PDA

View Full Version : Game Of Thrones movies

Neil
20-Mar-2014, 03:59 PM
Could we have multiple movies on the way? Not sure if the format would sit well with 3hr films instead of six or more hours available with a TV series?

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/mar/20/game-of-thrones-multiple-movies-george-rr-martin-franchise

Multiple movies set in the Game of Thrones universe could be coming to the big screen, creator George RR Martin has revealed.

Speaking at the New York premiere of season four of the popular fantasy TV epic, author Martin said the series might need the bigger budgets provided to film-makers for its grand finale. He also hinted at the possibility of movies based on the Tales of Dunk and Egg, a trilogy of spin-off novellas set 90 years before the events on Game of Thrones in the mythical land of Westeros.

AcesandEights
20-Mar-2014, 05:11 PM
Could we have multiple movies on the way? Not sure if the format would sit well with 3hr films instead of six or more hours available with a TV series?

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/mar/20/game-of-thrones-multiple-movies-george-rr-martin-franchise

Hmmm, that would annoy the hell out of me, unless it was the only way HBO was willing to end the series, which may be another way of them saying it would be the only way they could justify the budget necessary to do so.

Neil
20-Mar-2014, 05:46 PM
Hmmm, that would annoy the hell out of me, unless it was the only way HBO was willing to end the series, which may be another way of them saying it would be the only way they could justify the budget necessary to do so.

Well I'd imagine the self contained spin-off would make more sense?

He also hinted at the possibility of movies based on the Tales of Dunk and Egg, a trilogy of spin-off novellas set 90 years before the events on Game of Thrones in the mythical land of Westeros.

AcesandEights
20-Mar-2014, 06:14 PM
Well I'd imagine the self contained spin-off would make more sense?

Yeah, the Dunk & Egg stories would be pretty cool from what I've read of them.

Neil
20-Mar-2014, 09:49 PM
Yeah, the Dunk & Egg stories would be pretty cool from what I've read of them.

I know nothing about them :)

I'm reading the books in parallel to the series :)