PDA

View Full Version : Season 5 - Official Preview Pics & Vids

MinionZombie
14-May-2014, 09:45 AM
The first teaser image for season 5 has been released:

http://c534909.r9.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/The-Walking-Dead-Season-5-Photo.jpg

We'll use this thread to post official previews of season 5 (i.e. stuff from AMC, news, and official trailers).

Please remember to keep theories regarding upcoming plotlines (especially if based on the comic book series) within "SPOILER TAGS" - if you don't know how to use Spoiler Tags, visit the FAQ for more information (link at the top of the forum).

bassman
14-May-2014, 11:26 AM
Sheesh. Rick's face for a first photo? It's like they're not even trying anymore....

Remember how much excitement the first photo of Season One created? Rick walking up the street with his hat and gas can in hand? It looked like it jumped straight out of the comic and had everyone buzzing. Flash forward to season five and we have.....Rick mugging. How exciting.

Neil
14-May-2014, 11:30 AM
Sheesh. Rick's face for a first photo? It's like they're not even trying anymore....

Remember how much excitement the first photo of Season One created? Rick walking up the street with his hat and gas can in hand? It looked like it jumped straight out of the comic and had everyone buzzing. Flash forward to season five and we have.....Rick mugging. How exciting.

Oh... I thought it was quite an nice effective photo...

AcesandEights
14-May-2014, 01:25 PM
I think the best teaser photo for the next season they could possibly do would be a nicely stylized image of...

some of the Terminus crew sitting down to a nice barbecue. :) Nothing too overt mind you.

MinionZombie
14-May-2014, 05:59 PM
Yeah, it's a bit of an underwhelming image as the first for season five. Something more ... evocative ... would have been nicer. Something you could read into a bit more ... this, not so much. I suppose we're essentially being told that season 5 picks up right where season 4 left off, so that's a change after two seasons of time jumps (which helped with the story they wanted to tell as well as Riggs' growth spurt), whereas where we are now you can't really have a time jump.

Hmmm ... I wonder if we'll get to see a winter scenario, at least for an episode ... and then have a time jump an episode or few into proceedings.

As a teaser image it's not really teasing me. I'd really like something to salivate over ... something that suggests a new element ... or hints at a revelation or coming danger or whatever. I already know Rick's in the show and still in train car "A". :p

Nice to have anyway, though.

Moon Knight
15-May-2014, 04:50 PM
I don't care what the photo is, as long as I know season 5 is officially in production I'm excited.

zombieparanoia
16-May-2014, 12:18 AM
Season 5: Things and Stuff, return of the eyef*ck.

rongravy
16-May-2014, 12:35 AM
return of the eyef*ck.
I didn't wanna be the one to say it, but yeah.
Eye f*cking his way outta that trailer, and into your pants...

MinionZombie
16-May-2014, 09:16 AM
Season 5: Things and Stuff, return of the eyef*ck.

Eye f*cking his way outta that trailer, and into your pants...

:lol::lol::lol:

MinionZombie
24-May-2014, 10:00 AM
Q&A with EP Gale Anne Hurd - http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/2014/05/dispatches-from-the-set-executive-producer-gale-anne-hurd-on-season-5/?utm_campaign=amc_newsletters%3A16245%3Athewalking dead&utm_medium=email%3Asection%3Darticle_main_permalin k&utm_source=2014-05-22%3A906219104%3Aexecutive_producer_gale_anne_hurd _on_season_5_survive_the_summer_sweepstakes

Presumably the premiere will still be the usual running time, but it sounds like it's going to have some impressive scale to it (seems like they've got some extra production time locked in for the first episode) ... so perhaps it'll be like 4x01 in terms of increased scale ... we shall see.

facestabber
28-May-2014, 01:34 PM
The 1 hour run time for season premier bothers me. What is so difficult about a 1.5 hour season opener?

bassman
28-May-2014, 06:23 PM
The 1 hour run time for season premier bothers me. What is so difficult about a 1.5 hour season opener?

