PDA

View Full Version : Oculus (film)

Neil
06-Mar-2014, 08:53 AM
Karen Gillan (Amy Pond from Doctor Who) get's s fright or two!

dYJrxezWLUk

wayzim
06-Mar-2014, 11:21 AM
Some April Film Foolishness, so it seems. If this friggin entity starts doing the spider walk, I won't be surprised. Still not impressed ( except for Ms. Gillian ... Gingers are Grand. )
I think these types of movies are becoming like club music. You don't even pretend anymore that you're not sampling a scene or two directly from Mama, or The Grudge, or Paranormal Activity. If Karen Gillian was in any other movie, I'd be there on opening day, just for her. As the line goes; there's a lot of flash here but no sizzle.

rongravy
13-Apr-2014, 09:04 PM
I just got back from seeing it. I'm going to give it a resounding: Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
The movie is riddled with flashback scenes that intertwine with them in the present. It gets a bit confusing, but I see what they were trying to do. Lots of unanswered questions, at least to me, and they left it open for some sequel action. The ending somewhat blows, and everyone left in silence. Blah blah blah...
5/10. It might've gotten more if I'd seen a sweeet spiderwalk, but oh wellz.

MoonSylver
14-Apr-2014, 10:00 PM
I really enjoyed Flanagan's previous film "Absentia". Really low key, quiet & restrained, but compelling & well told & acted. So, yeah, I'm still looking forward to this one, despite the fact I've heard opinions are likely to be split.

blind2d
16-Apr-2014, 04:06 AM
I'm giving it a pass. Just tired of all this supernatural horror BS, and the thing with the apple and lightbulb just seemed so contrived and silly I laughed the first time I saw the trailer (Yeah, I've seen variations on it... several times). So meh. Not interested. Next.