
01-Mar-2014, 09:30 PM
Yup, should have been left as an awesome one-off.

EvilNed
01-Mar-2014, 09:34 PM
Love te Matrix films.

I also loved the animated shorts The Second Renaissance.

If these are a retelling of those, I am more than up for this!

shootemindehead
02-Mar-2014, 01:09 AM

Yeh. Agree completely.

The first one was ok. It even, sort of, survived Keanu. But what came afterwards was bollocks.

Neil
02-Mar-2014, 09:59 PM
Yeh. Agree completely.

The first one was ok. It even, sort of, survived Keanu. But what came afterwards was bollocks.

They sequels were just lost in a sea of psycho-babble.

I'd hoped the second would be Neo trying to convince the rest of humanity about the truth of their existance. In effect appearing like the second coming, while telling everyone of the horror they were living. And all the time the AIs were trying to kill him, and any of his increasing flock...

EvilNed
02-Mar-2014, 10:59 PM
I'd hoped the second would be Neo trying to convince the rest of humanity about the truth of their existance. In effect appearing like the second coming, while telling everyone of the horror they were living. And all the time the AIs were trying to kill him, and any of his increasing flock...

But - But, The machines would be in complete control of the program! Only unplugged people would be safe from them killing humans at will.

Neil
03-Mar-2014, 09:02 AM
But - But, The machines would be in complete control of the program! Only unplugged people would be safe from them killing humans at will.

But to get unplugged, they'd have to go through that willing psychological disconnection we saw Neo go through. ie: They had to believe, (& then maybe with a further small nudge from outside) an individual is released from the Matrix and into the real world.

Neo would be trying to make people believe their entire existence is a dream to cover up a nightmare!