Darabont's pilot was the only episode ever intended to be longer than the usual 42-46 minute run time. Season Two's premiere was only longer due to issues behind the scenes and was two episodes edited together. So because of those examples most people seem to expect longer premieres and assume there are quality issues if the premiere is a normal length, but they've never been planned to be any longer.

MinionZombie
29-May-2014, 09:30 AM
True, true.

Although it would be nice if they could do an extended premiere episode for the beginning of new seasons, something to make a bigger deal out of it. "24" often do double episode premieres so it's more of an event - however - considering AMC have their schedule tightly packed and very solid with TWD, then Talking Dead, then TWD again, then Comic Book Men, there would be no place to fit in an episode that's any longer than that. Those re-run showings help boost the numbers for the night and grab headlines, so it's understandable why they're sticking with what's worked well for them.

So I suppose what we can have instead is a more epic feel to those standard 43 minutes of show - e.g. 4x01's "Big Spot!" scene, which was quite something. With a couple of extra days on their production schedule for 5x01, it sounds like, perhaps, we'll be getting something bigger than usual in the opening episode of the season (i.e. something that requires additional days of shooting to pull off due to its complexity).

AcesandEights
29-May-2014, 01:35 PM
Darabont's pilot was the only episode ever intended to be longer than the usual 42-46 minute run time. Season Two's premiere was only longer due to issues behind the scenes and was two episodes edited together. So because of those examples most people seem to expect longer premieres and assume there are quality issues if the premiere is a normal length, but they've never been planned to be any longer.

I actually don't expect it for those reasons, I expect it due to how well the show has been received and how nice it would be to pack some detail into an otherwise short season and format (1 hour doesn't mean much with all those commercials).

Though, to be frank, I'd prefer longer season finales, if I had to choose.

zombieparanoia
31-May-2014, 06:26 AM
True, true.

Although it would be nice if they could do an extended premiere episode for the beginning of new seasons, something to make a bigger deal out of it. "24" often do double episode premieres so it's more of an event - however - considering AMC have their schedule tightly packed and very solid with TWD, then Talking Dead, then TWD again, then Comic Book Men, there would be no place to fit in an episode that's any longer than that. Those re-run showings help boost the numbers for the night and grab headlines, so it's understandable why they're sticking with what's worked well for them.

So I suppose what we can have instead is a more epic feel to those standard 43 minutes of show - e.g. 4x01's "Big Spot!" scene, which was quite something. With a couple of extra days on their production schedule for 5x01, it sounds like, perhaps, we'll be getting something bigger than usual in the opening episode of the season (i.e. something that requires additional days of shooting to pull off due to its complexity).

Surely AMC would be able to make more money off skipping the talking dead for a night and running the premiere right through? They are just after the dollars after all as we've seen them do a lot of bad things to the show to make or save a few bucks.

rongravy
31-May-2014, 07:51 AM
Surely AMC would be able to make more money off skipping the talking dead for a night and running the premiere right through?
They could skip that waste of a show forever, as far I'm concerned. Chris Hardwick is really starting to grate on my nerves, I even see his nerdy mug on Comedy Central now.
Plus, Kevin Smith's show needs to die.
Voila, there's enough room for an occasional awesomely long beginning, or ending, to a season that'd surely make for something special.

Either way, I'm ready for the show to go on. Out of the prison, and into the train car, as the kids say...

Moon Knight
19-Jun-2014, 10:42 PM

Looks like a time jump perhaps?

Neil
20-Jun-2014, 08:47 AM

Looks like a time jump perhaps?

Don't see why, could be from a dozen episodes on?

MinionZombie
20-Jun-2014, 12:42 PM
Don't see why, could be from a dozen episodes on?

Or just the guys hanging out on set, which is more what it looks like to me.

Plus the first officially released photo seems to show Rick still inside the train car with the same injuries on his face as in 4x16. The likes of Gimple have also alluded to season five picking up right where season four left-off. You can't leave people on a cliffhanger like that and then just time skip.

Moon Knight
22-Jun-2014, 05:36 AM
Or just the guys hanging out on set, which is more what it looks like to me.

Plus the first officially released photo seems to show Rick still inside the train car with the same injuries on his face as in 4x16. The likes of Gimple have also alluded to season five picking up right where season four left-off. You can't leave people on a cliffhanger like that and then just time skip.

