PDA

View Full Version : Our Robocop Remake - Genius!

Neil
06-Mar-2014, 12:45 PM
lWzzSkwbBCw

MinionZombie
06-Mar-2014, 05:39 PM
Aye, I saw this a couple of weeks back. This is what I made of it:

Our RoboCop Remake:
What's it about?
Fan-made spoof-cum-remake of the beloved 1987 Paul Verhoeven film RoboCop (recently given the PG-13 blockbuster reboot treatment). A raft of filmmakers - with varying styles and levels of ability - each take a scene and re-do it in their own way. Featuring snippets from the real film for context, it's a collage approach to reassembling the film by fans in their own vision.
Who would I recognise in it?
Erm...
Great/Good/Alright/Shite?
The quality varies wildly at times - as do the filmmaking styles (including animation and musical) - but what could have easily turned out to be an indulgent mess, instead comes off as a surprisingly entertaining ride. Certain scenes drag, or fall well below the bar set by other segments (the high point being Fatal Farm's impressively realised todger-blasting sequence), while other segments soar and elicit full-on guffaws. The spoof elements never diminish the original film and instead just have fun with it, sufficiently papering over the cracks left by the weaker entries into this hand-crafted fan's love letter to Verhoeven's classic film. Good.

Well worth checking out for fellow fans of RoboCop.