PDA

View Full Version : Rick Grimes & Walter White rap battle

ProfessorChaos
06-May-2014, 07:13 PM
fans of both shows should love this:

krQHQvtIr6w

(i think heisenberg is the victor is this one, not just cuz his show is superior, either)

bassman
06-May-2014, 08:32 PM
Breaking Bad is definitely superior and Heisenberg's rap was better, but I thought Rick's voice was closer to the character.

Neil
07-May-2014, 10:26 AM
Only just started watching Breaking Bad this week - Only 2 episodes in.

Have to say based on just the first two episodes of both series, TWD is ahead so far - But I'm sure BB will build from what I've read :)

I'm amazed at the production quality of these youtube videos!

MinionZombie
07-May-2014, 04:56 PM
I think Rick was closer in terms of voice, and well, personally I found his rap a little better than Heisenberg's.

Neat video.

Neil - I liked BB from the get-go, but it did take me until part-way into season two before it really clicked with me. Then I was merrily tumbling down the blue meth rabbit hole. :elol:

ProfessorChaos
07-May-2014, 06:08 PM
@ neil:

breaking bad takes a little bit to start building steam, but by season 3, i knew it was probably going to go down as one of my favorite shows ever. it literally just keeps picking up momentum, and by the final season, it's such a different show show with a totally different vibe than what it started out as.

bb had the advantage of having an ending destination in mind, so the show had a clear idea of what it wanted to be and where it wanted to go from early on....while TWD suffers from a bit of an identity crisis here and there and has way too many filler episodes and pacing issues.

both are good in their own way, but i have a feeling your opinion might flip as to which show is better. to each his own, regardless.

bassman
08-May-2014, 12:22 PM
Yeah....As mentioned above, I liked the earlier episodes of Breaking Bad but the show really gets you on the hook around the middle of Season Two to Season Three. Season One is a short one like TWD because of a writer's strike, so you'll be addicted(no pun intended) before you know it.

Neil's going to start binge watching and he'll be on here talking about the series finale in only a few week's time. :)

Neil
08-May-2014, 01:08 PM
Yeah....As mentioned above, I liked the earlier episodes of Breaking Bad but the show really gets you on the hook around the middle of Season Two to Season Three. Season One is a short one like TWD because of a writer's strike, so you'll be addicted(no pun intended) before you know it.

Neil's going to start binge watching and he'll be on here talking about the series finale in only a few week's time. :)

I'm watching it as/when I can, along with True Detective at the moment...

bassman
08-May-2014, 01:28 PM
I'm watching it as/when I can, along with True Detective at the moment...

I still have to give True Detective a try. I've heard lots of good things, just haven't had a chance to check it out yet. I'm currently making my way through Sons of Anarchy. Not a bad show by any means, but I'm finding it a bit lacking compared to recent great shows like Breaking Bad.

I also noticed Bates Motel is on instant Netflix, so that's on my radar as well....

Neil
08-May-2014, 01:31 PM
I still have to give True Detective a try. I've heard lots of good things, just haven't had a chance to check it out yet. I'm currently making my way through Sons of Anarchy. Not a bad show by any means, but I'm finding it a bit lacking compared to recent great shows like Breaking Bad.

I also noticed Bates Motel is on instant Netflix, so that's on my radar as well....

True Detective is akin to BB I'd suggest; It takes a few episodes to get going, but then it's slow burning drama comes to the front :)

I'm 5 episodes in (out of 8) and really enjoying it now! At 1-3 I wasn't sure!

shootemindehead
08-May-2014, 01:35 PM
'True Detective' is pretty good. It dips a bit in the middle section, but rises again at the end.

But, well worth a watch.

AcesandEights
08-May-2014, 01:52 PM
'True Detective' is pretty good. It dips a bit in the middle section, but rises again at the end.

But, well worth a watch.

I still haven't seen the last few episodes..I gotta make the time.

MinionZombie
09-May-2014, 09:29 AM
Loved True Detective. Loved Breaking Bad. :cool:

AcesandEights
09-May-2014, 01:28 PM
Okay, finally got a chance to watch this and Walter White had a great sign off, but the guy doing Rick had a better flow and also sounded great ala Rick Grimes.