Of course not, I know that. I'm talking about perhaps a time jump sometime shortly after. Don't forget, winter is coming and we all know TWD doesn't shoot winter scenes.

MinionZombie
22-Jun-2014, 10:24 AM
Of course not, I know that. I'm talking about perhaps a time jump sometime shortly after. Don't forget, winter is coming and we all know TWD doesn't shoot winter scenes.

Or, the episode could pick up directly after, handle the Terminus issue and then do a time jump to the usual summery months. :sneaky:

Moon Knight
25-Jun-2014, 12:12 AM
Or, the episode could pick up directly after, handle the Terminus issue and then do a time jump to the usual summery months. :sneaky:

lol, dude, that's exactly what I'm trying to say! You trolling, meh?? haha

MinionZombie
25-Jun-2014, 09:54 AM
lol, dude, that's exactly what I'm trying to say! You trolling, meh?? haha

:o

Whoops, I guess someone, by the name of me, wasn't paying enough attention. :shifty:

Moon Knight
27-Jun-2014, 02:01 AM
:o

Whoops, I guess someone, by the name of me, wasn't paying enough attention. :shifty:

All good. :lol:

MinionZombie
07-Jul-2014, 11:34 AM
Some region-locked clips from the "Dead, White & Blue" weekend:

Preview Tease:
1vxcx4brOSY

Bonus Scene from The Talking Dead Preview Special:
2ODXVMOGgwU

Talking Dead Preview Special Clip 1:
k6fyBfL-Jo0

Talking Dead Preview Special Clip 2:
I2ILT2AUVEs

Neil
07-Jul-2014, 12:06 PM
For those being blocked...

g5oUDkwN--E

Moon Knight
09-Jul-2014, 03:07 AM
Judging by the clip, I assume most of us know exactly what's going on. :rolleyes:

paranoid101
14-Jul-2014, 09:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/N7I8bay.jpg

New image season 5

Link http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/14/walking-dead-norman-reedus-daryl-dixon-season-5-exclusive-photo/?hootPostID=0be5c6ccfe204d509fbfd711d86f41c0#

MinionZombie
15-Jul-2014, 11:52 AM
Someone needs a haircut. ;)

I wonder if the "Termites" torture their victims for information, and possibly see if they can 'convert' anyone they deem to be rather useful (as Daryl would be, but of course he won't bend to their will, unless it was a ploy to escape and free his mates).

facestabber
15-Jul-2014, 03:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/N7I8bay.jpg

New image season 5

Link http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/14/walking-dead-norman-reedus-daryl-dixon-season-5-exclusive-photo/?hootPostID=0be5c6ccfe204d509fbfd711d86f41c0#

Smart move to release this photo as Daryl Dixon news is pretty damn powerful. Dont get me wrong I am completely a fan of Daryl and I love the dynamic he brings to the show. But Norman Reedus' stock has never been higher. I wonder at what point are big budget movie producers going to try and pry him away to sell their movie. Troy Duffy has to be chomping at the bit to finally complete Boondock Saints 3 as Norman will boost viewers at a rate much higher than ever before. As a Saints fan originally, I still prefer Daryl Dixon stay with The Walking Dead as long as possible, even at the expense of TBS.

bassman
15-Jul-2014, 04:02 PM
I like Reedus and I like Dixon, I just dislike how he's taken the focus of the show from Rick and Carl. A lot of fans focus on Dixon more, anyway. It's almost sad when you go into stores and see tons of Dixon merchandise and maybe one Grimes T-shirt...

MinionZombie
15-Jul-2014, 05:46 PM
I think the focus on Dixon is much more due to fans than anything else. I feel the show balances it out quite nicely. He's had more airtime on the show, but I think everyone has in this last season - everybody has had their moment, or episode in fact, to really shine. TWD in general - comics or show - is, fundamentally, at it's core, all about Rick and Carl.

