PDA

View Full Version : Raiders of the Lost Ark reboot (film)

Neil
26-Mar-2014, 08:46 AM
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/66683

Only good news to this is Frank Darabont has supposedly pitched a script for it.

I must get around to reading Darabont's script that Lucas kept rejecting and in the end turned into "Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull".

shootemindehead
26-Mar-2014, 05:45 PM
Oh f*ck no...

:|

AcesandEights
26-Mar-2014, 06:48 PM
So Kingdom of the Crystal Skull probably did kill the franchise.

I knew it!

Legion2213
26-Mar-2014, 07:41 PM
I feel like I am being radicalised by Hollywood...pushed towards armed resistance... :mad:

Neil
26-Mar-2014, 08:18 PM
Bradley Cooper - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Indiana-Jones-Series-Possibly-Recasting-Lead-Role-Trilogy-42263.html

*** quickly ducks out of the room ***

http://s25.postimg.org/5hz9gqu5r/bradley.jpg

MoonSylver
26-Mar-2014, 09:15 PM
My first reaction was nerd rage, followed by a quiet sigh of resignation. I was surprised, but should I have been? No, not really. As mentioned in the article, the trend is already long established w/ Bond. More recently Star Trek. Not that I really want a reboot, or to see another actor play the character. But, there it is. :|

Neil
27-Mar-2014, 09:41 AM
Darabont not connected - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/66698

AcesandEights
27-Mar-2014, 03:25 PM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/DougOBrien/1408Lol.gif
Friiiiiiiidge!*

*Not sure how many more times I'll be able to use this GIF, so figured best to express my frustrations with it now.

krisvds
27-Mar-2014, 04:29 PM
This is not going to happen. At least for now. Not as long as Harrison Ford is still alive. I'd rather see the seventy year old as an elderly Indy again.
Lucas should resurrect that old idea of setting it in a haunted castle and go for some Abbott and Costello style antics sans CGI.

AcesandEights
27-Mar-2014, 04:31 PM
Lucas should resurrect that old idea of setting it in a haunted castle and go for some Abbott and Costello style antics sans CGI.

What?! I've never heard of this.

krisvds
28-Mar-2014, 06:07 AM
It was an idea floating around at the time of Last Crusade. Parts made it into the Austrian castle bit.
I read about it in an Empire magazine.

bassman
28-Mar-2014, 12:00 PM
Yeah, they mention that on the special features documentaries. Lucas wanted the third film to be a haunted castle story, but Spielberg said no because he'd worked on Poltergeist and Always. Funnily enough, he also said no to the idea of aliens for the fourth Indy film because he's done Close Encounters and E.T., but later gave in anyway.

As for a reboot.....it was inevitable. A property like this wouldn't be allowed to simply die. Disney didn't purchase the rights just for home video and merchandise. I hope we'll get one more outing with Ford but even so, there would have been a reboot after that. There's still a chance we'll get to see Ford wear the fedora once more, so fingers crossed.

I saw on another site that someone mentioned Karl Urban as the new Indy. While it's hard to imagine anyone replacing Ford, that idea seemed pretty solid....

rongravy
28-Mar-2014, 12:22 PM
I saw on another site that someone mentioned Karl Urban as the new Indy. While it's hard to imagine anyone replacing Ford, that idea seemed pretty solid....
Ewwww, I'd prefer Cooper myself, if anyone was going to take over. But, yeah, Harrison could easily do another one.

bassman
28-Mar-2014, 12:50 PM
Ewwww, I'd prefer Cooper myself, if anyone was going to take over. But, yeah, Harrison could easily do another one.

Cooper would be fine I suppose, but I think Urban has more of a nerdy respect about him. He was a fan of Star Trek and did an awesome job with playing Bones. Then look at Dredd. He did an awesome job with the character and refused to remove his helmet for the entire film. Not many actors would do a role where their face isn't seen at all. He loved the material so much it wasn't about himself.

But yeah....Ford can do at least one more film for sure. I've heard someone mention a film that sort of bounces around time. Have Ford play the older Indy and it's an adventure that's lasted decades, so it could bounce between a young version and an old version of the character. Either that or put Indy in more of the Henry Senior role that Connery played in TLC. I could see both of those ideas working for a 70+ year old Ford.

AcesandEights
28-Mar-2014, 01:55 PM

I will say, if it were inevitable...Urban does kick much ass and seems to develop more comfort and charisma in front of the camera as he gets older.

rongravy
28-Mar-2014, 02:57 PM
Oh snap. I got Keith Urban And Karl mixed up for a second or two. Yeah, I guess he'd be ok, but as soon as someone mentioned Cooper, I was like, "Yeahhhhhh, just the right amount of scruff."
Imagine an Indy whose eyes POP. Imagine Bradley standing in front of a class chock full of dreamy eyed college gals...
He's fully got my vote if they go that route.

krisvds
28-Mar-2014, 05:09 PM
Karl Urban? If there's any nerd justice in this world he will first get to play Dredd again. That film was perfect.
Him as Jones? It might actually work!

bassman
28-Jan-2015, 03:01 PM
Nearly a year later, now there are rumors that Disney is looking at Guardians of the Galaxy's Chris Pratt to take over the role. http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/disney-is-eyeing-chris-pratt-to-headline-the-new-indiana-jones-film-178

As much as I would rather see one last film with Ford in the role, I would like this casting if there HAD to be a reboot. Pratt seems to have that certain charisma that would be appropriate for Indiana Jones. Disney now owns Marvel and Lucasfilm, so it would also lend some credence to the rumor. It would make sense that they would be looking at someone already "in house" and proven to be a leading man.

MoonSylver
28-Jan-2015, 09:22 PM
Nearly a year later, now there are rumors that Disney is looking at Guardians of the Galaxy's Chris Pratt to take over the role. http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/disney-is-eyeing-chris-pratt-to-headline-the-new-indiana-jones-film-178

As much as I would rather see one last film with Ford in the role, I would like this casting if there HAD to be a reboot. Pratt seems to have that certain charisma that would be appropriate for Indiana Jones. Disney now owns Marvel and Lucasfilm, so it would also lend some credence to the rumor. It would make sense that they would be looking at someone already "in house" and proven to be a leading man.

Nothing to say that Ford couldn't still be involved in some way, shape or form. Maybe they could do something that takes place in "modern day" (in FordIndy's time) that has ties to the past (PrattIndy). Switch narrative back & forth & have action occurring in both or something. I wouldn't mind. Haven't seen him in anything yet, but the pic of him w/ the fedora looks passable :)