PDA

View Full Version : This weeks rentals.

Tied2thetracks
13-Jul-2006, 02:11 PM
True Romance- I don't know what took me so long to see this movie, It rocked.

The Producers- umm.... I thought a movie about making a musical about Hitler would be funny...I was wrong.

A History of Violence- One of the better movies I have seen in a long time.
Great story, some nice violence, and even a beaver shot.

Disney's Robin Hood- I wasn't a fan but the kids gave it 2 thumbs up.

bassman
13-Jul-2006, 02:17 PM
The Producers- umm.... I thought a movie about making a musical about Hitler would be funny...I was wrong.

You know the really strange part about that? It's written by Mel friggin Brooks. The man may have lost his touch in his old age. I heard the play that it's based on was great, though...

Yeah, "A History of Violence" is a good flick. Can't go wrong with Cronenberg.

If you would like a recommendation for your next rental trip.....check out "The Matador". It's hilarious, man. The cover and advertising makes it seem like an action flick trying to ride off of Pierce Brosnan's success as James Bond but it's not that at all. I laughed my ass off through the entire film. Just don't let the kids watch this one.;)

coma
13-Jul-2006, 02:35 PM
The Producers
See the first one from 1969. It's funny as hell.

"A History of Violence"
that is a really good film, from a good comic book, believe it or not.
True Romance
My friend, whose sicilian, used to go around reciting Dennis Hopper's (I think it was him) speech about the Moors invading Sicily to all his sicilian buddies. I didn't even know it was from a movie at the time

AcesandEights
13-Jul-2006, 09:48 PM
True Romance- I don't know what took me so long to see this movie, It rocked.

Stacked cast, fun film and one of the best scenes in all of film history. Damn right, it rocked!

OddDNA
13-Jul-2006, 11:00 PM
I listed that in my "movies you might have missed thread"

Psst. I like Disneys Robin Hood....

erisi236
14-Jul-2006, 04:19 PM
Disneys Robin Hood rules :)