It's just that the uber Daryl fans shout the loudest of them all, probably. Beyond that I think the balance on the show is good, Reedus is a good actor (and seems like a really nice bloke - and a fine champion of the show loyally pumping it up from the TWD corner), and I like the character. I really dug the moment in the season four finale when Rick referred to Daryl as his own brother (take that Shane! :lol:).

rongravy
15-Jul-2014, 08:52 PM
I just wish they'd stop trying to make Daryl look like Leon S. Kennedy with that hair...
Other than that, I can live with him, as Reedus definitely does alot of sweeet picture posting.

facestabber
16-Jul-2014, 04:19 AM
I think the focus on Dixon is much more due to fans than anything else. I feel the show balances it out quite nicely. He's had more airtime on the show, but I think everyone has in this last season - everybody has had their moment, or episode in fact, to really shine. TWD in general - comics or show - is, fundamentally, at it's core, all about Rick and Carl.

It's just that the uber Daryl fans shout the loudest of them all, probably. Beyond that I think the balance on the show is good, Reedus is a good actor (and seems like a really nice bloke - and a fine champion of the show loyally pumping it up from the TWD corner), and I like the character. I really dug the moment in the season four finale when Rick referred to Daryl as his own brother (take that Shane! :lol:).

Rick's "Youre my brother" comment to Daryl was a great piece. IMO, to Daryl, that statement carried alot of weight with him and I have no doubt he would die for Rick. In the midst of the apocalypse, Daryl has found a family and people that love him. To me it is clear that Daryl now survives to protect his family and friends rather than before, when he just survived to survive. I love the range and growth of his character and its gonna suck if/when he goes down.

zombieparanoia
16-Jul-2014, 08:29 PM
I like daryl. I like him more than carl and rick. There, I said it.

To use an analogy to another comic series, I see carl and rick in the comics and the series as being like jean grey and cyclops, they're supposed to be the protagonists of basically the entire marvel mutant universe storyline, everything somehow comes back to them. But who does everyone like? Wolverine. or Gambit or Deadpool or Magneto etc.

I find that often writers make the character(s) who is the protagonist less interesting to the readers/viewers than other characters. look at George rr Martin, he regularly kills off his interesting relateable characters and leaves you with a show full of repellant, meh characters leaving you waiting for him to introduce more interesting cannon fodder.

MinionZombie
17-Jul-2014, 09:41 AM
Maybe I'm in the minority on this, but, I like all the characters in the main group for different reasons. I do have a couple that stand out above the rest, but then quite quickly an episode will come along and I'll be blown away by another character, and then they'll in turn be blown away by another character ... so my favourite is always shifting, although Rick is always like the centre of gravity for the whole affair and ultimately where my allegience lies.

paranoid101
21-Jul-2014, 08:01 PM
Comic Con Poster

http://i.imgur.com/DYGv2dj.jpg

EEK Maybe a bit big

MinionZombie
22-Jul-2014, 09:52 AM
Pretty cool ... although it's a shame that not everyone from train car "A" is in there, as well as Carol/Tyreese/Judith.

Always nice to see TV Rick in his comic book jacket. :)

rongravy
23-Jul-2014, 12:46 AM
That picture almost looks like Michonne is guarding Carl's boodyhole.
Just in case. Just... in... case.

Moon Knight
25-Jul-2014, 03:31 AM
Trailer tomorrow. :D

kidgloves
25-Jul-2014, 11:12 AM
Trailer tomorrow. :D

Indeed.
I know NOTHING about the upcoming season so really looking forward to it

bassman
25-Jul-2014, 03:29 PM
Considering the Comic Con trailers are always made up of footage from the first three episodes of the season, especially the first, it'll be interesting to see how they get around showing how the group escapes train car A and Terminus...

paranoid101
25-Jul-2014, 08:14 PM
Trailers out can't watch as im in the uk sadly

Edit found a link that works in uk http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x224stc_trailer-da-quinta-temporada-de-the-walking-dead_shortfilms

Looks fantastic that is all lol

facestabber
25-Jul-2014, 08:17 PM
Wow the trailer reveals a lot. I will refrain from speaking any further but damn I can't wait

kidgloves
25-Jul-2014, 09:31 PM
Just a small thing, but that explosion �� with all the zombies flying backwards gave me a woody.
That is all.

