PDA

View Full Version : Captain America 3 (film)

Neil
14-Mar-2014, 09:19 AM
Rumours are they're happy with no.2 and are aimon no.3 for My 2016, which will mean we have Captain America vs, Superman vs Batman....

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Captain-America-3-Square-Off-With-Batman-Superman-May-2016-42080.html

The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Marvel Studios has penciled Captain America 3 in as the film that they will be putting in theaters on May 6, 2016. This will make the untitled sequel the second movie of the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Phase Three, which kicks-off just a few months after the release of The Avengers: Age of Ultron with Edgar Wright's Ant-Man. Chris Evans, who signed a six picture deal with Marvel back when he first signed on to play Captain America, will presumably be back to play the starring role, but at this point it's impossible to say who will be a part of the supporting cast.

bassman
14-Mar-2014, 12:21 PM
It may have just been scare tactics in order to renegotiate his contract with Marvel, but Chris Evans recently said he was going to take a break from acting after they're finished with The Avengers: Age of Ultron. He also basically said he finds Captain America to be a little boring because he's the least conflicted of all the superheroes.

Neil
14-Mar-2014, 01:21 PM
It may have just been scare tactics in order to renegotiate his contract with Marvel, but Chris Evans recently said he was going to take a break from acting after they're finished with The Avengers: Age of Ultron. He also basically said he finds Captain America to be a little boring because he's the least conflicted of all the superheroes.

That would have been four outing as that character, so I guess I can see how he might be getting tired of it!

Meanwhile we have some actors on nine movie contracts? - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Captain-America-Sebastian-Stan-Reveals-He-Has-9-Picture-Deal-With-Marvel-Studios-42086.html

bassman
14-Mar-2014, 01:43 PM
Found the article: http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/chris-evans-will-take-a-break-from-acting-after-his-marvel-contract-is-up

"I think when I'm done with this Marvel contract, I'll take a little break from acting. With acting, you're one piece in a very big puzzle. It's like you helped buy a gift but you don't know what the gift is, so you come back and see the movie. Sometimes it's nice, sometimes it's tragic. This process [directing], you're involved in every single decision. If I hadn't done it, I'd be really kicking myself. At the time, it was a daunting task for a number of reasons, but in hindsight it was the right move"

Chris Evans also talked a little about how Captain America is different from other superheroes, like Batman or Hulk.

"He doesn't have demons. He's not Batman, he doesn't struggle with inner turmoil. The nature of this character is that he puts himself last and helps the common good. So he could easily slip into a world of boredom. The blessing and curse of Captain America is that he doesn't have that fancy an ability. He doesn't live in another world, or turn green. He doesn't have bells and whistles, he doesn't shoot missiles. He punches and kicks."

Sounds to me like he's probably trying to scare Marvel into signing him for more pay and possibly have Marvel/Disney fund his possible directorial effort. I seem to remember Robert Downey Jr doing something similar around the time of Avengers/Iron Man 3 and he ended up getting a major pay raise?

But back to the original topic....that's going to be one hectic weekend at the theater. BvS may have a slight advantage because it's the first time those characters have been seen together on screen, but CapAm/Marvel also have a more established film franchise. I'm betting one of them will likely change dates. Generally these types of films are released 2-4 weeks apart to avoid the competition.

That would have been four outing as that character, so I guess I can see how he might be getting tired of it!

Age of Ultron will be his fifth outing as the character if you count cameos in other Marvel films. Assuming they count minor cameos as part of the "x-amount picture contracts", the article says his contract ends with Age of Ultron. So I'm guessing his initial contract was for only five films?

rongravy
14-Mar-2014, 09:04 PM
I read an article in the paper the other day about all this. Supposedly, Marvel ain't planning on blinking...
I'd bet on BvS taking the top spot, though.

Neil
14-Mar-2014, 09:10 PM
I'd bet on BvS taking the top spot, though.
I agree... Even if it's as soulless as Man Of Steel... People will be hoping for Batman quality/depth.

rongravy
15-Mar-2014, 12:08 AM
I agree... Even if it's as soulless as Man Of Steel... People will be hoping for Batman quality/depth.
I dunno, man. I bought the blu ray of MoS, and rewatched it a few times. I'm liking it more and more each time.
Maybe it's just me...

EvilNed
15-Mar-2014, 11:50 AM
Even though Man of Steel was complete trash, the prospect of a Batman vs. Superman film is interesting enough for me to draw me to see that one.

As for Captain America 2 and 3? I could not care less. The first one had the charmy setting of the the 40's and WW2. Now it's just like any other superhero film.

Neil
15-Mar-2014, 01:41 PM
The first one had the charmy setting of the the 40's and WW2. Now it's just like any other superhero film.

That's an interesting comment actually! I wonder if some of that charm that set it apart will be gone!

bassman
16-Mar-2014, 02:04 PM
I actually think the lack of the cheesy WWII setting will help CapAm2. The normal WWII settings were fine, but when they started showing off the ridiculous Hydra vehicles and weapons it felt like more of a children's toy advertisement than Batman & Robin. And as we all know, they must have tried hard to top Shumacher's Batman & Robin, which was specifically made to sell toys.

How anyone can look at Hydra's arsenal and the cheesy action surrounding it without laughing is beyond me. Hopefully a more modern setting will bring CapAm from a toy advertisement to an actual film...

Neil
21-Mar-2014, 06:20 PM
Fairly +ve review - http://www.slashfilm.com/captain-america-winter-soldier-review/

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is an ideal middle chapter in a larger story. The performances are charismatic, the story is surprising, and the action exciting. Plot wise, there’s some complex stuff going on ,which you’ll definitely need a conversation or two to get straight. When that happens though, you’ll be on pins and needles to see what it all means for everything Marvel moving ahead. There are some problems, but even acknowledging those, it’s hard not to fall in love with Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

/Film rating 7.5 out of 10

Neil
25-Mar-2014, 10:45 AM
5/5 from CinemaBlend - http://www.cinemablend.com/reviews/Captain-America-The-Winter-Soldier-6771.html

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is a spectacularly-made, tense, thrilling ride, and whether you go to the theater for the blockbuster action or the exciting story, you will leave more than satisfied.