Neil
25-Jul-2014, 10:07 PM
Trailers out can't watch as im in the uk sadly

Edit found a link that works in uk http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x224stc_trailer-da-quinta-temporada-de-the-walking-dead_shortfilms

Looks fantastic that is all lol
WTF zombie at 2m16s?

rongravy
25-Jul-2014, 11:30 PM
Wow, the trailer looks amazing!!!

RichW
26-Jul-2014, 10:49 AM
Can I just add - WOW, that looks fantastic! literally sent chills up my spine.

I can believe they showed so much, there are some serious spoilers in there - be warned anyone whose not seen it yet.

Can't wait till October, got, to, keep, holding, on, not sure how i'm going to make it now though D'OH

Rich

PS, Many thanks to the link poster Paranoid101

bassman
26-Jul-2014, 04:56 PM
The new trailers still haven't lived up to the first season's, but this was still pretty good. I would've preferred some more emotional moments, but the action is nice as well.

It's interesting to see that they'll be returning to Atlanta. Cool to see all the high rises destroyed and abandoned around the 2:23 mark.

MinionZombie
26-Jul-2014, 05:53 PM
Okay so I've seen the trailer, promptly 'jizzed. in. mah. pants.', and have done a bit of an analysis of it with plenty of screenshots:

http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/the-walking-dead-season-5-comic-con.html

Those water-logged walkers? Holy shit, you guys ... I'm thinking that sequence will rival the Big Spot stuff from 4x01 ... they put the well walker from season 2 to shame, alright! :stunned:

facestabber
27-Jul-2014, 02:52 AM
I'm with Minion on this one. I will sign in bold letters at the top of The Walking Dead fanboy newsletter. We are in the middle of the most epic walker/zombie story ever put to film. We are in the golden era my friends so let's enjoy this epic frickn ride.

Moon Knight
27-Jul-2014, 01:36 PM
They do reveal all of our questions after the cliffhanger but raise many more in their place. The action looks amazing, the walkers are top notch and once again shows them in a different light- HOLY SHIT!

The new environments are a welcome addition too. Not too thrilled with the ending but I'll hold out until release.

Amazing.

MinionZombie
27-Jul-2014, 04:06 PM
Like Moon says - so many questions raised.

Of course the gang were going to be let out of the train car - the specifics of the how and why is to be resolved, but we know something of it.

The water-logged walkers look absolutely ghastly ... that one looking up at Rick as he looks down into that hole in the floor (the one with the grey face that's all puffed up but flowing over it's skull like a melted candle) is just horrific (in a great way).

I've heard that KNB look at a lot of crime scene photos and death photos (a rather grim bit of the job!) but evidently it's all rather useful for helping come up with crazy stuff like that! :eek:

Neil
27-Jul-2014, 06:59 PM
Still like 10 weeks to go?

Moon Knight
28-Jul-2014, 12:50 AM
Minion, I think that walker in your avatar pic is creepy as hell. Horrifying! KNB never lets me down.

Has anyone else notice at around the 22 sec mark one of the captives looks pretty familiar? I think Rick has found something he wanted back. :)

MinionZombie
28-Jul-2014, 09:53 AM
Minion, I think that walker in your avatar pic is creepy as hell. Horrifying! KNB never lets me down.

Has anyone else notice at around the 22 sec mark one of the captives looks pretty familiar? I think Rick has found something he wanted back. :)

Moon - are you thinking:
THEORY:
You mean the white guy nearest the camera with them all lined up over the trough? I had to go frame-by-frame to get a decent enough look at him, but yeah, it really does look like the guy he gave his watch to! Forget the character's name, but yeah ... very keenly spotted, Sir!

kidgloves
28-Jul-2014, 11:34 PM
Don't forget that AMC have a history of screwing with us with these trailer's people.
Misdirection at its best.

Moon Knight
29-Jul-2014, 03:28 AM
Moon - are you thinking:
THEORY:
You mean the white guy nearest the camera with them all lined up over the trough? I had to go frame-by-frame to get a decent enough look at him, but yeah, it really does look like the guy he gave his watch to! Forget the character's name, but yeah ... very keenly spotted, Sir!

That's what I'm thinking, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget that AMC have a history of screwing with us with these trailer's people.
Misdirection at its best.

Agreed. I could already tell you what's "NOT" going to happen.

Legion2213
06-Aug-2014, 05:42 PM
That comic-con trailer is simply Jizz-tastic.

Did rick have a new giant handgun in there as well?

Ricks gun will always be bigger than your gun! :D

facestabber
07-Aug-2014, 02:47 AM
That comic-con trailer is simply Jizz-tastic.

Did rick have a new giant handgun in there as well?

Ricks gun will always be bigger than your gun! :D

Speaking of Rick's gun. I had a conversation with a friend about something which I found interesting. It is the fact that Rick is now wielding an AK47. Now I'll admit this may have absolutely no meaning. Its very likely the writers gave no thought to this idea. But IMO, the AK is always used by the dark/lawless/enemy in film and tv. Or as Gunny Highway once uttered "This is the AK47, the preferred weapon of your enemy....etc". We all can see that Rick has turned from the 'do-good', do the right thing personality which coincidently was always seen with Rick toting an AR/M4/M16(covered all bases). Its safe to say the AR platform is usually associated with the American hero. So my thought is with Rick's personality change, does the AK in season 5 have a symbolism attached?

MinionZombie
07-Aug-2014, 09:54 AM
Legion - I believe Rick's new handgun has a silencer attached to it. I don't know much about guns, being a Brit, so it's some sort of semi-automatic pistol (is that the right term?) with a matching silencer attached, as opposed to the hand-crafted silencers we saw in season three. :)

Facestabber - interesting theory, although I'm wondering if the AK-47 is pinched from Terminus' weapons stash or something like that.

Legion2213
08-Aug-2014, 08:33 PM
Legion - I believe Rick's new handgun has a silencer attached to it. I don't know much about guns, being a Brit, so it's some sort of semi-automatic pistol (is that the right term?) with a matching silencer attached, as opposed to the hand-crafted silencers we saw in season three. :)

Facestabber - interesting theory, although I'm wondering if the AK-47 is pinched from Terminus' weapons stash or something like that.

MZ, you may well be right, I just saw Rick toting it and assumed it was a huge long barrelled semi-auto pistol...because, ya know, Rick is the big gun guy. :D

Either way...bring on S5, because I am stoked for return to the world of TWD!

kidgloves
09-Aug-2014, 11:26 PM
Season 5 trailer. Lego style

2tEhGm7xSlc

MinionZombie
10-Aug-2014, 10:37 AM
Nifty! :cool:

paranoid101
08-Sep-2014, 05:48 PM
New season 5 trailer

AAxMiij8ycc

Sorry suck at linking

Neil
08-Sep-2014, 09:36 PM
^^ No!!! Not going to watch it! You can't make me watch it! Wow the zombie at 0:33!!!! Doh! I watched it :(

rongravy
08-Sep-2014, 10:05 PM
The zombies are looking gnarlier and gnarlier, and I love it. The new season can't come soon enough!!!

MinionZombie
09-Sep-2014, 10:08 AM
Something that I really like about the walkers in TWD is their teeth - not just how they've been able to figure out that 'parted lips, rotted gums' look, but that we're beyond that 'ghoulish dentures' look where it would make it appear that, for some strange reason, converting into a zombie made their teeth go from being normal human teeth into all kinds of messed up forms. The way KNB have been able to move away from that and give us a disturbingly real-looking walker maw is excellent - just look at that walker in the preview thumbnail for that new trailer - excellent stuff! :)

facestabber
09-Sep-2014, 04:44 PM
Again I must repeat, this show has completely reset the standard for the zombie genre. And that standard is high.

Anyone else concerned about the green lighted pilot for the spinoff? I would rather see more money pumped in this show. I have my reservations but will still tune in to see what its all about.

MinionZombie
10-Sep-2014, 10:16 AM
Again I must repeat, this show has completely reset the standard for the zombie genre. And that standard is high.

Anyone else concerned about the green lighted pilot for the spinoff? I would rather see more money pumped in this show. I have my reservations but will still tune in to see what its all about.

As long as the spin-off doesn't interfere with the main show then okay. TWD is their big money spinner, so AMC would be foolish - having since upped the budget for seasons 3 and 4 (and presumably 5) to then cut it back when it's their main draw. Even being in the same universe, the spin-off won't feature our beloved characters and location, so there's plenty of work to do to get viewers to love it enough to keep it going, you know? Hence just an order for a pilot and not a straight-up order of, say, six episodes. Likewise, I don't think any of the main players behind the scenes would want to jeopardise the main show - e.g. by getting too distracted.

As long as the main show isn't affected, and the quality is high, then I welcome the spin-off. It'll be interesting to see a different location in this same apocalypse with new characters that aren't connected to anything already in existence. Hopefully the showrunner of the spin-off will give us something worthy.

I wonder if the spin-off would air at the same time or whether it would air between seasons (assuming it'll go to series) - I'd imagine the latter, particularly with Mad Men finishing next year to go along with the considerable hole left by Breaking Bad. Good to see AMC's continued commitment to Hell On Wheels, though ... I dig that show. :)

paranoid101
29-Sep-2014, 03:23 PM
Some of the Walking Dead spin off cast

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/09/29/first-walking-dead-spinoff-characters-revealed

SEAN CABRERA | A Latino male in his early 40s, Sean is a good man trying to do right by everyone in his life.

CODY CABRERA | Sean’s whip-smart and rebellious teenage son. Known as the angriest kid in town.

NANCY TOMPKINS | A thirtysomething single mom to two kids, Nancy looks like the girl next door, but there’s an edge to her.

NICK TOMPKINS | Nancy’s screwed up teenage son. He’s too old to stay home, too scared to flee.

ASHLEY TOMPKINS | Nancy’s mostly level-headed teenage daughter. Her ambition is in direct proportion to her older brother’s failures. She loves her mom but it’s time to get out of Dodge.

ANDREA CHAPMAN | A somewhat wilted flower child, fortysomething Andrea — yep, another Andrea! — has retreated to the outskirts of the city to recover after a horrible marriage.

zombieparanoia
02-Oct-2014, 06:38 AM
Some of the Walking Dead spin off cast

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/09/29/first-walking-dead-spinoff-characters-revealed

SEAN CABRERA | A Latino male in his early 40s, Sean is a good man trying to do right by everyone in his life.

CODY CABRERA | Sean’s whip-smart and rebellious teenage son. Known as the angriest kid in town.

NANCY TOMPKINS | A thirtysomething single mom to two kids, Nancy looks like the girl next door, but there’s an edge to her.

NICK TOMPKINS | Nancy’s screwed up teenage son. He’s too old to stay home, too scared to flee.

ASHLEY TOMPKINS | Nancy’s mostly level-headed teenage daughter. Her ambition is in direct proportion to her older brother’s failures. She loves her mom but it’s time to get out of Dodge.

ANDREA CHAPMAN | A somewhat wilted flower child, fortysomething Andrea — yep, another Andrea! — has retreated to the outskirts of the city to recover after a horrible marriage.

Sweet fancy jesus. It sounds like a sitcom with all those "rebellious teenage..." and single parents. Brady bunch goes undead. They've even got an Alice!

krisvds
02-Oct-2014, 04:04 PM
Sweet fancy jesus. It sounds like a sitcom with all those "rebellious teenage..." and single parents. Brady bunch goes undead. They've even got an Alice!

Ok; I once predicted a spin off cartoon with talking pets and an eighties soundtrack. No one took it seriously. Seeing the cast of this spin off I can't help but fear it will turn out worse than my worst cynical nightmares.
What we really need is for Paul Verhoeven to turn this into a feature film where the undead slowly tear the annoying stereotypical characters apart.

DayoftheZ
03-Oct-2014, 08:46 PM
Put in spoiler tags just in case. It looks like a promo image but could be a still from series five. All I will say is Glenn is a lucky bugger.

MinionZombie
07-Oct-2014, 04:38 PM
By the way - TWD's just been renewed for a sixth season. :thumbsup::cool::)

kidgloves
07-Oct-2014, 05:13 PM
No webisodes this year?

Neil
07-Oct-2014, 06:58 PM
No webisodes this year?
Do they need the publicity? :)

rongravy
07-Oct-2014, 09:21 PM
Do they need the publicity? :)
Awwww, I liked them. It was kind of like an hors d'oeuvres before the main feast...
:(

paranoid101
08-Oct-2014, 01:16 PM
Maybe the guys that made the web ones are making the spin off.

kidgloves
08-Oct-2014, 07:30 PM
Maybe the guys that made the web ones are making the spin off.

Nicotero did them before so maybe he's just too busy and important to the main production

MinionZombie
09-Oct-2014, 10:00 AM
Is there really any more they can really do with the webisodes? I enjoyed them, but only watched them once-a-piece ... they left a little bit to be desired and the constraints of the production time and budget was quite clear (particularly, I felt, in the third series of webisodes). They don't need them for the hype, that's for sure, and aye, Nicotero is probably just much too busy with all his various responsibilities on the show. The man's got so many crimson fingers in so many gore-soaked pies on TWD (and good for him ... and us!). :D

MagicMoonMonkey
10-Oct-2014, 10:18 PM
Just watched the trailer and I think there is a major spoiler in it.

When Bob Stookey is pleading with Gareth "you don't have to do this", the next clip is what appears to be Gareth holding a dead Bob Stookey by the neck and laughing menacingly as Rick exclaims that "I will kill you!" Does anyone else see this, or is it just me?

zombieparanoia
12-Oct-2014, 09:47 AM
I don't really see it. Not the part with bob.

Legion2213
12-Oct-2014, 09:56 AM
Is there really any more they can really do with the webisodes? I enjoyed them, but only watched them once-a-piece ... they left a little bit to be desired and the constraints of the production time and budget was quite clear (particularly, I felt, in the third series of webisodes). They don't need them for the hype, that's for sure, and aye, Nicotero is probably just much too busy with all his various responsibilities on the show. The man's got so many crimson fingers in so many gore-soaked pies on TWD (and good for him ... and us!). :D

Aye, truth be told, they were just tiny little vignettes that loosely tied to some main characters in really unimportant ways (blokes gets some of Ricks clothing from warehouse/lock-up shocker!!! such massive implications for the future here!!!). :D

Enjoyed them, but like others here, I think I only ever watched them once or twice.

All that said...strap in for tonight guys, because the real deal is back! :cool:

facestabber
12-Oct-2014, 11:49 AM
AMC's The Walking Dead is back!!!! I have instituted my Sunday evening household rules. 1.)No conversations with me just prior to 8pm: Go to bed, read a book just be quite and leave me alone. 2.) It is NOT an emergency UNLESS: The bone is sticking out of the skin. Gross deformity of joint. Bleeding only counts if the blood is spurting 10" or higher from the skin(Dont ask me to convert inches to metric my British neighbors)

MinionZombie
12-Oct-2014, 04:34 PM
AMC's The Walking Dead is back!!!! I have instituted my Sunday evening household rules. 1.)No conversations with me just prior to 8pm: Go to bed, read a book just be quite and leave me alone. 2.) It is NOT an emergency UNLESS: The bone is sticking out of the skin. Gross deformity of joint. Bleeding only counts if the blood is spurting 10" or higher from the skin(Dont ask me to convert inches to metric my British neighbors)

haha, quality rules there facestabber - and don't worry, we also use feet and inches over here ... we've got a curious system. There's official measurements (e.g. hospital stats in metric), and then there's colloquial measurements (e.g. "how tall are you?" - "I'm Xft Xinches").

Going to have a total Internet black out until I've seen TWD - standard operating procedure for all of us, I'm sure, the web can't stay quiet during an episode nevermind after it - and then once I've seen it I'll be back to share my thoughts.

Happy TWD day everyone! :hyper:

kidgloves
25-Feb-2015, 09:51 PM
Finale reportedly extended to 90 mins

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/25/the-walking-dead-season-5-finale-extended-to-90-minutes/